Sign in to follow this  
im spartacus canary

no wonder poster numbers are down

hello everyone i used to post as pennywise until my account got blitzed in the recent shake up.. don''t know why this was  i know i wasn''t in the inner circle but i didn''t deserve that ..  and creating another account was a nightmare .. it either said email address not on database or email address already in use incorrect password (which it wasn''t) and the forgot you password emails never arrived  so i had to create another email.i wasn''t a multiple account holder or anything .. i wonder how many other people this happened to who couldn''t be bothered to sort it ?  

i agree, i was known as lordyfan. Tried to log in, nope, reset password arrived, password not recognised!. I''ll stick to this moniker.Did anyone know these changes/''upgrades'' to the site were happening?, unless you were in the alleged inner circle

I''m not in the inner circle and thought I might be a goner too BUT I''m here! I feel so privileged...

Feeling your pain though.

Now off to the game...COME ON CITY!!!!

I''m not normally one to say "I told you so"..... but I told you so.  Lots of the amusing ''multiple user names'' gone with it too.... which I think is a bit of  a shame.Why you no risssen?    

I''m not an inner circle member as I haven''t been here for a lalalalalonglonglilonglong time but I''m still here now.

Davo

[quote user="im spartacus"]hello everyone i used to post as pennywise until my account got blitzed in the recent shake up.. don''t know why this was  i know i wasn''t in the inner circle but i didn''t deserve that ..  and creating another account was a nightmare .. it either said email address not on database or email address already in use incorrect password (which it wasn''t) and the forgot you password emails never arrived  so i had to create another email.i wasn''t a multiple account holder or anything .. i wonder how many other people this happened to who couldn''t be bothered to sort it ?  [/quote]

I didnt have any problems with my user name or password but sympathise with you. Best thing to do is email Pete and I''m sure he''ll look into it for you.

peter.raven@archant.co.uk

[quote user="Libbra Lives in Dubai"]no problems for me - bit sad if you have multiple usernames if you ask me...[/quote]

Some people have multiple names so they can strike up a conversation with themselfs, And not moan about each others Spelling and Grammer  lol

[quote user="pete_norw"]

[quote user="Libbra Lives in Dubai"]no problems for me - bit sad if you have multiple usernames if you ask me...[/quote]

Some people have multiple names so they can strike up a conversation with themselfs, And not moan about each others Spelling and Grammer  lol

[/quote]Mostly numbnuts trying to big up their own point..... and generally pretty transparent.I thought some of them are/were funny though... and over time I''m sure they''ll build back up again. However.... I fear Shyster''s very sexy Melanie is gone for good. Loved how some lame posters actually PM''ed her....... Classic.

[quote user="im spartacus"]hello everyone i used to post as pennywise until my account got blitzed in the recent shake up.. don''t know why this was  i know i wasn''t in the inner circle but i didn''t deserve that ..  and creating another account was a nightmare .. it either said email address not on database or email address already in use incorrect password (which it wasn''t) and the forgot you password emails never arrived  so i had to create another email.i wasn''t a multiple account holder or anything .. i wonder how many other people this happened to who couldn''t be bothered to sort it ?  [/quote]Exactly the same thing happened to me, but I emailed Pete and he sorted it out for me promptly.

[quote user="Cluckbert Chase"][quote user="pete_norw"]

[/quote]

Mostly numbnuts trying to big up their own point..... and generally pretty transparent.

I thought some of them are/were funny though... and over time I''m sure they''ll build back up again. However.... I fear Shyster''s very sexy Melanie is gone for good. Loved how some lame posters actually PM''ed her.......

Classic.
[/quote]

Thanks for the insight mello.

I had some problems too. I reset my password but the new password did not seem to work. However, since I opened my pinkun account I have changed my email address and the old one is no longer active. But despite having updated my email address with pinkun ages ago, what I found was that I still had to use my OLD email address in order to log in with the reset password. I don''t know if its possible to alter things so that you can log in with your updated email address as the username?

I had the same thing - I changed my email address and I asked Pete if it''s possible to log in with my new one but he said that short of signing up for a new account, it isn''t possible unfortunately.

Yep, been here a while now, though not posting as much these days...

I log in with an E Mail I haven''t used for years, and which doesn''t even exist anymore. Don''t fancy going back to "0" with a new user name. it shouldn''t matter of course, but hey...

Its a lively enough board, but lots of the old names and faces have long gone...

I can post on my phone and home computer, but not my works laptop - why?????????????

This new system is garbage.

I have more or less given up on this site as i mainly use my laptop.

It''s very bizarre. I''m wondering if it''s because they''ve introduced an EDP logon thing as well? Initially it refused to let me logon, claimed I didn''t exist. Then I searched for an old post I''d made, clicked my username and got prompted for a logon, at which point it let me back in......

Alot of times i''ve been unable to post (maybe a good thing fot you all!) but it hasn''t let me. Hence why i havnt been able to post in the pup''s thread for the last 2 weeks.