Sign in to follow this  
InLambertWeTrust!

Team for Toosdee?

RuddyLappin Barnett Ward MartinMcNamee Fox  Hoolahan Smith              Holt Martin

Got to start McNamee after his performance today- scintilating! I''d also start Martin as well because he looked very sharp when he came on.

[quote user="CT"]          RuddyLappin Barnett Ward MartinMcNamee Fox  Hoolahan Smith              Holt Martin

Got to start McNamee after his performance today- scintilating! I''d also start Martin as well because he looked very sharp when he came on.

[/quote]I think that if we start with that midfield away to Millwall, we run the risk of getting mullered in the centre of midfield. Trouble with starting McNamee is that it leaves us a little lopsided, a bit like that bizarre ''one winger'' formation that Glenn Roeder favoured. Remember what happened last time he changed a game from the bench? Lambert brought him into the starting XI away to Doncaster and we got seriously outplayed. I don''t think you can start with both McNamee and Hoolahan away from home without running the risk of being bullied out of the game in the engine room.IMO you need Lappin or possibly even Gill in there to give us more bite and defensive solidity. Lambert won''t have forgotten what happened at Donny. Would probably start Martin ahead of Jackson, then bring the pace of McNamee and Jackson off the bench later on when legs are tiring.

RuddyK.Smith   Barnett   Ward   R.Martin                   GillLappin               Fox      WesHolt    C.Martin

Like the poster above said I feel without Crofts we really need some bite which can be given by Gill or Fox or even both. Hold back McNamme and Jackson to have an injection of pace in the final part of the game.I would have said to leave Holt out in favour of a Jackson & Chrissy Martin partnership but think we need his physicallity vs MillwallI also feel quite strongly about Macca being a Impact player and match winner / changer as opposed to a grind player. Once a opponent manager or player has spotted his movement he can be easily marked out or foiled making him pretty much standard in that you will lose the qualities you desire in him before half time !

[quote user="CT"]          Ruddy
Lappin Barnett Ward Martin
McNamee Fox  Hoolahan Smith
              Holt Martin

[/quote]

I would probably start Lappin at LB and Martin at RB... Confused [8-)]

Can''t argue with that, unless Steven Smith Is fit and then Lapps will return to a diamond midfield.

[quote user="Captain Holts Controversial Jokes"]Chris Martin ffs, one shot, one good ball and a tap in that he nearly fucked up.[/quote]One more goal than Holt scored today !+ I wouldnt have cared if he had air balled it and it had bounced off his ass ! A goal is a goal and a point is a point !Martin is a class player and very nearly won us the game today !

I think the diamond has been worked out by other teams and I don''t think we can use it for much longer.  However against Millwall who came up with us from League 1 last season I think we can play to our strenghts and keep the diamond for one more game with a few like for like changes.

Rudd

R.Martin         Barnett      Ward      Lappin

Gill

K.Smith               Fox

Hoolahan

Jackson     C.Martin

This is the team that I would play if I was manager however I think Lambert will keep Ruddy in goal instead of bringing in Rudd and he will probably keep Holt in the team aswell.

As I have already said I think we can still use the diamond for this game but maybe for Reading away on Saturday we should go to 4-4-2.

[quote user="CT"]Got to start McNamee after his performance today- scintilating![/quote]We said that after the Barnsley game- and looked what happened at Doncaster. McNamee is a fantastic impact player when we need a goal, as the full back always backs off and the centre backs drop, leaving us on the front foot. But against fresh legs, away from home in a 4-4-2, I''m not sure if he is quite right for us.

[quote user="Boyo"]

I think the diamond has been worked out by other teams and I don''t think we can use it for much longer.  However against Millwall who came up with us from League 1 last season I think we can play to our strenghts and keep the diamond for one more game with a few like for like changes.

Rudd

R.Martin         Barnett      Ward      Lappin

Gill

K.Smith               Fox

Hoolahan

Jackson     C.Martin

This is the team that I would play if I was manager however I think Lambert will keep Ruddy in goal instead of bringing in Rudd and he will probably keep Holt in the team aswell.

As I have already said I think we can still use the diamond for this game but maybe for Reading away on Saturday we should go to 4-4-2.

[/quote]Looks like we are both favouring the Diamond and Gill at the base. Only questions I want to pose to you are :Lappin / K.Smith roles : I see Lappin better put to use in the midfield because Korey is a smaller player. A team like Mill wall will surely need to be bullied in midfield. Korey is tenacious but will he not lose out to more physical players ?I also agree Jackson for Holt, however again looking at the physical approach isnt it better to have dual bruisers in Holt and Martin  ?

[quote user="lappinitup"]Team for Toosdee?

That''s if you can get the tix?

Only sensible posts from now on...........

[:S]

[/quote][quote user="CT"]That was completely unnecessary.
[/quote]All your own words CT!

If you are embarrassed by them, why use them?

[^o)]

Anybody that believes Holt should start should seriously hang their head in shame, not good enough/lazy/overweight & effin'' useless but hey dont let those green & yella shades get in the way!!!!!

[quote user="Gazza"]Anybody that believes Holt should start should seriously hang their head in shame, not good enough/lazy/overweight & effin'' useless but hey dont let those green & yella shades get in the way!!!!![/quote]Hang my head in shame ?I think ive explained why I''d pick Holt for tuesday twice.

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"][quote user="Gazza"]Anybody that believes Holt should start should seriously hang their head in shame, not good enough/lazy/overweight & effin'' useless but hey dont let those green & yella shades get in the way!!!!![/quote]

Hang my head in shame ?
I think ive explained why I''d pick Holt for tuesday twice.
[/quote]

Well I for one think you should reconsider & insert your head firmly inside your rectum and look for a different option because this is the wrong option!

[quote user="Gazza"]Anybody that believes Holt should start should seriously hang their head in shame, not good enough/lazy/overweight & effin'' useless but hey dont let those green & yella shades get in the way!!!!![/quote]I don''t get the criticism of Holt being overweight. He clearly does weigh a bit more than most players of his height, but the vast majority of the excess is muscle- he is fucking solid. I also agree that he isn''t quite playing to his potential and wasn''t great today, but I still think he should be the first choice centre forward. Outside of the Premier League, I think you need to have a targetman (of which he is the only one in the squad) as unfortunately pretty much every side lumps the ball forward far too often, and at a place like Millwall, he comes in extra handy.

[quote user="Gazza"]

Well I for one think you should reconsider & insert your head firmly inside your rectum and look for a different option because this is the wrong option!

[/quote]*clap clap clap*Great arguement mate. You are one of the all time great debaters.I therefore conceed to your rapier like wit and agree that my arguement although limited is completely wrong under the default that you are so evidently correct !

I also find it rather ironic that you slate Holt so harshly regarding him being lazy and overweight......especially when you have picked the name " Gazza"

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"][quote user="Gazza"]

[/quote]

*clap clap clap*

Great arguement mate. You are one of the all time great debaters.

I therefore conceed to your rapier like wit and agree that my arguement although limited is completely wrong under the default that you are so evidently correct !

I also find it rather ironic that you slate Holt so harshly regarding him being lazy and overweight......
especially when you have picked the name " Gazza"
[/quote]

No debate to be had really, if you can truly not see this guy is not up to the job in hand I really cannot be bothered to list the reasons why  he should not be selected when it is there for one & all to see my friend!

As regards Gazza lazy & overweight are you seriously comparing Grant to one of the greatest talents to come out of this country in the last 20 years, jog on!

[quote user="Gazza"]

No debate to be had really, if you can truly not see this guy is not up to the job in hand I really cannot be bothered to list the reasons why  he should not be selected when it is there for one & all to see my friend!

As regards Gazza lazy & overweight are you seriously comparing Grant to one of the greatest talents to come out of this country in the last 20 years, jog on!

[/quote]Ok, as you are either stupid or lazy or illiterate or perhaps all 3 I will explain what I have already said. I will even dull it down for you as you seem to need help comprehending things.VS MILLWALL, Holt should play cos he is a lump.He will give more muscle to the team. So Holt and Martin over my personal choice of Martin and Jackson.Only becasuse Holt will add more fat and lardy ness to our squad.

For the record I did not compare Holt to Gazza. I said it was IRONIC ( google it ) that you choose to give reasons for Holt''s drop in form and these were a couple of things Gazza also suffered from in his otherwise spotless career.

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"][quote user="Gazza"]

[/quote]

Ok, as you are either stupid or lazy or illiterate or perhaps all 3 I will explain what I have already said. I will even dull it down for you as you seem to need help comprehending things.

VS MILLWALL, Holt should play cos he is a lump.
He will give more muscle to the team. So Holt and Martin over my personal choice of Martin and Jackson.
Only becasuse Holt will add more fat and lardy ness to our squad.

For the record I did not compare Holt to Gazza. I said it was IRONIC ( google it ) that you choose to give reasons for Holt''s drop in form and these were a couple of things Gazza also suffered from in his otherwise spotless career.
[/quote]

Stupid!, Grant Holt muscle?! from where I''m sitting it looks well and truly like lard!!, the only thing you got right is yes he is a LUMP a great LUMP OF TURD!

As I said on another post over two weeks ago listed below and today just quantifys that even more-

I think Holt is getting worse game by game!. No movement and even the lack of willingness to work is poor, twin that with his winning of virtually zero headers in two home games against struggling sides is simply not good enough!.

The only time he seems to get any exercise is when his gob is in full motion with the constant ranting/moaning at the officials & other team mates!

I also do not understand Lamberts infatuation with playing somebody that is currently out of his depth and in shoddy form to say the least!, his substitution of Jackson today was unbelievable because in the last 10 mins if anyone was going to score for us it was Simeon & his pace on the break.....

Jackson/Martin to start all the way for me unless the "wide ass" can sort himself out ;0) 

30 goals last season? Our captain? One of the only players in our squad capable of putting themselves about? Yes, definitely a big lump of turd. You mate, are an ignorant knob.

[quote user="Gazza"]Stupid!, Grant Holt muscle?! from where I''m sitting it looks well and truly like lard!!, the only thing you got right is yes he is a LUMP a great LUMP OF TURD!

As I said on another post over two weeks ago listed below and today just quantifys that even more-

I think Holt is getting worse game by game!. No movement and even the lack of willingness to work is poor, twin that with his winning of virtually zero headers in two home games against struggling sides is simply not good enough!.

The only time he seems to get any exercise is when his gob is in full motion with the constant ranting/moaning at the officials & other team mates!

I also do not understand Lamberts infatuation with playing somebody that is currently out of his depth and in shoddy form to say the least!, his substitution of Jackson today was unbelievable because in the last 10 mins if anyone was going to score for us it was Simeon & his pace on the break.....

Jackson/Martin to start all the way for me unless the "wide ass" can sort himself out ;0) 

[/quote]If you were not arguing your point like a 4 year old wanting a candy bar you might have noticed that in the greater picture of things I agree.Holt is un-accepatably bellow par at the moment.However I will stick to my guns and say he should start against Mill Wall alongside Chris Martin, because Jackson will just get bounced around like a pin ball.

[quote user="Gazza"]I also do not understand Lamberts infatuation with playing somebody that is currently out of his depth and in shoddy form to say the least!, his substitution of Jackson today was unbelievable because in the last 10 mins if anyone was going to score for us it was Simeon & his pace on the break.....[/quote]Out of his depth? Shoddy form? He is our top scorer, so that doesn''t say much for the rest of the forwards.Jackson ''on the break''? Burnley were sitting back and not even trying to attack, so where these breaks were going to come from, I don''t know.

I do wonder if Tuesday wouldn''t be the day to break out a more defensive formation given Millwall''s home record, which is rather good. We lost there last season remember.

Ruddy

RMartin Ward Barnett Lappin

Smith Gill Fox McNamee

Hoolahan

CMartin

That is assuming Smith or Drury are unavailable. If not I''d keep McNamee on the bench for Lappin in that spot.

Ruddy
Martin Barnett Ward Lappin
Crofts Smith
McNamee  Hoolahan Martin
Jackson

Play come football along the floor. [8-|]

Ruddy

R Martin   Barnett   Ward   Lappin  

Fox   Gill

McNamee   Hoolahan   Jackson  

Holt

Would never happen though.

[quote user="Brendo "]

Ruddy
Martin Barnett Ward Lappin
Crofts Smith
McNamee  Hoolahan Martin
Jackson

Play come football along the floor. [8-|]

[/quote]

Now I do like an attacking 4-2-3-1.    Would want the "3" to work hard defensively but would give us pace and numbers in midfield if they did..  why not give it a go - what have we got to lose?