Sign in to follow this  
Flying Dutchman

Matchday parking

Hi,

I live in Durham and normally get the train to home games when I can, however, this saturday I will be driving for the first time in a couple of years to the match.

Where is the best place to park? I''ll be arriving late morning so it would be good if I could find somewhere to leave my car all day within walking distance of the ground?

Cheers.

If you''re not staying in the city after the game, park & ride at Costessey or Thickthorn on the A47.Enjoy the walk and a pint on the way to the ground. Otherwise join the queue to get in and out of County Hall.

If staying in the city, all the city centre car parks are busy and expensive.

I park in Thorp st round the back of the ground, at the carpark next to the Mustard pot 5min walk to the ground, also get a good pint and pub meal, the car park is £3.00 but if you get  there before 12 no one is there collecting money, guess what time I get there.,oh shit they will all try to beat me there now 

[quote user="Flying Dutchman"]Hi, I live in Durham and normally get the train to home games when I can, however, this saturday I will be driving for the first time in a couple of years to the match. Where is the best place to park? I''ll be arriving late morning so it would be good if I could find somewhere to leave my car all day within walking distance of the ground? Cheers.[/quote]

There''s several charity car parks on Thorpe Road which charge £2.50 which are a 5 min walk to the ground but you need to be there before 1.45pm