Sign in to follow this  
Go Wash Your Mouth Out Son

Renaming Carrow Road ?

Let them take a few million to call it "The Aviva Community Stadium" then...

...it''ll still be Carrow Road to everyone and anyone!

[quote user="lappinitup"]

In view of his new-found and increasing popularity, how about the Robert Chase Stadium?

[:$][:''(]

[/quote]

...or the Smith/Wynn Jones Arena?!

"Some things are not up for discussion, this thread being one of them - Its close to hereacy imho"

"Let them take a few million to call it "The Aviva Community Stadium" then... ...it''ll still be Carrow Road to everyone and anyone! "

You are kidding, the pair of you.

The ''happy clappies'' refer the the River End as the N&P and the South Stand as the Jarrold Stand. With no sense of tradition or independance they will happliy use any coporate name they are told.

Try asking any of these simpletons why it is called the Barclay.

Sadly we have taken on board a whole host of dimwits whose knowledge of the game is limited to regurgutating meaningless phrases they have picked up from the media. They will do as they are told .. witness the cringe making rendition of our club song, delivered as a cuckoo clock chant at the time instructed.

ps a rider to this is that Colmans had offered to sponsor the ground when it was first built, if the club called it the Mustard Pot - thank god the club had a bit of integrity, back then

[quote user="City1st"]"Some things are not up for discussion, this thread being one of them - Its close to hereacy imho"

"Let them take a few million to call it "The Aviva Community Stadium" then... ...it''ll still be Carrow Road to everyone and anyone! "

You are kidding, the pair of you.

The ''happy clappies'' refer the the River End as the N&P and the South Stand as the Jarrold Stand. With no sense of tradition or independance they will happliy use any coporate name they are told.

Try asking any of these simpletons why it is called the Barclay.

Sadly we have taken on board a whole host of dimwits whose knowledge of the game is limited to regurgutating meaningless phrases they have picked up from the media. They will do as they are told .. witness the cringe making rendition of our club song, delivered as a cuckoo clock chant at the time instructed.

ps a rider to this is that Colmans had offered to sponsor the ground when it was first built, if the club called it the Mustard Pot - thank god the club had a bit of integrity, back then[/quote]I''m sure it was jus a bit of fun.Carrow Road is the beating heart of the club and if they ever moved ground I wouldn''t follow them there. The stands too will always keep their traditional names for me..... just as the Championship will always be Division Two.

"I''m sure it was jus a bit of fun."

What was a bit of fun, Mr Cluck ?

[quote user="City1st"]"I''m sure it was jus a bit of fun."

What was a bit of fun, Mr Cluck ?[/quote]The original post. Can you see anyone ever getting away with that? It would be Kett''s Rebellion all over again!

[quote user="Cluckbert Chase"]if they ever moved ground I wouldn''t follow them there.

[/quote]Yep! You said that when we moved from The Nest........

And you stuck to it! [;)]

[quote user="Cluckbert Chase

Carrow Road is the beating heart of the club and if they ever moved ground I wouldn''t follow them there. The stands too will always keep their traditional names for me..... just as the Championship will always be Division Two

After some of the rubbish you''ve put here last week its heartwarming to read a post of yours that is very correct!

Renaming Carrow Road or even leaving the heartland of the club to move elsewhere - P iss off!

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

[quote user="Cluckbert Chase

Carrow Road is the beating heart of the club and if they ever moved ground I wouldn''t follow them there. The stands too will always keep their traditional names for me..... just as the Championship will always be Division Two

After some of the rubbish you''ve put here last week its heartwarming to read a post of yours that is very correct!

Renaming Carrow Road or even leaving the heartland of the club to move elsewhere - P iss off!

[/quote]Maybe it''s just because you agree with what I''ve said on this ocassion.  Mmmmm?  Mmmmm? Maybe? Mmmmm?