Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

RMartin best of our 8 in latest Actim Index Top 100

The six calculations which generate the Actim Index are:

Calculation 1 – Assesses a player''s contribution to a winning team, based on points won by the team when he has appeared

Calculation 2 – Assesses a player''s performance in each game by allocating points for actions that positively contribute to a winning performance such as shots, tackles, clearances and saves. It also takes points away from players for negative actions such as yellow/red cards and shots off target

Calculation 3 – Allocates points based on time on the pitch

Calculation 4 – Allocates points for goal scorers

Calculation 5 – Allocates points for assists

Calculation 6 – Allocates points for clean sheets

How are the data collected?

The data is collected by a representative from the Professional footballers Association (PFA), usually an ex-player, at every Premiership and Championship league match. Video footage is then used to verify the information before the Index is generated and published.

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Sorry. Apparently the font size fuction is not working properly after our forum system downgrade.

The table is available here:

http://actimindex.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/champ_index_top10062.gif

OTBC

[/quote]

Congrats to Russell who has certainly silenced some of the doubters so far and is doing a cracking job. Suprise not to see Leon Barnett up high in the list though and Elliott Ward way down it?!

Also noticed that Jason Shackell seems to be performing, pleased for him......

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Any of those above him a right back? or is he the best right back in the league currently?[/quote]

Best RB in the league currently Ginger!, the more I see of him the more he reminds me of Steady Eddy!

You can check back if you''re bothered but I''ve always thought he was better than decent, bar a playing like he was drunk at orient away (he wasn''t the only one that night).

far better than the "promises much and does very little" but youth academy-close to our hearts tosh with mr spillane...

bravo Lambert once again.

Makes you wonder why P''boro were so keen to get him off their books? Albeit he has got a much better defence beside him here so that may have made him step up to the plate..

I was one of his doubters and really didn''t like him last season, however this season he has been awesome tbh.  I don''t think he has had a bad gme yet.

Crofts is probably POTS so far but Russel Martin is not far behind.

[quote user="Boyo"]

I was one of his doubters and really didn''t like him last season, however this season he has been awesome tbh.  I don''t think he has had a bad gme yet.

Crofts is probably POTS so far but Russel Martin is not far behind.

[/quote]Agree with all of the above.