Sign in to follow this  
Beauseant

Danny Baker

Danny Baker has announced today that he has cancer. I know it''s not City related but the guy is a true football fan who made 606 unmissable. My thoughts go out to his family.

I personally found his 606 very miss-able but thats another point. Loved his ''Own Goals and Gaffs'' videos as a kid.

Hope he gets well soon!

Top bloke, I hope he beats this horrible illness, he is a quality presenter and hope he is back on our airways soon after.

Ahhh that explains why he''s only done one 606 in the last four. I wish him all best and hope he beats this dreadful disease.

Davo

I thought something must be bad,as he hasn''t done his London show for a while.Sad news,one of the best radio presenters out there.Good luck Danny!

I''m sorry to hear the news about Danny Baker.He is a true '' grass roots '' fan having followed Millwall through thick, but mainly thin, all his life. He used to be a feature writer at '' The Times '' and a few years ago wrote a great article about how he and his wife were invited by Delia Smith to wine and dine at a televised Norwich v Millwall game - the game ended 0-0 with Daryl Russell sent off  - but didn''t want his Millwall mates to see him on TV '' selling his soul '' for a couple of glasses of fine wine and a linen napkin.A great writer and broadcaster and I hope it all works out for him.

What awful news, let''s hope he can beat it.

I loved his Saturday morning show on 5Live, it makes you realise how bizarre it really is to be a football fan. 

Back in the late 90s he had a Sunday show.  It was when mobile phones first began to be widely used, and he used to ask people watching park football to phone in and give a commentary or interview the players, it was hilarious as they often didn''t even know the names of the teams let alone the players.  One guy approached a player after the game, got the name of his team then asked him who the opposition was: "Haven''t got a clue mate" was the reply.  Classic. 

He doesn''t like Norwich and has made no secret of it, but don''t hold it against him.  He''s a Millwall fan, and for Millwall fans, to be "not liked" is a badge of honour.  So I take it as a compliment.

[quote user="Beauseant"]

Danny Baker has announced today that he has cancer. I know it''s not City related but the guy is a true football fan who made 606 unmissable. My thoughts go out to his family.

[/quote]

Just seen this Beaus, thanks for that!. The best presenter of 606 by a garden mile and one of the few presenters that actually knows football exsists outside of the Prem. Top man shame about the Millwall!, all the best Danny....

Can''t stand the bloke as a presenter.... but having cancer isn''t the automatic death sentence it was a few years ago.I wish him well... as I do anyone who gets this news.

great shout Beaus...

top bloke who I have had the pleasure to meet a few times and easily the best presenter/broadcaster on radio London.

born and bred in scummy deptford, earned a bit so moved to a big family pad a mile away just up hill in Blackheath...never far from his roots and ideals that chap.

get batter soon Mr Baker

[quote user="spencer 1970"]great shout Beaus...

top bloke who I have had the pleasure to meet a few times and easily the best presenter/broadcaster on radio London.

born and bred in scummy deptford, earned a bit so moved to a big family pad a mile away just up hill in Blackheath...never far from his roots and ideals that chap.

get batter soon Mr Baker[/quote]

Get Better soon.

EEEK