Sign in to follow this  
InLambertWeTrust!

Anthony McNamee

Yeh thought he looked great, especially when he pretty much school''d Fox at every oppertunity, one of the step over skinings made me almost feel bad for the Burnley guy !That said, still think hes a far better impact sub than game starter. Hes a match winner rather than a grind player.

He''s a frustrating one though isn''t he..

We could do with that throughout the whole 90mins to terrorise a team, but he doesn''t have the same effect throughout the 90!

Skinned Fox at every opportunity, Whipped in some good balls and hit the post. Not a bad 45 mins if you ask me!

Loved the way he terrorised Fox, pure egg on face. Skinned him everytime.

Thought he had his best game for us today, didn''t try a beat a man 5 times with fancy step overs still struggled to get any good delivery in for the first 10 mins of the second half. He then started just getting past his man and whipping balls in much better.

Is this the first time Wes and Him have been on the pitch together this season?  thought it worked well.

[quote user="The Great Drinkell"]

Thought he had his best game for us today

Is this the first time Wes and Him have been on the pitch together this season?

[/quote]

Helped that Burnley stranded Fox to basically one on one him each time.

Although I can see how this really helps us, if a team decide to Man Mark, or even put 2 guys covering Wes then we can unleash Macca. If they then turn to cover Macca they could unleash Wes.

Win Win. Could see this becoming a nasty little weapon in our arsenal to be fair :)

What I especially liked about him today was that he didn''t cut inside onto his left foot every single time and got to the byline a number of times and crossed with his right foot.  Shame he can''t do it for 90 minutes!

Maybe the secret is to bring him on after the first minute each game. I think he was helped today by Laws ridiculous change of tatics. Maybe I am being unfair here but I suggest that if Lambert today was the Burnley manager Burnley would have won quite comfortably, could not beleive they sat back and also failed to double up on McNamee.