Sign in to follow this  
H4H

Number seem to be down

Since the new message board has been in use, number of users and posts seem to be much lower.

I dont post very much but I come on here to see whats going on daily.

I find the new look really unfriendly and its still jerky and takes a few seconds to re load every time I go back to the main page or click on a new post.

This is the only website that I have any issues with

there do seem to be less messages at the moment, but i have to say i have no issues with this either, all runs fine on my home and work pc

For me - its a blessing in disguise....

There was so much activity on here it was so difficult to navigate, finally we seem to have some order on here and you are able to read most if not all subjects on here and reply with relative ease.

For the record I have no problems with the new layout.

Long may it continue!

Yes I''ve noticed a big drop in posts and new threads the past few weeks which is a shame as I love it when its busy with loads to reply to( although there is less rubbish on here now)

Guess the new layout has put some people off although I dont have a problem with it, works fine for me.

Not that I had  problem with it... but I think there were more ''multiple user names'' on here than most thought.  When the site changed all bookmarks became void and lots of passwords and little used email addresses lost.It''ll build up again over time.... but the most important thing of all is that I am still here.

I used to log on and and have a good read and make the odd post, but now I must go on may be once a week if that, just got bored with reading the same old boring posts about how bad Holt is playing and general moaning about Zak Whitbread.

[quote user="H4H"]Since the new message board has been in use, number of users and posts seem to be much lower.

I dont post very much but I come on here to see whats going on daily.

I find the new look really unfriendly and its still jerky and takes a few seconds to re load every time I go back to the main page or click on a new post.

This is the only website that I have any issues with[/quote]

Yes, you''re right H4H, I visit this MB infrequently and I have noticed that the number of posters and posts has definitely reduced significantly. It is a shame, because I used to find it quite entertaining apart from the irritating little clique of frequenters constantly slapping each others'' backs and rushing to rubbish anybody who had an opposing view or who dared to "take on" one of their own. Although..., thinking about it that was quite entertaining anyway. I also agree that the new site is slower than before which combined with the reduction in threads/posts and the design and format has made this MB less attractive to me and apparently to others as well.

To be honest most sites tale off eventually, and when there isn''t a lot to complain about you will go down to just a few stalwarts/saddos (depending on your viewpoint!).

I know several came here because there was more activity than on other sites but as time goes on they will try elsewhere.

Facebook and Twitter will also take some away, and God forbid others may take up or restart non-computer based activities.

But there will always be trolls and students here !

this place does seem to be boring at the minute, and i don''t like it, i used to like popping on here and reading the bull crap people used to write, now that has all disappeared..

didnt see the point in changing from the old site myself,

[quote user="Cluckbert Chase"]Not that I had  problem with it... but I think there were more ''multiple user names'' on here than most thought.  When the site changed all bookmarks became void and lots of passwords and little used email addresses lost.

[/quote]

Think you''re right Cluck. It took me a while to remember my password.

Had you written your addresses and passwords down [:D][;)]

[quote user="Shack Attack"]

[quote user="Cluckbert Chase"]Not that I had  problem with it... but I think there were more ''multiple user names'' on here than most thought.  When the site changed all bookmarks became void and lots of passwords and little used email addresses lost.[/quote]

Think you''re right Cluck. It took me a while to remember my password.

Had you written your addresses and passwords down [:D][;)]

[/quote]That''s a bit hurtful Shack......Pretty unlikely isn''t it as no-one ever seems to agree with me..... [:)]

I''m at uni now so find it hard to get on and browse and post that much at the best of times these days

[quote user="The Butler"]

Easy, I will start a thread about what NCISA are doing next.

That will bring THEM ALL out of the wood work![;)]

[/quote]He he he....  State that you''re reviving the old Norwich City Supporters Club and even the press would want to know about it.

[quote user="Cluck"]Pretty unlikely isn''t it as no-one ever seems to agree with me.....[/quote]I''m fairly confident that you could start an argument in an empty room Cluck old chap [:)]

I''m happy with the new format after the initial teething problems.

I personally am not posting as much as a lot of the threads lately seem niggly and/or boring, although I do visit often.

Its because we''ve been doing well!

If we were doing s hit and the club was being badly run then this forum would be overloaded with irate posts!

The return of Roerdernowhere would make this forum more popular!

Spot on grantroederdisaster! The numbers have been dropping steadily for nearly a year now. Football wise there''s been nothing to moan about since we lost to Carlisle in the cup last year. So apart from wanting Delia out and Chase back everything in the Carrow Road garden is rosy.

Here''s a little game that could be fun to play on a damp dark November evening : -

Who do you miss most on this board now we''re doing ok?

I think there is more to it than that.

I think people have more things to be worried about than this forum thesedays. I started to post on this forum back in its old form back in 1998 (that''s pre the last forum).

What I have noticed since say 2003/2004 is that regular posters from back then have started to dwindle - at the very least post a lot less.

The views have become more extreme and on the whole less representative of the people I meet and talk to on a regular basis.

Since the lifting of all moderating I find myself having to sift through stuff. Things like the Stephen Fry thread which I just find rediculous. As a result I visit less because when I have come home from work I don''t want to have to search through a forum for a good discussion or to open a topic to find a petty argument or someone stating their opinion as infallible fact.

Back in the day we used to discuss the merits of the team and if there was anything you would change in terms of personel or tactics, it used to be done without name calling and with respect for other people''s opinions. I don''t see that so much anymore, Cityangel started a thread that could have been interesting on Holt and instead people just said he is crap, rubbish etc without really giving much reason or again an opinion based on a score line and not even a radio commentary.

Its not only the posts numbers that has gone downhill, a lot of the content has as well.

[quote user="Bogbrush78"][quote user="H4H"]Since the new message board has been in use, number of users and posts seem to be much lower. I dont post very much but I come on here to see whats going on daily. I find the new look really unfriendly and its still jerky and takes a few seconds to re load every time I go back to the main page or click on a new post. This is the only website that I have any issues with[/quote] Yes, you''re right H4H, I visit this MB infrequently and I have noticed that the number of posters and posts has definitely reduced significantly. It is a shame, because I used to find it quite entertaining apart from the irritating little clique of frequenters constantly slapping each others'' backs and rushing to rubbish anybody who had an opposing view or who dared to "take on" one of their own. Although..., thinking about it that was quite entertaining anyway. I also agree that the new site is slower than before which combined with the reduction in threads/posts and the design and format has made this MB less attractive to me and apparently to others as well.[/quote]

I agree with everything you said Bogbrush!

I think since it has changed their has been more posts about football where you can talk about football rather than nonsense.  These are posts like the one about are we better defensively now than in 03/04.  Not the Grant Holt thread because if you dared say something bad about him you got shot down for it.

No you got shot down because you said he was crap and needed replacing.

That''s not quite the same as he is isn''t playing as well as he can and we need competition in so we can drop him and give him a breather to see if he comes back refreshed.

And that''s what I mean. People come on here, post their opinion and then seem really upset when people don''t agree with it rather than trying to understand why they don''t agree they make it out to be personal and then threads go down the pan.

[quote user="Cluckbert Chase"]Not that I had  problem with it... but I think there were more ''multiple user names'' on here than most thought.  When the site changed all bookmarks became void and lots of passwords and little used email addresses lost.It''ll build up again over time.... but the most important thing of all is that I am still here.[/quote]Every cloud has a silver lining.

[quote user="chicken"]I think there is more to it than that. I think people have more things to be worried about than this forum thesedays. I started to post on this forum back in its old form back in 1998 (that''s pre the last forum). What I have noticed since say 2003/2004 is that regular posters from back then have started to dwindle - at the very least post a lot less. The views have become more extreme and on the whole less representative of the people I meet and talk to on a regular basis. Since the lifting of all moderating I find myself having to sift through stuff. Things like the Stephen Fry thread which I just find rediculous. As a result I visit less because when I have come home from work I don''t want to have to search through a forum for a good discussion or to open a topic to find a petty argument or someone stating their opinion as infallible fact. Back in the day we used to discuss the merits of the team and if there was anything you would change in terms of personel or tactics, it used to be done without name calling and with respect for other people''s opinions. I don''t see that so much anymore, Cityangel started a thread that could have been interesting on Holt and instead people just said he is crap, rubbish etc without really giving much reason or again an opinion based on a score line and not even a radio commentary. Its not only the posts numbers that has gone downhill, a lot of the content has as well.[/quote]

Think you have hit the nail firmly on the head Chicken [:)]