Sign in to follow this  
Satriales

Away fans Coach and Horses

Its been a while since I''ve visited the Coach (Thorpe road) on matchdays. Is it still away fan friendly?

Got a few mates from Burnley visiting on Saturday and fancy the Coach pre game.

Cheers

[quote user="Satriales"]Its been a while since I''ve visited the Coach (Thorpe road) on matchdays. Is it still away fan friendly? Got a few mates from Burnley visiting on Saturday and fancy the Coach pre game. Cheers[/quote]

Yes mate, no worries and colour friendly too.

The Coach has always been pretty good for away fans with one or two exceptions, Ipswich and Leeds being two that instantly spring to mind.I think as long as away fans aren''t too lairy they''ll be fine although singing, even by home fans, seems to upset the landlord for some reason.It''s a great pub for sensible away fans and if the management think there might be a problem there''s usually a couple of minders on the door to repel undesirables.

[quote user="Iwanlegend"]Get there early if you want a drink, it was absolutely heaving last weekend & most of us were crammed under the umbrellas outside[/quote]The solution would be to ask the barmaid to get out the big jugs ( if you know what I mean )They''re four-pinters, cheaper than four separate pints and save all that faffing about at the bar each time........

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="Iwanlegend"]Get there early if you want a drink, it was absolutely heaving last weekend & most of us were crammed under the umbrellas outside[/quote]

The solution would be to ask the barmaid to get out the big jugs ( if you know what I mean )

They''re four-pinters, cheaper than four separate pints and save all that faffing about at the bar each time........

[/quote]

The NCISA website has Saint on the sidelines and Auntie Marge so i am giving The Butler a call in the morning Graham as i see a new section called Smithy''s Good Pub Guide as a natural progression.The trouble is could you remember where you had been and what you had drunk the day after when compiling your article?[;)]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="Iwanlegend"]Get there early if you want a drink, it was absolutely heaving last weekend & most of us were crammed under the umbrellas outside[/quote]The solution would be to ask the barmaid to get out the big jugs ( if you know what I mean )They''re four-pinters, cheaper than four separate pints and save all that faffing about at the bar each time........

[/quote]

The NCISA website has Saint on the sidelines and Auntie Marge so i am giving The Butler a call in the morning Graham as i see a new section called Smithy''s Good Pub Guide as a natural progression.The trouble is could you remember where you had been and what you had drunk the day after when compiling your article?[;)]

[/quote]Yes Smithy had the pick of pubs for many a year with The White Horse in Wycombe last season.  All the ale, pies and jugs you could want in there if I remember rightly! [;)]

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="Iwanlegend"]Get there early if you want a drink, it was absolutely heaving last weekend & most of us were crammed under the umbrellas outside[/quote]

The solution would be to ask the barmaid to get out the big jugs ( if you know what I mean )

They''re four-pinters, cheaper than four separate pints and save all that faffing about at the bar each time........

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes Smithy had the pick of pubs for many a year with The White Horse in Wycombe last season.  All the ale, pies and jugs you could want in there if I remember rightly! [;)]
[/quote]

I do recall the ''Max and Paddy'' doorman controlling entry and exit to said establishment.....Would be great if we could have a pub in the City like ''The White Horse'' at Wycombe.....It was ''Simply the Breast''.....