Sign in to follow this  
Lambert is King

Lowest league gate of the season ?

Surprised to see how few tickets we have sold tomorrow, for what is in footballing terms our most important home game to date.

Tickets were cheap, kids tickets given away. Maybe we will sell loads on the day, but surprised with everything taken into account that we have not sold out for such a big game let alone got so many left.  

People are probably saving their hard earnt pennies for the Leeds/Ipswich games, or Christmas.

What grade rating is tomorrows match?

[quote user="Largey"]People are probably saving their hard earnt pennies for the Leeds/Ipswich games, or Christmas. What grade rating is tomorrows match?[/quote]

Grade B preety good value for a top six clash against a team that were in the premiershp last year. I know that prices were reduced further for FITC members ie kids free.

Cant see what the pull is for Leeds this is a far bigger game for the club, however it took a whle for Leeds to sell out just so many Leeds fans otherwise I suppose we would have struggled to sell out. Maybe we really do only have 24000 or so fans the rest depends on the size of the away support        

I think its the price as well.

But as someone else said at the begining of the season, MacNally did his homework on this and probably worked out that if they could get x amount of supporters through the gates with the price increase it would probably make the club more money.

I suspect the task of selling casual tickets for todays Burnley game has been made harder by the next 2 home games being 2 of the most interesting games of the season and their has been a clamour over the last couple weeks for Leedscum and Ips hit tickets. The average casual fan would rather prefer to see either of the Ipshit or Leedscum games at top notch rather than Burnley (who I think are one of the best sides in this League and probably will finish above both the S cum teams this season!) at lower prices.

I reckon they''ll still be close to 25,000 at todays Burnley game!

What you have to remember is that tickets still aren''t cheap for this game.....£28 for an adult.

I understand that it is because that Burnley supporting git, Alastair Campbell will be at the game....Scared a large majority of decent people off...

He''ll be sat next to our Delia for the game.....Maybe she can give him an occasional prod with a large hat-pin.....(or a javelin).

24,500 today not bad considering that Leeds/Ipswich and Xmas are coming up

[quote user="cityangel"]24,500 today not bad considering that Leeds/Ipswich and Xmas are coming up[/quote]

---

Certainly true that we have two big games coming up. Probably the two biggest. But we are now a third of the way through our home fixtures. Our average attendance is:

Our six-season (Jarrold Stand) average is:

Our average last season was:

---

So we are marginally up on the six-season average, and marginally down on last season when we were a division lower. What is striking is that our average this season is around 1,000 short of last season''s effective capacity, and 2,000 short of our new capacity. Not only that, but our highest single attendance - 25,410 - could have been accommodated in the old capacity.

No firm conclusions, but those figures do again raise the question of the need over a whole season (apart from for the next two games) for the 1,100 extra seats, given the club''s pricing policies.

[quote user="chicken"]I think its the price as well.

But as someone else said at the begining of the season, MacNally did his homework on this and probably worked out that if they could get x amount of supporters through the gates with the price increase it would probably make the club more money.[/quote]

The profit on the installation of new seats looks a little skinny How much did they cost- hardly any of them used todate

When we will get a return on this investment gtrat calculation Mr McNally

The next 2 homes games will see crowds of 26,400-26,500 crowds which will push the average up above last seasons average.

As much as I don''t agree with the casual prices, Mcnally from a finance point of view and trying to reduce our debt has suceeded cause we have made more from ticket sales so far than at the same point last season.

As for questioning whether the 1000 capacity increase was justified. Well the new seats will be filled at the next 2 home games and if we continue to challenge for a top 6 place till the end of the season I''m sure we''d have a few more 26,000+ attendances. 

Also the club has to slowly but surely look to get bigger when it can and increasing Carrow Roads capacity would be part of getting bigger.

I don''t think we''re ever really going to need more than 30,000 anyway. Even after 3 years in the Prem I doubt we''d pull more than that. Only problem is, which stand would you extend for 3000 extra seats?

Already decided - The City stand will have an upper tier built. This has been planned for a long time, going back to the days of Robert Chase.

From what I can make out from what club have said, only my calculations of course, I think the club could extend the Jarold stand round in front of the hotel which would probably add another 1500-2000 extra seats. The board said before the summers 1000 capacity increase that within the current stadium footprint (thats without building upper tiers) that another 2-3000 seats can be added to the capacity. After the summer this now leaves 1-2000. I''m sure that maybe an extra row could be squeezed in at the front of the Barclay lower tier and the journalists area in the City stand replaced by supporters seats (not going to happen I''d imagine) but its difficult to see where else extra seats could be put in within the current stadium footprint apart from obviously extending the Jarold stand in front of the Hotel.

An upper tier for the City stand could probably hold about 5000-6000 if the corners were done as well. Add another 1500-2000 for the Hotel corner including extra rows squeezed in elsewhere and the combined capacity increase would be 6500-8000, probably in the 6000''s. This would increase the useable capacity from 26550 to 33050-35050 a decent figure that we''d only probably fill for big games or the team doing well in the Premiership.

I''m sure that further capacity increases would be possible after this if the demand warranted it but that would be a long time into the future!