Sign in to follow this  
Bovril

FM 2011

Anyone had a go at the demo? I''m failing miserably lying in 19th at the start of December, it''s showing how poor our attack is. I don''t concede many but have scored twice in 6 games, ha.

Have to say it''s very accurate with the best players being Drury, Ward and Jackson for the goals.

Most of our players have been bought from the lower leagues, so it is very unlikely that they would be given much credit by a management game.

Really, I''m top. Clear by 10 points at christmas. Made a couple of signings though, just waiting until Friday to finish the job.

Just noticed this thread title and thought for a moment my new Fanny Magnet calendar for 2011 had already hit the shops.It is a must for all you girls and would make a wonderful stocking filler.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Just noticed this thread title and thought for a moment my new Fanny Magnet calendar for 2011 had already hit the shops.It is a must for all you girls and would make a wonderful stocking filler.[/quote]Fanny magnet calendar??  Is it full of pics of you Tilly or the fanny your magnet has attracted?   Just as a thought does a fanny magnet only work with fannies that have metal in them??  such as the ones that go buzz and can be ordered from the back pages of Gentlemens Publications???[;)]

Just downloaded the demo (bit late i know) and played the first couple of games. Lost 4-3 against Cardiff first game but breezed passed Stockport in the League cup 3-0. Wes with 3 goals in 2 games and Oli J with 2 goals in 2 games. Not bad to be honest.

I have never really played a manager type game before but am thinking of getting this one.  So a few questions;

I know some are on PC but can you get them for Xbox?

Can you actually play the match or are you just the manager?

And if you are just the manager, how does it actually work?

Think its PC/MAC/PSP only...

You don''t play the match (you can watch simulation, or just text, so you can make tactic changes/subs in match, or let your assistant do it all...)

Its quite detailed really, if you get into every aspect of the game, you could easily ignore a lot (like training, setting induvidual player tactics/options etc) and still do ok, because if you do everything, it does take quite a long time, and if your the kind of person who can''t get to into a game for very long often enough (I think i had one day, when i did a whole season with Chelsea, but thats about the only time i have ever played over 2/3 hours a day...)....Its only £25, so i would suggest you try it out, its mean''t to be even better this year from a couple of reviews i have read, not that i thought there was anything bad with FM 2010....

Hmmm... thanks Ginger, I might just give it a go, I think my mate has FM 2010 so I might have to give his a go first!

Nice, i was going to go to Game and see if they where selling it for £25 like on their site (unlikely, they like to put prices up by at least £10 in their stores....) but think i''m going to Amazon now :D

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Nice, i was going to go to Game and see if they where selling it for £25 like on their site (unlikely, they like to put prices up by at least £10 in their stores....) but think i''m going to Amazon now :D[/quote]Every year I consider upgrading, but I still play CM01/02... just the right level of being able to pick it up and play it, without it being too ludicrously easy. I think if I bought FM2011 I might end up disappearing from public life altogether... ;)

I think the FM11 game is out tomorrow.  I''m hoping mine will be delivered then too (sad, I know).  Will no doubt spend an inordinate amount of time on it over the weekend.

I hardly ever start out as Norwich manager - I usually start either as unemployed or in non-league and try to work my way up either with the team I manage or job moves.  Sometimes I''ve even done well enough to get the Norwich job.

FM is such a guilty pleasure isn''t it?

[quote user="Coelho"][quote user="Gingerpele"]Nice, i was going to go to Game and see if they where selling it for £25 like on their site (unlikely, they like to put prices up by at least £10 in their stores....) but think i''m going to Amazon now :D[/quote]
Every year I consider upgrading, but I still play CM01/02... just the right level of being able to pick it up and play it, without it being too ludicrously easy. I think if I bought FM2011 I might end up disappearing from public life altogether... ;)
[/quote]01/02 is by far the best manager game.  Tsalko and Onesimo are legends.

[quote]Every year I consider upgrading, but I still play CM01/02... just the right level of being able to pick it up and play it, without it being too ludicrously easy. I think if I bought FM2011 I might end up disappearing from public life altogether... ;)[/quote]Ha! me too... we''re a dying breed. I still play CM01/02, although I did move on a little with FM2009 networking. Bit of an addict really. My friend and I are Gateshead and Bath in the prem lol. I find it a little too easy tbh, but then again, playing CM/FM since 1993 does that to ya !

Got the demo on my laptop, but none of the pictures show up, and all the screen goes a slightly different colour. Hopefully the proper game wont be the same! Can''t wait to get it!

Really enjoying all the CM01/02 banter, folks. I started with Norwich and remember Alex Notman being absolutely awesome for about five years, but then I fell out with Bob Cooper over his refusal to expand the stadium, issued an ultimatum and got told to clear my desk. Lack of ambition, prudence, etcetera etcetera...

Yeah I liked the 01/02 version too - as someone has already pointed out, To Madiera 40 goals a season and would literally join any club!

It''s quite good to see how accurate the game is in terms of when you get to the 2010 season to see who is still around and who has progressed. It''s amazingly accurate - in terms of at that time Crouch was a nobody but on the game he nearly always get''s picked for England.

However there are some stinkers in there - Gifton Noel-Williams quite often gets amazingly good on it.

I havent played the game for a while now, I think if I started playing it the girlfriend would probably ask me to move out.

[quote user="Michael Starr"][quote]
Every year I consider upgrading, but I still play CM01/02... just the right level of being able to pick it up and play it, without it being too ludicrously easy. I think if I bought FM2011 I might end up disappearing from public life altogether... ;)
[/quote]

Ha! me too... we''re a dying breed. I still play CM01/02, although I did move on a little with FM2009 networking. Bit of an addict really. My friend and I are Gateshead and Bath in the prem lol. I find it a little too easy tbh, but then again, playing CM/FM since 1993 does that to ya !
[/quote]

I just got FM11 downloaded over the night, abandoned my Fm10 save after taking Blyth Spartans from the BSN to the Prem. Found the game somewhat dull as I went from bargin basment signings to 20m on one player over the course of 1 year when there was a board take over !

Just like real life the big money took the fun out for me :(

Decided to give FM11 a go , i normally buy a new FM every other year, first time I havent missed one since about CM93/94

I''ve played for less than an hour so far (Lectures this afternoon....on a break now :P) and i like the new layout of it all, taken an easy job to start with :P (Chelsea.....)

Shame on the SI devs !!Infact im going to make a big complaint.

They have relegated Gunny to "favoured personel" rather than Legends which some may argue is a good reflection of the club / fan feeling... Hucks, Eadie, Iwan and Dion are all legends (spot on ! )

Other Rivals : Leeds (see bellow ) and Charlton ( when , where , how , why ? )Derbies : Ipswich ( yup yup )Fierce Rivals : Ipswich ( yup )...... Colwho Village ( WTF !!! )

Im more inclined to see a fierve rivalry with Dirty Leeds and a mild one with Colwho...Bit disapointed by this to be honest ! Think i might make a complaint on the " Data" forums

i''ve recently celebrated a ''late-30 something'' birthday, so can i still qualify or justify buying this for myself?

or should i purchase it - erm..... to introduce my 8 year old to the world of football management?