Sign in to follow this  
GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

Lappin/McNamee....time to decide Lambert!!

I think we''ve now reached the crossroads with this particular debate. The first half today (vs Burnley) was a classic case of an away team working out how to play against our ''diamond'', only to be countered when McNamee was brought on....In my opinuon it''s now time to declare that the diamond should only be played away and McNamee at home. A defeat today would have equated to 4 home defeats out of seven...suely an admission that our home formation Isn''t working?Whilst we''ve only been defeated twice away from home playing this way.    Is it time for a more ''horses for courses approach'' from Lambert?

I agree with that but you limit the options.

McNamee seems better when he is brought on later in the game for some reason, not when he starts.

Stephen Hughes needs more attention.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

I think we''ve now reached the crossroads with this particular debate. The first half today (vs Burnley) was a classic case of an away team working out how to play against our ''diamond'', only to be countered when McNamee was brought on....In my opinuon it''s now time to declare that the diamond should only be played away and McNamee at home. A defeat today would have equated to 4 home defeats out of seven...suely an admission that our home formation Isn''t working?Whilst we''ve only been defeated twice away from home playing this way.    Is it time for a more ''horses for courses approach'' from Lambert?

[/quote]

Macca is ok from the bench when chasing a game but too often invisible when starting,  while Lappin does what he does - gives shape and consistency but is not able to to help when chasing a game.   Neither are good enough to look or be good enough week in week out. 

I think Lambert has decided - his choice is Surman as neither are consistent enough!