Sign in to follow this  
W-H

Come and meet Hucks! 3rd November.

My son attends Harford Manor School in Norwich which caters for children with complex special needs. This year the school have taken out a lease on a charity shop in St John’s Close, just off Hall Road, Norwich mainly to provide the older kids with some work experience and an opportunity to develop the social and communication skills that most of us take for granted.

I asked City legend Darren Huckerby if he would be prepared to open the shop, cut a ribbon – that sort of thing. However he has offered not only to do that but also to work in the shop for a morning!

So if you would like a chance to meet Hucks and at the same time show your support for a really worthwhile local project, please come along between 10:00 and 12:00 on Wednesday 3rd November.

We use that school for our Water babies classes on Saturdays.  From browsing the work on the walls, it looks like a lot of care and imagination goes into the lessons, and this initiative sounds like an excellent way for the students to gain work experience. [Y]Good on Huckerby for working in the shop for a morning too, I hope the press will be there to give this some exposure.

Thanks MC, the school is truly exceptional and the staff are incredibly dedicated and focused on providing the kids with the life skills that they need. Many of the kids face huge challenges but all of the older ones have been involved in fitting out the shop, sorting out the stock, arranging buyers for surplus stuff etc.

Hucks is a top bloke – he doesn’t have to do this but he didn’t hesitate when I asked him. I have notified the press and hope that they support the event.

[quote user="W-H"]My son attends Harford Manor School in Norwich which caters for children with complex special needs. This year the school have taken out a lease on a charity shop in St John’s Close, just off Hall Road, Norwich mainly to provide the older kids with some work experience and an opportunity to develop the social and communication skills that most of us take for granted. I asked City legend Darren Huckerby if he would be prepared to open the shop, cut a ribbon – that sort of thing. However he has offered not only to do that but also to work in the shop for a morning! So if you would like a chance to meet Hucks and at the same time show your support for a really worthwhile local project, please come along between 10:00 and 12:00 on Wednesday 3rd November.[/quote]

Hope you have a great day WH and that the shop makes loads of money for the school.

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="W-H"]My son attends Harford Manor School in Norwich which caters for children with complex special needs. This year the school have taken out a lease on a charity shop in St John’s Close, just off Hall Road, Norwich mainly to provide the older kids with some work experience and an opportunity to develop the social and communication skills that most of us take for granted. I asked City legend Darren Huckerby if he would be prepared to open the shop, cut a ribbon – that sort of thing. However he has offered not only to do that but also to work in the shop for a morning! So if you would like a chance to meet Hucks and at the same time show your support for a really worthwhile local project, please come along between 10:00 and 12:00 on Wednesday 3rd November.[/quote]

Hope you have a great day WH and that the shop makes loads of money for the school.

[/quote]

Double standards me thinks CA or is HUCKs a special case in your eyes[;)]

Whats wrong with you Butler, you''re making yourself and ncisa look a right pillock.

WH has a lad with special needs at Harford School and is promoting a charity event to raise money.

I just wished him well with the charity shop ( close to my heart as I work in one )

My apologise W-H this was NOT a thread for a friendly leg pull.

I sincerely hope that all goes VERY well on the day and that you make loads of dosh.

I can''t attend on the day but will give the shop a look when I''m in the City, my stepson attends Fred Nicholson School in Dereham which is a sinilar sort of school.

[quote user="cityangel"]

Whats wrong with you Butler, you''re making yourself and ncisa look a right pillock.

WH has a lad with special needs at Harford School and is promoting a charity event to raise money.

I just wished him well with the charity shop ( close to my heart as I work in one )

[/quote]I like you more and more each day CA.   [:)]Keepy uppy.

[quote user="hucksdh6couk"]I''ll be there bright and early ready for my shift, come along and order me about and get me grafting. i refuse to make tea or coffee though![/quote]

I have to make coffee and teas in the charity shop I work in Hucks so don''t make excuses [:)]

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="hucksdh6couk"]I''ll be there bright and early ready for my shift, come along and order me about and get me grafting. i refuse to make tea or coffee though![/quote]

I have to make coffee and teas in the charity shop I work in Hucks so don''t make excuses [:)]

[/quote]Making brews is chick''s work though.[;)]

[quote user="W-H"]My son attends Harford Manor School in Norwich which caters for children with complex special needs. This year the school have taken out a lease on a charity shop in St John’s Close, just off Hall Road, Norwich mainly to provide the older kids with some work experience and an opportunity to develop the social and communication skills that most of us take for granted.

I asked City legend Darren Huckerby if he would be prepared to open the shop, cut a ribbon – that sort of thing. However he has offered not only to do that but also to work in the shop for a morning!

So if you would like a chance to meet Hucks and at the same time show your support for a really worthwhile local project, please come along between 10:00 and 12:00 on Wednesday 3rd November.[/quote]Is there a ladies underwear section I could browse?

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]I do work in a charity shop too and I am constantly asked to make tea and coffee so, based on Morty''s theory, quite what that says about me I''m not sure [;)]
[/quote]

You and Morty doing community service then hey.[;)]

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]I do work in a charity shop too and I am constantly asked to make tea and coffee so, based on Morty''s theory, quite what that says about me I''m not sure [;)]
[/quote]

Are you a volunteer like me Graham just doing it in your spare time or is that your full time proper job.

Hope you enjoy it as much as I do, I find it very satisfying and good fun plus you get really appreciated [:)]

[quote user="Cluckbert Chase"]
I like you more and more each day CA.   [:)]

[/quote]

Thats worrying Cluck [:)]

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="Cluckbert Chase"]I like you more and more each day CA.   [:)][/quote]

Thats worrying Cluck [:)]

[/quote]

Do up your seat belt CA..... I''m moving in...... [;)]

Reminder - If you are free on Wednesday morning, come along and meet Hucks at the "Close-links" Harford Manor School charity shop, St John''s Close, Norwich between 10:00 and 12:00.

I will see if I can bring an appointment that I have on Wednesday morning forwards W-H.Many thanks for donating £10 to Diabetes UK for my Half Marathon run also.  I think that I left you off the thanks that I gave out on my thread above?Oh and Hucks, if you are reading, then please click on one of the links below... [;)]The figure for Diabetes UK is rising steadily, but I haven''t had any donations towards the Cystic Fibrosis Trust recently.

Sorry I didn''t get around to making it today W-H.  I really wanted to get along and offer my support.  Let me know if there is anything that I can do to help you in the future. Thanks so much to HUCKS for your kind donation to the Cystic Fibrosis Trust earlier today. I know a young 5 year old

man who has just been admitted to hospital with CF complications for the

second time in several months. I know that this young man and his

family are very thankful of us helping to raise awareness of the CF

cause.  Here''s hoping that the little bit of money we raise can go towards them finding a cure, or increasing the quality of life and life expectancy of those who have it. Thanks once again to both of you... Smudge
[Y]

That''s good to hear about Hucks Smudger, hopefully it''ll help that young man''s life be a lot less complicated.

Hope the shop opening went well too.

Thanks all for your good wishes and especially to Hucks for his helping in making a really special day yesterday.

There is a short article in the Norwich Evening News:

http://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/news/footballer_opens_special_norwich_charity_shop_1_717341#sharinganchor

By the way, Hucks did make the tea!