Sign in to follow this  
e10_yellow

Portman Road derby date change

Now at SEVEN FORTY FIVE IN THE EVENING on Thursday, April 21

Who''d have thought it! Hopefully if it goes off without too much trouble the police might realise we don''t always have to play it at breakfast time.

[quote user="CanaryJames"]When was the last time we played them in an evening kick-off?

Wasn''t the 1985 Semi-Final per chance? My memory is poor![/quote]There were a few in the late nineties, I''m pretty sure.

Wow i am actually amazed that we managed to get the old bill to agree to do this. Getting a 3pm kick off out of them would probably prove to be very difficult. Lets hope it passes off without trouble so it can happen again

Not sure if it was before or after this but I remember losing 2-0 there one mid-week in the late 90''s??

on original topic, not that I''m complaining, but how the the police possibly think it''s better to have this match on a Tharsday night rather than a 1.15pm ko on a Good Friday ?!?

Hopefully trouble will be at a minimum so we can have more evening kick-offs in future and maybe 3pm Saturday games too but I''m not holding my breath on this one.

What an odd time for a derby. Well by that I mean why a Thursday? [:S] Does this mean that we will have no Saturday/Sunday game? [:(]

I am annoyed if so. I hate it not having a Norwich game to go to/listen to on a Sat/Sunday. Friday night is just about bearable, but Thursday evening.

Would rather Sunday noon if I''m honest. But I agree, Saturday 3.00pm would be good. London derbies are often played saturday normal time, e.g West ham vs spurs etc.

Why not us?

disappointed Tbh. I probably won''t be able to go now, due to work. Hopefully it''ll be on TV, so I can catch the 2nd half!

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]Last one I can remember was 20 October 1998, 1-0 win at their place courtesy of Bellamy.Any advances on 1998?[/quote]

All meetings since then have been played on a Sunday so no.

[quote user="NCFC-47"]We have derby on the monday no weekend game
[/quote]Right. Well when was the game previously then? Because we obviously wouldn''t have played sunday then monday. Did the Derby game get moved too?

[quote user="Brendo "][quote user="NCFC-47"]We have derby on the monday no weekend game[/quote]Right. Well when was the game previously then? Because we obviously wouldn''t have played sunday then monday. Did the Derby game get moved too?[/quote]Previously it was Ipswich on Friday, Derby on Monday. Easter weekend.

[quote user="s10_yellow"][quote user="Brendo "][quote user="NCFC-47"]We have derby on the monday no weekend game
[/quote]Right. Well when was the game previously then? Because we obviously wouldn''t have played sunday then monday. Did the Derby game get moved too?[/quote]

Previously it was Ipswich on Friday, Derby on Monday. Easter weekend.
[/quote]

Everyone else plays Saturday and Monday right?

[quote user="Canary Man of Kent"]

[quote user="s10_yellow"][quote user="Brendo "][quote user="NCFC-47"]We have derby on the monday no weekend game
[/quote]Right. Well when was the game previously then? Because we obviously wouldn''t have played sunday then monday. Did the Derby game get moved too?[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]So it has moved from Friday to Thursday and the big fascination and sense of glee from moving 1 day is why? [:S]

[quote user="Canary Man of Kent"]

[quote user="s10_yellow"][quote user="Brendo "][quote user="NCFC-47"]We have derby on the monday no weekend game[/quote]Right. Well when was the game previously then? Because we obviously wouldn''t have played sunday then monday. Did the Derby game get moved too?[/quote]Previously it was Ipswich on Friday, Derby on Monday. Easter weekend.[/quote]

[/quote]Couple of games on Friday, but most are Saturday then Monday.http://www.football-league.co.uk/page/AllCompFixtures/0,,10794~201004007,00.html

[quote user="Brendo "][quote user="Canary Man of Kent"]

[quote user="s10_yellow"][quote user="Brendo "][quote user="NCFC-47"]We have derby on the monday no weekend game[/quote]Right. Well when was the game previously then? Because we obviously wouldn''t have played sunday then monday. Did the Derby game get moved too?[/quote]Previously it was Ipswich on Friday, Derby on Monday. Easter weekend.[/quote]

[/quote]So it has moved from Friday to Thursday and the big fascination and sense of glee from moving 1 day is why? [:S][/quote]Because evening derby games are infinitely better and more exciting than the awful Sunday lunchtime kick-offs we usually have.

[quote user="s10_yellow"][quote user="Brendo "][quote user="Canary Man of Kent"]

[/quote]

[/quote]So it has moved from Friday to Thursday and the big fascination and sense of glee from moving 1 day is why? [:S][/quote]

Because evening derby games are infinitely better and more exciting than the awful Sunday lunchtime kick-offs we usually have.
[/quote]But it wasn''t on a Sunday, that is my point. Unless it was at like 12 or something? Sounds good to me though, evening away game to Ipswich, BRING IT ON. [:D]

[quote user="Brendo "]But it wasn''t on a Sunday, that is my point. Unless it was at like 12 or something? Sounds good to me though, evening away game to Ipswich, BRING IT ON. [:D][/quote]It was at 1.15pm on Good Friday, a bank holiday, so pretty much equivalent to a Sunday game. Will be a cracker if we''re still in the play-off places so near the end of the season..

I am delighted its in the evening now because the atmosphere will be great, in the away end at least, but surely there will be a bigger security risk in the evening in the dark where people getting drunk running round causing havoc, surely a friday lunchtime would be better ?

Just a question on the tickets for this game.

It''ll probably be a ballot, if I get to 9 away league games can I use one of my away match stubs from last year to get to 10 and thus move to the second priority group?

Thanks OTBC

[quote user="CT"]Just a question on the tickets for this game.

It''ll probably be a ballot, if I get to 9 away league games can I use one of my away match stubs from last year to get to 10 and thus move to the second priority group?

Thanks OTBC[/quote]Only if the match is within 12 months of the date of the Ipswich fixture.

[quote user="Matt Juler"][quote user="CT"]Just a question on the tickets for this game.

Thanks OTBC[/quote]Only if the match is within 12 months of the date of the Ipswich fixture.[/quote]Or if you have 10 stubs from the last 12 months at the moment you could submit them to the ticket office now and can you use them for any written application games