Sign in to follow this  
Lewie - Holt Our Saviour

Player ratins thread

Ruddy - 6.5 - Unlucky with there goal but was solid all game.S.Smith - 6.5 - Haven''t seen the best of him from me, he seems to be getting better but still hasn''t done anything to steal the position off Adam.Ward - 7 - Solid all game, some quality tackles &  distribution wasn''t bad either.Barnett 7.5 - Quality game for him as always, won 95% of his headers, also seems to be getting better up the other end!R.Martin  7 - As always a good performance for the player I thought would be dreadful this season.Crofts 7.5 - Quality game breaking up play and going forwards. Very unlucky to be sent off as I thought this first yellow was a good tackle, unsure about his second (Both were at the other end of the pitch).K.Smith 7 - Quality going forward today and did a good job at right back too?Lappin 6 - Not a good game for this guy, didn''t seem to get involved enough.Hoolahan 7.5 - Very good today with some nice tricks, did try and go abit over the top at times but hey, it''s hoolahan afterall.Holt 7.5 - Good game for the bloke upfront, my problem with him is that Jackson seems to win more headers than him? Corssing was a little iffy tonight.Jackson 7 - First touch seem pretty nice today, but didn''t seem to get into that many attacking positions.Subs:McNamee 8 - When he came on he seemed to be the only player that would shoot! Was quality when he came on, he''s finally using his pace and trickery we expected of him to actually get it past his opponent. Was VERY unlucky not to score.C.Martin 7.5 - Did very well when he came on, passing, heading, and a good goal! Got me on the edge of my seat when ever he came on the ball the box.Fox 7 - Was unlucky not to score a spectacular volley, passing was good!What worried me in the first half is that Barnett & Ward didn''t seem like they wanted to work together! Luckily they sorted it out second half.Man of the match: McNameeReally had some quality tonight and I found it hard to choose my motm.

Holt 7.5 ??He was lazy and scared of the ball, in the first half when going for a header he visibly was not even attempting to win the ball and dropped his head or body posture to ensure he went down rather than fight for the ball, apauling game from him.6 at bestSmith also a 6, really doesnt look comfortableLappin a 6, how he didnt get involved when most of the play involved him is beyond me, especially when he got in the position for our best chance in the first half ! He made one hideous pass to nobody , other than that didnt do much wrong. Before someoen says "but he was subbed" Give me another option for Lambert.... McNamee for who ??? Crofts........ ??? K. Smith ???..... Wes ????..... exactly !

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]Holt 7.5 ??He was lazy and scared of the ball, in the first half when going for a header he visibly was not even attempting to win the ball and dropped his head or body posture to ensure he went down rather than fight for the ball, apauling game from him.6 at bestSmith also a 6, really doesnt look comfortableLappin a 6, how he didnt get involved when most of the play involved him is beyond me, especially when he got in the position for our best chance in the first half ! He made one hideous pass to nobody , other than that didnt do much wrong. Before someoen says "but he was subbed" Give me another option for Lambert.... McNamee for who ??? Crofts........ ??? K. Smith ???..... Wes ????..... exactly ![/quote]If smith was so poor, why didn''t he sub him? Mcnamee can play RM and has in the past..?

Holt and Jackson given a 7?! Surprised you thought they both had a good game, cannot remember them having any efforts on goal!

[quote user="Largey"]Holt and Jackson given a 7?! Surprised you thought they both had a good game, cannot remember them having any efforts on goal![/quote]Admittedlythey didn''t have too many chances at goal, but why is that their fault? Surely it''s our midfielders for not setting them up?I thought their other work was very good (passing, heading, holding the ball up, pace etc..)

... they didHe looks out of his depth at the moment ! Saying that its good that he at least traveled with the ball a bit on his debut he got the ball to feet then froze like a rabbit in head lights.

(Im talking about Steven Smith btw not Korey )

A striker is judged on Goal''s scored or in some cases ( Heskey ) assists.Jackson and Holt just did not like up well today at all, Jackson wins about 20% of balls aimed at head because of his size and Holt wins about 20% because he seems pre-occupired with trying to win a free kick.I can not even fathom how you can give Holt a 7.5 Do you honestly think he played as well as Crofts and Barnett ??? Who both had storming games and to be honest I think the red card was the only thing that swung the vote to give Barnett MoM.

Sure the midfield have to supply the chances, but when they were supplied, Holt and Jackson found themselves offside. I understand the work Holt puts in on the pitch does not mean he has to score loads to deserve his spot in the starting line-up, but for someone who scored hatfuls last season, he has become very shot-shy. Another game where I cannot remember him having an effort on goal.

[quote user="Largey"]. I understand the work Holt puts in on the pitch does not mean he has to score loads to deserve his spot in the starting line-up, but for someone who scored hatfuls last season, he has become very shot-shy. Another game where I cannot remember him having an effort on goal.[/quote]

But goals win games and strikers are paid to score them ??