Sign in to follow this  
vos

Will they ever get off Robert Chase's back

In yesterdays EDP under the heading, would you believe, Canaries Latest, Chris Lakey gives four columns devoted to Kevin Drinkell''s displeasure with Robert Chase. This is all about a possible transfer to Spurs 25 years ago !!!! Obviously the usual wheeler dealing was taking place particularly as the other party to the negotiations was the wiley cockney boy himself Terry Venables. Even Alan Sugar could not come to terms with his business dealings. Robert Chase kept us in the top teir, mainly by appointing good managers and judicious dealings in the transfer market. He certainly did not have anyone backing him with loads of readies from Saudi Arabia.

The Club is now very slowly getting back on to an even financial keel because we have Robert Chase Mark 2 in charge i.e. David McNally a shrewd hands on businessman. He is offering 2011-2012 season tickets now. A bit cheeky but good business sense.I am sure "Chasey" will be proud of him.

Two other points. I see NCISA members on another thread are even now still nasty towards RC AND would the EDP encourage any little bits of ancient criticism to appear directed to Delia and her luvvies.

I don''t think so.

[quote user="vos"]I see NCISA members on another thread are even now still nasty towards RC.......

[/quote]Bad, bad people! [:S]

[quote user="vos"]In yesterdays EDP under the heading, would you believe, Canaries Latest, Chris Lakey gives four columns devoted to Kevin Drinkell''s displeasure with Robert Chase. This is all about a possible transfer to Spurs 25 years ago !!!! Obviously the usual wheeler dealing was taking place particularly as the other party to the negotiations was the wiley cockney boy himself Terry Venables. Even Alan Sugar could not come to terms with his business dealings. Robert Chase kept us in the top teir, mainly by appointing good managers and judicious dealings in the transfer market. He certainly did not have anyone backing him with loads of readies from Saudi Arabia.

The Club is now very slowly getting back on to an even financial keel because we have Robert Chase Mark 2 in charge i.e. David McNally a shrewd hands on businessman. He is offering 2011-2012 season tickets now. A bit cheeky but good business sense.I am sure "Chasey" will be proud of him.

Two other points. I see NCISA members on another thread are even now still nasty towards RC AND would the EDP encourage any little bits of ancient criticism to appear directed to Delia and her luvvies.

I don''t think so.[/quote]Couldn''t agree more.I''ll never stop being grateful for what Robert Chase gave me as a fan over many years.... but sadly many have short memories.... or memories based on what they''ve either read or heard about it from the Carrow Road/Delia Smith spin machine.It''s sad.... but life really is that shallow these days.

[quote user="vos"]In yesterdays EDP under the heading, would you believe, Canaries Latest, Chris Lakey gives four columns devoted to Kevin Drinkell''s displeasure with Robert Chase. This is all about a possible transfer to Spurs 25 years ago !!!! Obviously the usual wheeler dealing was taking place particularly as the other party to the negotiations was the wiley cockney boy himself Terry Venables. Even Alan Sugar could not come to terms with his business dealings. Robert Chase kept us in the top teir, mainly by appointing good managers and judicious dealings in the transfer market. He certainly did not have anyone backing him with loads of readies from Saudi Arabia. The Club is now very slowly getting back on to an even financial keel because we have Robert Chase Mark 2 in charge i.e. David McNally a shrewd hands on businessman. He is offering 2011-2012 season tickets now. A bit cheeky but good business sense.I am sure "Chasey" will be proud of him. Two other points. I see NCISA members on another thread are even now still nasty towards RC AND would the EDP encourage any little bits of ancient criticism to appear directed to Delia and her luvvies. I don''t think so.[/quote]

Interesting view Vos.

What NCISA members would that be?

My views on what happened to Bob are well known.

I will leave it at that.[:D]

It is time we all looked forward but we can only do that by learning from what''s already gone.

[quote user="vos"]In yesterdays EDP under the heading, would you believe, Canaries Latest, Chris Lakey gives four columns devoted to Kevin Drinkell''s displeasure with Robert Chase. This is all about a possible transfer to Spurs 25 years ago !!!! Obviously the usual wheeler dealing was taking place particularly as the other party to the negotiations was the wiley cockney boy himself Terry Venables. Even Alan Sugar could not come to terms with his business dealings. Robert Chase kept us in the top teir, mainly by appointing good managers and judicious dealings in the transfer market. He certainly did not have anyone backing him with loads of readies from Saudi Arabia. The Club is now very slowly getting back on to an even financial keel because we have Robert Chase Mark 2 in charge i.e. David McNally a shrewd hands on businessman. He is offering 2011-2012 season tickets now. A bit cheeky but good business sense.I am sure "Chasey" will be proud of him. Two other points. I see NCISA members on another thread are even now still nasty towards RC AND would the EDP encourage any little bits of ancient criticism to appear directed to Delia and her luvvies. I don''t think so.[/quote]

Judicious dealings in the transfer market.  What total nonsense!  Are you including the sale of Ashley Ward without even telling the manager?  In case you didn''t know, that sale was forced on the club by it''s bankers because of the perilous financial state we were in.. 

What about refusing to pay £250k for a goalkeeper to replace the injured Bryan Gunn.  That judicious piece of business got us relegated (you seem to have forgotten that Chase didn''t keep us in the top tier) and quite possibly cost us 10 years in the Premier League. 

Chasee was judicious in some business dealings - he bought control of our club for £60k, paid himself £100k a year for virtually bankrupting it, then sold his shares for £7m! 

When you talk about appointing good managers are you including John Deehan and Gary Megson?

And by the way, have you ever wondered why Mike Walker and Martin O''Neill walked out of the door?

The list of his incompetence goes on and on - he was simply bailed out by a good youth system and some good buys in the transfer market.

By the way, you also seem to have forgotten that the EDP tried to force Delia Smith to sell her shares to Norwich City''s answer to Marcus Evans not so long ago.

What colour is the sky in the world that you live in?

[quote user="dylanisabaddog"]

Judicious dealings in the transfer market.  What total nonsense!  Are you including the sale of Ashley Ward without even telling the manager?  In case you didn''t know, that sale was forced on the club by it''s bankers because of the perilous financial state we were in.. 

What about refusing to pay £250k for a goalkeeper to replace the injured Bryan Gunn.  That judicious piece of business got us relegated (you seem to have forgotten that Chase didn''t keep us in the top tier) and quite possibly cost us 10 years in the Premier League. 

Chasee was judicious in some business dealings - he bought control of our club for £60k, paid himself £100k a year for virtually bankrupting it, then sold his shares for £7m! 

When you talk about appointing good managers are you including John Deehan and Gary Megson?

And by the way, have you ever wondered why Mike Walker and Martin O''Neill walked out of the door?

The list of his incompetence goes on and on - he was simply bailed out by a good youth system and some good buys in the transfer market.

By the way, you also seem to have forgotten that the EDP tried to force Delia Smith to sell her shares to Norwich City''s answer to Marcus Evans not so long ago.

What colour is the sky in the world that you live in?

[/quote]Here we go again....Did the world suddenly begin at the end of Robert Chase''s magnificent reign? Who brought these great palyers to Carrow Road?  Who took us into Europe? Who gave us two FA Cup semis and League cup success? Who built the club up to be among the best in the land?Like I''ve already said.... selective memories in overdrive. As for what colour the sky is..... was there any sky at all before Delia Smith created your particular deluded little world?

I agree with this until you just go and spoil everything with that last line.

Why can''t Geoffrey Watling, Sir Arthur, Big Bob and Delia be treated with the respect they deserve?

You answer your own question I''m afraid. Complaing about folks treatment of Chase whilst finishing with a dig about Delia and her luvvies is pot and kettle in my eyes. And that''s the thing, some fans hold grudges against Robert Chase and others hold grudges against Delia Smith. You only have to read the replies to your post to undersatnd that.

As for the bit in the newspaper, well I guess if an ex player who publishes a book has something to say they will report it. Similarly when Martin O''Neill''s book was published they went with Robert Chase''s words from it because he had been quiet for a long time so his words were more newsworthy.

"Robert Chase kept us in the top teir (sic)"

Except that he didn''t.

"by appointing good managers"

The EDP assessed our 31 managers in our first 100 years. Megson ranked 31st. Deehan 29th.

The problem with NCFC has in fact been that in terms of the policies pursued Smith & Jones were in many ways a continuation of Chase - notably in the prioritising of property development.

This "Chase: Was He Good Or Bad?" debate has rumbled on for a few years now-hindsight is now looking to portray him as a knight in shining armour.

Whether hindsight, again, in 20 years time or so portrays DS and MWJ et al in the same forgiving light, well, we''ll have to wait and see...

Its interesting that, despite the antipathy towards the current regime, especially in the season prior to, and the relegation season, there was nothing like the scale of protest and antagonistic fervour against them, compared to that directed at the Robert Chase regime when its halo was perceived as slipping, sending us, then, as previously, down a slippery slope.

Small scale dissent and protest of course, and heated debate on these and other NCFC boards, debate that verged on hate-opinions differed, but what was constant, was that everyone seemed to have an opinion.

Perhaps, in those days of Chase, when there was no internet and anonymous means to spout anger and frustration, that very same was more spontaneous in nature, and actual, visible, physical protest came about more readily and easily?

Because there were protests. Whatever else his time at the club brought us, it ended with anger, anger and discontent from fans, players, managers, plus stark headlines in the local press magnifying that. However, to repeat a point, that anger has been nowhere near the same wide scale with regard to that regime and those god-awful, in particular, 2007/08 and 2008/09 seasons.

Can Chase be held accountable for the loss of Martin O''Neill as a Manager, ditto Mike Walker, plus the wholesale exodus of players at that time? Well, if he is the man at the top, was the man at the top, then yes, he can''t be blameless.

But, by that same logic, then he must be regarded with a more positive view with regard to the prem success, the FA Cup semi-finals, the initial upgrade of the ground and beginnings of Colney.

I have previously posted that football caught up with, and overtook Robert Chase, and I will stand by that opinion. Where the game was, mid to late 80''s and into the 90''s, a man his financial standing, ambition, capability, could and did do things well at a football club, and he did.

As the game grew out of all proportion, our resources, his resources and planning couldn''t keep up, we were to be left behind, no-one wanted that, and I don''t think for one moment he wanted that either-but Jack Walker, a multi-national multi-millionaire of international standing and his ilk were coming into the game, and Robert Chase, a well off bloke from Norfolk couldn''t keep up.

He wasn''t the only club chairman at that time to suffer for it, neither were we the only club-Middlesbrough nearly went out of existence, Maidstone, then a football league club did. And Wimbledon, FA Cup winners in 1988, started their steady demise which peaked when footballs new breed decided that there was more money to be made in ''fashionable'' Milton Keynes.

Football has now caught up with and speedily overtaken the resources of DS and MWJ. Like Robert Chase before them, they are trying to stem the tide, but it is difficult, and now, even more so, to make money out of football and be profitable. FFS, Liverpool and Manchester United, massive debts, clubs that we used to be on a level playing field with-like West Ham-going pretty much the same way, what relegation might do to them this season-frightening...

When Robert Chase left the club, there was a good chance that someone would take over, debts included. Not quite so many suitors out there in 2010 willing to do it now.

Each regime has had its positives, each its negatives, and we can list them ad-infinitum, to support those who we favour, as easily as we can offer the negatives of the other. However, any and all failings of either are, and were, I believe, down to circumstances in the game, not their avowed intent, as it sometimes seems to be portrayed on here, to deliberately, wilfully, and intentionally run the club into the ground.

Fool!

The board continually questioned the management team as to why they were not putting forward transfer targets.

Only one name was put before the board - Bob Taylor of WBA. We offered in excess of £1m, this was acceptable but we were unable to make the deal attractive to a player who wished to stay at a club where he enjoyed legendary status amongst the fans.

Are you suggesting that selling 2 players at a combined income of Â£2.6m & at double original cost (& bearing in mind that one of these had sustained a serious knee injury from which he never fully recovered) was bad business?

As ''Butler'' is fully aware, we should never have been put under such pressure from our bankers. We had net debt of £6m, but in those days football club balance sheet assets were considerably under-valued due to non-capitalisation of player contracts. We had player gross transfer value totalling around £20m!

People like you make me puke.

Interesting how minds become so selective.

Yes we had the best footballing years under Chase but i think that had a lot more to do with Messrs Brown, Stringer and Walker than it did with Chase.

Had Chase backed Mike Walker the Xmas we were walking the Premier League by 8 points we would most likely have won the very first Premier League. But he didn''t. Walker walked and the club fell to pieces and very nearly ceased to exist.

Football was not his primary concern. Building his own empire was!

I''m not going to crow about Smith and Jones either becuase they have made some of the very same mistakes up until they got some one in who knew how to run a football club.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]How on Earth are you supposed to know what went on if you''re only 15 [:^)][/quote]Indeed. I was only 10 when it all kicked off, and I have had no access to behind the scenes of Carrow Road to get a full understanding of the pressures and demands of running a football club. As Old Shuck said, I am sure each regime has had pros and cons, in what have been two very differing football environments.

Yes we had the best footballing years under Chase but i think that had a lot more to do with Messrs Brown, Stringer and Walker than it did with Chase.

Had Chase backed Mike Walker the Xmas we were walking the Premier League by 8 points we would most likely have won the very first Premier League. But he didn''t. Walker walked and the club fell to pieces and very nearly ceased to exist.

I''m not going to crow about Smith and Jones either becuase they have made some of the very same mistakes up until they got some one in who knew how to run a football club.

This clearly shows that you really haven''t got a clue.....The club was never going to disappear... it was pure, deviously organised spin to ring the panic bells among the creditors. Haven''t you grasped that yet? ..... especially in view of the media game Portsmouth have just played?As for his success being more to do with Stringer/Walker et al. Who hired them? Who paid their wages? Who stumped up the money to buy those great players?Chase left a very small debt.... and plenty of assets to cover it. Smith has created a massive debt.... with bugger all anywhere to cover it.

[quote user="Cluckbert Chase"]

This clearly shows that you really haven''t got a clue.....

The club was never going to disappear... it was pure, deviously organised spin to ring the panic bells among the creditors. Haven''t you grasped that yet? ..... especially in view of the media game Portsmouth have just played?

As for his success being more to do with Stringer/Walker et al. Who hired them? Who paid their wages? Who stumped up the money to buy those great players?

Chase left a very small debt.... and plenty of assets to cover it. Smith has created a massive debt.... with bugger all anywhere to cover it.

[/quote]

You might as well sit on your perch, look in your mirror and occasionally knock seven bells out of you little bell Cluck.

The prophets of the pinkun forum KNOW what happened because they read about it. Therefore it must be true.[;)]

For those who enjoyed the football and the great occasions of that time there is always room for a thanks.

Yes I''ve heard all this before. People who claim to be "in the know" over things that happened at that time. They happily pass on office gossip from the time or even the window cleaner''s tittle tattle. These people KNOW what went on and other mere mortals apparently only know what they read, rendering their opinion worthless.

One person who you can guarantee knew everything that went on was Geoffrey Watling. Another was Martin Armstrong. Their views and actions speak louder than words and I find it incredible that folk feel they have the right to doubt Watlings motives through tittle tattle.

But then it hardly matters what is said on here. This is a forum for opinions and one persons is as valid as another. But, where it does matter, is when this opinion is stated as fact out in the real world. Where a bunch of butchers, bakers and candlestick makers take these rumours as fact and start campaigns against people at our football club because they are disappointed by the team''s performance or results. We had that to an extent over both Robert Chase and Nigel Worthington.

It''s interesting that NCISA are dragged into this thread. Most of the adverse comments are about the group many years ago. Now we are to believe they are new NCISA and not the old nCIsA who took fan opinion in the real world and took the club on. On another thread NCISA are organising a wonderful event with Kevin Drinkell and Ken Brown for their members, along with the other great initiatives that are making membership such an attractive proposition. But before I join I would need to know if this new NCISA is a supporters club or a pressure group and also what is their committee''s opinion on our clubs majority shareholders.

Surely all these posts prove what a diversity of opinions and people we have among Norwich City fans, NCISA members, and indeed NCISA committee members.

Does it matter Nutty what the individual committee members feel about the club''s current majority shareholders or their predecessors?

Attend the social event, revel in the past and have a good time.

If events cause anyone to protest in the future let us all worry about it then ...... because it might just never happen !

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="Cluckbert Chase"]

This clearly shows that you really haven''t got a clue.....The club was never going to disappear... it was pure, deviously organised spin to ring the panic bells among the creditors. Haven''t you grasped that yet? ..... especially in view of the media game Portsmouth have just played?As for his success being more to do with Stringer/Walker et al. Who hired them? Who paid their wages? Who stumped up the money to buy those great players?Chase left a very small debt.... and plenty of assets to cover it. Smith has created a massive debt.... with bugger all anywhere to cover it.

[/quote]

You might as well sit on your perch, look in your mirror and occasionally knock seven bells out of you little bell Cluck.

The prophets of the pinkun forum KNOW what happened because they read about it. Therefore it must be true.[;)]

For those who enjoyed the football and the great occasions of that time there is always room for a thanks.

[/quote]True enough Butler... Sad how this cynically engineered myth is allowed to go unchallenged though.  [Y]

I don''t think it is entirely fair to judge Chase in an incredibly bad light, I think the last few years of his reign did highlight an inbalance at that time, of priorities.

Perhaps he was in it to make money but it is a buisiness after all. Where he went wrong was that for many years we had been able to hold our own in the top flight whilst still being able to sell on our top players. This was down to the managers being able to sign bargain replacements or a suitable youth player being found to grow into the role.

The problem I see with this is that it works with the ''little club'' mentality. I don''t think Chase ever saw us as being good enough to fight for the top league title. He didn''t see the worth in the risk to win it either. But at the end of the day that was the problem. When we were in dire straights in terms of league position how much did he do to try and keep us up?

And as for quality players he brought to this club - he may have provided the fee''s but its the managers at the end of the day, that identify their targets and do the work of bringing them in.

When push came to shove Chase was not up to dealing with being in a tight spot. He continued to line his own pocket with money from a sinking ship.

I would also like to point out that it was not a small debt. You are talking 15 years ago. Our debt back then was considerable comparatively speaking and just as inflation started to rise.

Not only that but he left the old South Stand in a state that required sums of money spent on it pretty much every year just to keep it within the safety requirements. A club with an average gate of what 14/15k. A team with few if any stars.

And at that time, it wasn''t the cost of relegation that caused it because the sky money wasn''t present in the force it is now.

It is infact a small miracle that we didn''t get relegated in the seasons after falling from the premiership - its not like we didn''t struggle, its not like we had a squad capable of anything but surviving if they fought hard reliant on good youngsters coming through like Eadie, O''Neil, Forbes, Llewelyn.

Smith and Jones may well have made misstakes, but to me they are not of the same ilk. They have nothing to do with ensuring they have money lining their own pockets, more than anything their misstakes have been due to naievity, trusting people like Doncaster etc and even some managers Roeder and Grant.

Thankfully they found Big Mac and inturn he has found Lambert.

In these times when mega ritch owners are only interested in bargain premiership teams.

Sure they have made misstakes but they have not hidden from them, pretended that they didnt happen and carry on regardless.

And for me that is the difference. Not the success or successes of their reigns but how they have delt with the lows - because like it or lump it everyone makes misstakes and it''s how people deal with their misstakes that shows how humble and honest they are. To this day Chase says he would still have done nothing different - to me that says it all.

Well yes it does matter. It matters to me and I suspect many others. I believe, with your present New NCISA initiatives, you could easily pass 1,000 members as a supporters club. Probably even double that because it would be very attractive to exiled fans too. But as a pressure group I doubt you will get there. Unless of course there''s another disappointing season and you can have another "out campaign".

[quote user="Cluckbert Chase"][quote user="The Butler"][quote user="Cluckbert Chase"]

[/quote]

[/quote]True enough Butler... Sad how this cynically engineered myth is allowed to go unchallenged though.  [Y]

[/quote]

The problem is though Cluck is that you are incredibly biased. You give no credit where credit is due.

For example by saying a ''little debt'' when you are talking of an era when teams had yet to really start signing players for tens of millions. Back then it was a considerable amount for a football club.

If you presented a case with substanciated fact and without bias and then explained this is why you feel this way more people would probably be forced to agree with you.

But you don''t which gives the impression that quite frankly you couldn''t care less what anyone has to say about the matter - you know you are right. As if to top it off you then tend to have a dig at Smith and Jones which is fine but again at least substanciate.

[quote user="chicken"][quote user="Cluckbert Chase"][quote user="The Butler"][quote user="Cluckbert Chase"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

The problem is though Cluck is that you are incredibly biased. You give no credit where credit is due.

For example by saying a ''little debt'' when you are talking of an era when teams had yet to really start signing players for tens of millions. Back then it was a considerable amount for a football club.

If you presented a case with substanciated fact and without bias and then explained this is why you feel this way more people would probably be forced to agree with you.

But you don''t which gives the impression that quite frankly you couldn''t care less what anyone has to say about the matter - you know you are right. As if to top it off you then tend to have a dig at Smith and Jones which is fine but again at least substanciate.[/quote]A debt is only a true debt if you have no ultimate means to cover it.... Robert Chase did by way of land and on-field assets. Somewhat like negative equity in the market.Delia Smith has created un-recoverable debt and taken what was once a very viable club to the brink of administration. There is no argument as to who will leave the club better off when they depart and close the boardroom door behind them.Delia Smith has created debt

[quote user="Cluckbert Chase"][quote user="The Butler"][quote user="Cluckbert Chase"]

The club was never going to disappear... it was pure, deviously organised spin to ring the panic bells among the creditors. Haven''t you grasped that yet? ..... especially in view of the media game Portsmouth have just played?

[/quote]

[/quote]

True enough Butler...

Sad how this cynically engineered myth is allowed to go unchallenged though.  [Y]

[/quote]

--

--

Fine. Now there is a generally-accepted version. That Chase was stupid enough to have the club existing on short-term debt. Got into financial trouble. Despite selling players at a profit of £4.3m our overall profit was only £1.2m, and our debt had risen to £4.5m. A very high figure under the circumstances. As a result he was forced by the banks to hold a firesale of Newsome and Ward, two of our best players, when we were in a relagtion fight. That version is backed up by facts. Balance sheet facts. And we did sell Ward and Newsome. And Chase left very shortly afterwards.

Now if that version is "a cynically engineerd myth" then please relate the real version of what happened. No coy hints. A fact-based version. Put up or shut up.

Until someone does that I''m sticking with the generally-accepted version.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]

then please relate the real version of what happened. No coy hints. A fact-based version. Put up or shut up.

[/quote]

Seconded[Y]

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Cluckbert Chase"][quote user="The Butler"][quote user="Cluckbert Chase"]

The club was never going to disappear... it was pure, deviously organised spin to ring the panic bells among the creditors. Haven''t you grasped that yet? ..... especially in view of the media game Portsmouth have just played?[/quote]

[/quote]

--

--

Fine. Now there is a generally-accepted version. That Chase was stupid enough to have the club existing on short-term debt. Got into financial trouble. Despite selling players at a profit of £4.3m our overall profit was only £1.2m, and our debt had risen to £4.5m. A very high figure under the circumstances. As a result he was forced by the banks to hold a firesale of Newsome and Ward, two of our best players, when we were in a relagtion fight. That version is backed up by facts. Balance sheet facts. And we did sell Ward and Newsome. And Chase left very shortly afterwards.

Now if that version is "a cynically engineerd myth" then please relate the real version of what happened. No coy hints. A fact-based version. Put up or shut up.Until someone does that I''m sticking with the generally-accepted version.

[/quote]There were still plenty of assets left when Smith took over.... What will be left when Smith finally clears off back to Suffolk? Debt.... and nothing to cover it other than someone else''s ''investment'' in her abysmal failure.

[quote user="Cluckbert Chase"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Cluckbert Chase"][quote user="The Butler"][quote user="Cluckbert Chase"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

True enough Butler...

Sad how this cynically engineered myth is allowed to go unchallenged though.  [Y]

[/quote]

--

--

Now if that version is "a cynically engineerd myth" then please relate the real version of what happened. No coy hints. A fact-based version. Put up or shut up.

Until someone does that I''m sticking with the generally-accepted version.

[/quote]

There were still plenty of assets left when Smith took over....

What will be left when Smith finally clears off back to Suffolk? Debt.... and nothing to cover it other than someone else''s ''investment'' in her abysmal failure.
[/quote]

--

Thank you for clearing that up. You don''t have a "real" version. And not one fault found in the generally-accepted version. Not that I am surprised but it''s useful to see you acknowledge that.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Cluckbert Chase"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Cluckbert Chase"][quote user="The Butler"][quote user="Cluckbert Chase"]

The club was never going to disappear... it was pure, deviously organised spin to ring the panic bells among the creditors. Haven''t you grasped that yet? ..... especially in view of the media game Portsmouth have just played?[/quote]

[/quote]

--

--

Now if that version is "a cynically engineerd myth" then please relate the real version of what happened. No coy hints. A fact-based version. Put up or shut up.Until someone does that I''m sticking with the generally-accepted version.

[/quote]There were still plenty of assets left when Smith took over.... What will be left when Smith finally clears off back to Suffolk? Debt.... and nothing to cover it other than someone else''s ''investment'' in her abysmal failure.[/quote]

--

Thank you for clearing that up. You don''t have a "real" version. And not one fault found in the generally-accepted version. Not that I am surprised but it''s useful to see you acknowledge that.

[/quote]P!ssing into the wind........NEXT.