Sign in to follow this  
Captain Holt

Oh dear, how flattering.......

Probably far more embarrassing than Colchester''s release last season. Is it really worth selling a dvd of just another league game? As you say, quite tragic.Wonder what they''ll do next season if they appear in the top flight... release a dvd each week.

question is, why aren''t we doing this? I''m sure some people out there would love a DVD of a game they watch. The first time a kid goes to see a game with dad, the casual viewer who only gets to see 2 or 3 games a season. Extra revenue for City... so what''s bad about it?

I don''t know so much Pete. How much do these individual match DVD''s cost to produce? Surely they can''t make much of a profit from it considering that price? I can understand it for bigger or more memorable games but not for each and every week.

[quote user="Superflash"]I don''t know so much Pete. How much do these individual match DVD''s cost to produce? Surely they can''t make much of a profit from it considering that price? I can understand it for bigger or more memorable games but not for each and every week. [/quote]Even if they produce them as they are ordered, and are sold for a fiver, I reckon there is a profit there.

[quote user="Superflash"]I don''t know so much Pete. How much do these individual match DVD''s cost to produce? Surely they can''t make much of a profit from it considering that price? I can understand it for bigger or more memorable games but not for each and every week. [/quote]Blank DVDs, 30p each? Recording - do it at home all the time. First one needs editing, then easy to copy. All good.

It''s something I don''t understand. The cameras are at the game already so why is it that only 2-3 (6 if you watch it on canaries player) minutes are actually shown in highlights? Why not make it so more is availble? Ok I''m sure people wouldn''t buy DVD''s of the Watford game but the Leicester one perhaps which pretty much had everything. Everything is already there to make these DVD''s so why not try and maximise the use of something that is already there.

Davo

think this is a fantastic idea. Like someone said earlier a DVD is pennies to produce and if you think about it £3 for a programme or £5 for a dvd of the last match when you are flying at or near the top know which one I would rather have. Bet you would get at least a couple of hundred fans that collect every game.