Sign in to follow this  
ca

Norwich City v Burnley - Match thread

Team News

Ruddy; Russell Martin, Steven Smith, Barnett, Ward; Crofts, Lappin, Korey Smith, Hoolahan; Holt, Jackson.

Subs: Rudd, Askou, Gill, Fox, McNamee

CMON YOU YELLOWS [:)]

Yes and wish I was feeling better so could have been there too, hate missing home games and having to listen on the radio.

Lappin nearly scored as I type [:D]

Sounds a good game, equal possession and Gary Holt is on Radio Norfolk and says we''ve made a positive start.

[quote user="cityangel"]

Yes and wish I was feeling better so could have been there too, hate missing home games and having to listen on the radio.

Lappin nearly scored as I type [:D]

[/quote]

me too.. i had to give it a miss cos i can''t risk my dog being alone even for a minute during firework season and my mrs can''t handle the stress..oh bum we''ve gone a goal down as i type  [:(]

Why on earth are we not playing 442 at home when it worked so well against Middlesbrough? I can''t see the diamond working so well at home in this division against better wide players in the opposition team. Away from home, great tactic, try to unsettle a home team and give them something else to think about.

Come on lads, wake up! Ref doesnt sound like the best, but still, we need to start getting some good attacks going by the sounds of it, and not go quiet!

[quote user="Lincs CR"]Why on earth are we not playing 442 at home when it worked so well against Middlesbrough? I can''t see the diamond working so well at home in this division against better wide players in the opposition team. Away from home, great tactic, try to unsettle a home team and give them something else to think about.[/quote]

Maybe he''ll change the formation for the 2nd half ??

we''ve been playing above ourselves so far this season..couldn''t go on forever like that..the signs have been their even when we have won ..bristol city apart i haven''t felt comfortable during a match all season ..

how jolly good of us to give burnley a headstart - what with them having travelled so far to play us.

still, it could be worse - like sitting at home waiting for a washing machine man to turn up.........

Far to many passengers in this Norwich side , Grant Holt needs replacing asap , he is a lower league overweight lump totally out of his depth.

Really not looking forward to the Ipswich game now, I can already see it now, Norwich humiliated at home to their local rivals on TV in front of possibly millions [:(]

Burnley are heading for their first away win in seven months, similar to Hull. The Norwich charity is back in action.

We''ve been overachieving, so this little down turn is not unexpected.

We''re not going to go down, and we''re not going to go up. Our players are a mixture of League One and Championship, and we''ll finish mid table. That''s really all we can expect without spending some decent money.

[quote user="Notts Canary"]Really not looking forward to the Ipswich game now, I can already see it now, Norwich humiliated at home to their local rivals on TV in front of possibly millions [:(]
[/quote]

Its on TV so we will get beat anyway - it''s the Norwich trend

Would rather be playing them at Portman Road , Carrow Road must be the best ground to come to if you want 3 points , Palace ,Hull and now Burnley all with woeful away records win with ease . Hate to think what a good side would do to us .

[quote user="Ncfc"]Far to many passengers in this Norwich side , Grant Holt needs replacing asap , he is a lower league overweight lump totally out of his depth.[/quote]Rather not. One of the few players to have made any impact in yellow and green with some fantastic tackles and a few good crosses.It''s not a vintage performance, and one could say he''s not doing enough of what he should be doing, but i''ll be damned if the team around him is playing well enough to allow him to do so.

I understand that Pele that Hoolahan struggles to be as effective in a 442, but this diamond, especially at home is just far too predictable and easy to break down, all it takes is an away side with attacking intent and wingers. Home form has been hot and cold all season, the diamond evidently isn''t proving to be as effective at home than it is away.

More bad news. Stephen Smith off injured, with Lappin off the pitch its Russell Martin at left back, Korey at right back and David Fox the sub on in midfield.

What a mess...

let''s face it, we''re just about good enough to finish halfway up the table... You''re not a play off pusher when you can''t dominate your home games!