Sign in to follow this  
First Wazzock

Wazzy's Ref Watch

Trevor Kettle

To start with I thought we were in for a good performance from the man in black, but following a corner to Burnley in the first half - where clearly no City player had got a touch I was starting to wonder. Mr Kettle generally gave all the right free kicks, offsides and play ons, but his inability to control the timewasting was the key point for me. He failed to caution at least 2 of the Burnley players for dissent - notably Alexander - in the second half for chasing him around the pitch to argue about decisions. He finally decided to caution one Burnley player for taking too long at a throw in but didn''t repeat the exercise near the snake pit when an eternity was taken to finally get the throw onto the pitch. Croft''s first caution I felt was OK but the second was iffy, some weeks the card comes out some it doesn''t. I thought it was scandalous that there was only 4 minutes of time to be added on at the end of the second half. Bearing in mind that 30 seconds should be added for each substitution (and we had 5 of them), to then only allow 90 seconds for what was blatant timewasting was shocking.

This failure to deal with the dissenting players who want to follow you around to argue about decisions and blatant timewasting really makes me angry. The failure of officials to produce yellow cards to stamp it out (and it will - wave a couple of yellow cards in their direction and it will soon make them realise you mean business) to me is the sign of weak refereeing.

Trevor Kettle 5 Needs to reassess his stance on dissent and timewasting.

Spot on as usual Wazzy. From my position I thought Crofty  showed his studs for the second yellow, so technically correct, but no allowance whatsoever for common sense, particularly given that the Burnley player made no fuss at all.

Shows how bias we are I reckon as I thought Burnley supporters in the end had more gripe than us. I think Crofts should have got a second yellow card for deliberate handball when he scored.

We will see tonight but I am led to beleive that Crofts second yellow was for dissent as he claimed the player dived making it a bit crazy that several Burnley players and our own Holt and Lappin were not also booked 

[quote user="First Wazzock"]

Trevor Kettle

To start with I thought we were in for a good performance from the man in black, but following a corner to Burnley in the first half - where clearly no City player had got a touch I was starting to wonder. Mr Kettle generally gave all the right free kicks, offsides and play ons, but his inability to control the timewasting was the key point for me. He failed to caution at least 2 of the Burnley players for dissent - notably Alexander - in the second half for chasing him around the pitch to argue about decisions. He finally decided to caution one Burnley player for taking too long at a throw in but didn''t repeat the exercise near the snake pit when an eternity was taken to finally get the throw onto the pitch. Croft''s first caution I felt was OK but the second was iffy, some weeks the card comes out some it doesn''t. I thought it was scandalous that there was only 4 minutes of time to be added on at the end of the second half. Bearing in mind that 30 seconds should be added for each substitution (and we had 5 of them), to then only allow 90 seconds for what was blatant timewasting was shocking.

This failure to deal with the dissenting players who want to follow you around to argue about decisions and blatant timewasting really makes me angry. The failure of officials to produce yellow cards to stamp it out (and it will - wave a couple of yellow cards in their direction and it will soon make them realise you mean business) to me is the sign of weak refereeing.

Trevor Kettle 5 Needs to reassess his stance on dissent and timewasting.

[/quote]

Completely agree on the timewasting issue. Takes over a minute to book a player for time wasting then doesn''t add any time on. 4 minutes is the standard particuarly when the full compliment of subs are used, so it had to be more today after the song and dance Kettle made of holding his watch and pretending to add on time.