Sign in to follow this  
Baldyboy

IF ONLY

"if only huckerby could pass the ball" that was a quote from an everton mate of mine who saw the game, that is so true. he thinks he can do it all alone and he cant he has to be more of a team player. he is a great individual but needs to be more aware of his teammates. the fact that according to sky stats he has attempted 210 dribbles before last night and only 21% have been successful should say something to him. just wondered what others out there think?

what u on about!!

huckerbys main problem is that he passes TOO much.  he always feels that he shouldnt be too shelfish and passes when really he should shoot.  if a few more people had a shot here and there we may actually score

I totally agree with the initial post.

When you''re standing on the touchline, one guy beside you and two in front, what do you do? Hmmmmm, let me think...

Dribble???? NO!!!

He just needs to knock it infield and make a run occasionally, he is soooooooo predictable with the "dribble, dribble, dribble again" mentality.

Next time he does that, look around and see who''s around for him to pass to, who''s showing or making a run. Usually no-one, so it''s a no-brainer. And to say he doesn''t pass is just garbage. He had 3 assists in the Middlesborough game - how did he manage that without passing? Telepathy?

He''s back on song I reckon, despite the misses last night, and without him we''d be nothing. Huckerby and Ashton are gonna be a scary sight for any defence now.

You lot are having a laugh aint ya... We could all say if... like what about MULRYNE going past two defenders and putting the ball in the top corner or HOLT having a shot from from outside the area or we could say BRING BACK CEDRIC ANSELIN or DE TWAARD..HUCKERBY IS THE BEST PLAYER WE HAVE HAD IN AGES...BUT MOST OF YOU THINK HE SHOULD BE RESTED... PERHAPS WE SHOULD HAVE RESTED HIM LAST SEASON AT HOME TO CARDIFF AND WIGAN OR THE SC#M

For christ sake. This is ridiculous.

I know what I''m talking about. I know how to play football. I know that Huckerby is one of our best players.

But I also know that dribbling into 3 players is POINTLESS.

And I also know he does it all the time. I have eyes. They help me see these things.

Hucks should play up front, he is dangerous there and will cause problems. But the "same old same old" is never a good thing, whether you are Mike Milligan or Diego Maradona. And every player in the league knows what Huckerby is about to do..... dribble.

Perhaps bananaman CITY should sign you up because you can see everything with your eyes and you know how to play the game... or you could be the manager of CITY and tell HUCKS not to dribble with the ball and just pass into a midfield area which is being over-run by world class midfielders or(LEE HENDRIE)or pass it backwards when he is being MAN-MARKED by two players or we could bring back DE TWAARD because he did have pace

These are the sort of points that worthy should be working on in training with them, whether they are or aren''t we don''t know, but its summin that needs fixing. Huckerby should have options with the full back offering support when going forward and also the two centre mids should make room to receive a pass. I agree that hucks tends to overcomplicate things but what do you do when you have limited options??? For christs sake worthy SORT IT OUT!!!

Good to see hucks coming back and doing his fair share of defending last night, about bloody time too. OTBC

What does De Waard have to do with anything.

Well, if you are happy with him dribbling into people for 80% of the game, that''s fine with me. Enjoy!

for what it''s worth Banannaman I know exactly what you are saying and agree totally with you. There are alot of new posters on here that see an opinion of one aspect of a players game as you thikning he is a pile of poo and you are just a moaner, just ignore them.

Guys and gals, I think it is fair to say everyone knows that Huckerby is our best player, but that doesn''t excuse him from a little bit of criticism.  We have watched make the same mistakes (running into 3 defenders) week in week out.   Nigel and the coaching staff are to blame for not sorting that out.   Making this point does not mean that I haven''t noticed the good things Huckerby has done, it just means that I can see a glaring possibility for him to improve his game and Norwich Citys possession vastly and make himself a much better player.

Im sorry if there is a crisis of HUCKERBY dribbling with the ball at three opposing players and not passing it.. GET REAL.. Im sure the best part of his game is dribbling with the ball and taking people on and nearly every game two players marking him.. so yes he should pass the ball back to DRURY so he can then pass to HOLT back to FLEMING then to EDDY then on to ASHTON then BACK to HUCKS... WE COULD BE WATCHING BRAZIL IN DISGUISE REALLY..

[quote]for what it''s worth Banannaman I know exactly what you are saying and agree totally with you. There are alot of new posters on here that see an opinion of one aspect of a players game as you thikning ...[/quote]

StevenageFan: I hate newbie-bashing, just because someone doesn''t have 400+ posts to thier name doesn''t mean they are incapable of making a valid point.

On this particular subject I can see both sides of the argument. Yes, maybe Hucks should look up more, but to defend our new poster I agree that there is little there to pass to. Huckerby''s main strength is when he runs at people and telling him to stop doing what he does best is not good, trying to curb it a little is probably a good thing. So its somewhere in the middle of the two arguments IMO....

Zema''s Tendon: I don''t know what you are talking about, and I''m not sure you do either. What the hell is this description of other players passing to each other about??!

I was just talking about Huckerby.

And he needs to stop just putting his head down and dribbling into players feet 95% of the time. Anyway - if you''re sure that he definitely CAN''T improve as a player, and he should never change or adapt, then fair enough.

I would rather he did.

Sorry.

WELL I THINK HUCKS CAN IMPROVE AS A PLAYER.. PERHAPS BEFORE A GAME HE COULD DRINK RED BULL AND FLY THROUGH OPPOSING TEAMS WITH THE BALL LODGED BETWEEN HIS FEET OR LIKE LAST SEASON WHEN HE BEAT THREE DEFENDERS/MIDFIELDERS AGAINST WIGAN AND CARDIFF AND PASS THE BALL BACKWARDS.. IM SURE WE WERE ALL CHEARING WHEN THE BALL WENT IN TO THE BACK OF THE NET.. OR PUT HIS HEAD UP 95% OF THE TIME AND PASS BACK TO... SEE PREVIOUS POST.. OR WE COULD CALL HIM CLARKE KENT(SUPER MAN)

WE ARE BRAZIL IN DISGUISE LONG LIVE THE HUCKS

[quote]StevenageFan: I hate newbie-bashing, just because someone doesn''t have 400+ posts to thier name doesn''t mean they are incapable of making a valid point. On this particular subject I can see both side...[/quote]

Worthy, Newbie bashing?   I just said there are lots of new posters that think criticism of one aspect of a player is moaning, what''s wrong with that, its true.   This week we have had an influx of posters telling people that have been on here for months to stop moaning.  Personally I take offence if someone bowls into a room and calls me a moaner when they have never had a conversation with me before.   Bananaman  and I have often been called over optimistic by numerous people on here and new posters shouldn''t just assume we are all doom and gloom because of a post about Huckerby running into players with his head down.  The fact the point has been raised is because we want to see Huckerby improve, not because we think he is rubbish.

I`ve  always been baffled  when its mentioned  ,again ! ,  that Hucks runs with his head down  ....  like he should  not be watching what the ball is doing at his feet  while  he`s also facing two or more  defenders hacking away at him  at rhe same time !  ....... I challenge anyone to keep their head up whilst trying this trick !!       ......  obviously the inference is that by " keeping his head down "  he`s not seeing whats happening around him  ? ..........    if this was so  he wouldn`t get past one defender , let alone two or three  !!  ......  He`s STILL  our top striker ..... what does THAT say  about our other strikers  ... hmmmm ?

I`m upbeat about our chances of staying in the prem  ...Everton were having a hard time   breaking us down  , and , my God ,are we unlucky or what ?  a daft goal  and  sitters missed  [ ok Hucks  try hadn`t enough beef behind it ]  and yet another  blinkered referee ........... and injuries galore     its gotta break  in our favour  soon .......... 

Agree with you totally bananaman.  I for one never wish to see Hux dropped or leave the club but just because I dont want that does not mean that he is not beyond criticism.  Many a time you see him run with his head down into a barrage of players to inevitably lose the ball.  All some of us are saying is that maybe just maybe if he did look around and lay the ball off he could then make a more beneficial run which would have the defenders thinking and tracking back wondering where he is going.  I would love a pound every time I have said "bloody hell Hux" why did''nt you just pass it instead of overunning the ball or running into two or three defenders.  That does not mean that I dont love the guy though. 

More often than not , Navman ,  Hucks has had noone to pass TOO  on his " runs "   .........  he was  just left on his tod  out there on the left   to get on with it ......   in the games against M`boro and Everton  he  has been  placed were the real action  happens  !    let him get used to this situation again  ....    I see the Ashton / Hucks  partnership   coming good  .... its up to the midfield to feed them  !!!!

I too agree that the Hucks Ashton partnership is a winner.Huckerby is my favourite current Norwich player, and his confidence has been lowered by playing on the wing in a team that is under-performing. All he needs is a couple of lightning performances up front to get the shooting boots back on.However, I will say again - no player is beyond criticism if they continually make the same mistakes. And I''m afraid dribbling straight into people is a mistake. Why he makes that mistake doesn''t interest me in the slightest, it''s still happening.ANYWAY WE ARE BRAZIL AND HUCKS PASSES TO JONSON WHO KNOCKS IT BACK TO HOLT THEN SHOOTS AND WE''RE BRAZIL AND THREE PLAYERS LIKE IN THE WIGAN GAME.Ain''t that right, Zema''s tendon?

You are right there bananaman.. just like BRAZIL.. LETS HOPE HUCKS GOES PAST CHAPLOW.. PURSE.. ALBRESCTIEN.. then knocks it in the bottom corner then i say this post will be gone for EVER and HUCKS will carry on being GOD and can DRIBBLE for EVERBRAZIL IN DISGUISE... GIVE IT TO SUTCHY

"Zemma''s" Tendon: Can you please sort your name out. If you have an apostrophe, then it doesn''t show up on the page. Also, if your name is in reference to Zema Abbey you''ve spelt it wrong.