Sign in to follow this  
Excited Canary

Norwich City vs Cardiff City: Match Preview

NORWICH CITY vs CARDIFF CITY on 30/10/10 at 15:00 BST.

Tomorrow’s match brings Norwich City and Cardiff City together in the Npower Championship.

CARDIFF: The Bluebirds have started this campaign as expected; very well. During the summer they added some real quality to their already accomplished side. Bringing in Man City’s winger-cum-strike Craig Bellamy, Wigan’s Jason Koumas and Wolves’ Andy Keogh underlined their ambition to succeed this year. The Welsh team are yet to lose at home this year and much like at QPR, the Canaries will be going out to end that run.

Key Player: Craig Bellamy. No-one was more shocked than the Cardiff fans when Bellamy came back to his home town club. Last year he was successfully plying his trade in the blue of money-bags Man City, and it was too much surprise that Roberto Mancini was willing to let him go so easily. The ex-Norwich player will receive a warm reception from the traveling Canary faithful. Scoring 32 goals their in 84 games, he should expect nothing less. Despite enjoying his time at Norwich many moons ago, no-one more than him will be hoping to add to his current 2 goal tally tomorrow. Bellamy will not be the only player Norwich will have to be wary of, top scorer Jay Bothroyd and strike partner Michael Chopra are up there with the very best.

Season Form: DWWWW. Winning their last 4 games and drawing the game prior to that, has catapulted the Bluebirds up to joint 1st place with QPR. The best performance of all was their most recent one in-front of the sky cameras. A feisty affair in which Bothroyd could have been sent off for a crunching tackle on Leeds forward Becchio, before going on to net a brace. Left back Naylor netted the fourth with a thunderbolt and Chopra got the other.

Predicted line-up:

Heaton

McNaughton

Hudson

Gyepes

Naylor

Burke

Whittingham

Olofinjana

Bellamy

Bothroyd

Chopra

NORWICH: The Canaries will be hoping to follow up last Saturday’s victory over strugglers Boro’, by taking something from the 550 mile round trip to Wales. A performance equivalent to that away at QPR a fortnight ago should see them earn at least a point. Adam Drury has returned from injury and will be hoping to regain his usual left back spot whilst manager Paul Lambert may wish to keep luxury talisman Wes Hoolahan on the bench to take a more defensive approach.

Predicted line-up:

Ruddy

Drury

Ward

Barnett

Martin

Macnamee

Lappin

Fox

Crofts

Holt

Jackson

Head to Head:

All time:

Played: 45

Norwich win: 26

Cardiff win: 12

Draw: 7

At Cardiff:

Played: 22

Cardiff win: 10

Norwich win: 8

Draw: 4

Last time out. Tuesday 10th March 2009. Norwich City 2-0 Cardiff City. Cody Mcdonald scored his first goal for the Canaries and sealed the victory for the Canaries.

My prediction. Cardiff City 3-1 Norwich City. Norwich will put up a good fight but Cardiff’s attack should see them through.

Please feel free to update this thread with news, views, rumours and predictions.

Thank you,

Excited Canary

[quote user="I am a Banana"]YOU AGREE WITH MY PUPs NAP THEN WITH CAARDIFF WINNING [Y][/quote]Ahh, I see you have copied my nap nana. Great preview mate. [Y] I thoroughly agree. Can''t see us winning, or even getting a point sadly. [:(]I do however hope I am wrong! Very wrong!