Sign in to follow this  
Lennon7

Jamie Cureton

I know you all love it when a thread on super Jamie greets your eyes on our wonderful, friendly message board. Scored 2 again this weekend after coming on as a sub.That''s now 6 so far this season. =] The old boy can still cut it ;)*tin hat firmly on*

They still lost though[:P] No,fair play to him.I never disliked the bloke,but sadly he never did it for us!

Another one who''s found his level.  I always thought he was crap for us, and when he carried on whinging in the EEN about "not being given a chance", I lost what little respect I had for him.

In the first of Jamie''s three season back with Norwich (2006/07) I had a spread bet on his season''s goals. One of And Smith must Score''s sons and I had a friendly wager on his goal tally for the season. Fifteen was the middle ground and any less than fifteen goals I gained a pint per goal under fifteen and on the downside it would cost me a pint for every goal above fifteen.

I made the bet just after the Southampton game when had Jamie scored both goals. He had also got two against Barnet during the week so he was already on four goals after three games.

I was not betting from a position of strength but I didn’t have much confidence in him then, even though he was a one of my old favourite players.

He ended up on fourteen for the season and Jamie won me a pint. I would have preferred to have walked out of Morrisons with a couple of four packs of Stella and handed them over, but it was never going to happen.

Not sounding arrogant but I think Norwich was always too big for Cureton...he prefers to play in a smaller team i.e. Colchester and be a ''big fish'' hence his recent success.

think he''ll finish this season with a respectable total.

[quote user="Dan-NCFC"]I know you all love it when a thread on super Jamie greets your eyes on our wonderful, friendly message board.
Scored 2 again this weekend after coming on as a sub.
That''s now 6 so far this season. =]
The old boy can still cut it ;)
*tin hat firmly on*
[/quote]

I''m saying nothing![Y]

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="Dan-NCFC"]I know you all love it when a thread on super Jamie greets your eyes on our wonderful, friendly message board.
Scored 2 again this weekend after coming on as a sub.
That''s now 6 so far this season. =]
The old boy can still cut it ;)
*tin hat firmly on*
[/quote]

I''m saying nothing![Y]

[/quote]

It''s best you don''t Wiz,

The only thing that has happened to Jamie is that he has at last found his level, just like he did at Colchester