Sign in to follow this  
norfolkbroadslim

Ruddy Mistake again!

Just seen the goals, Ruddy definitely at fault for Burnley''s second.  Christ alive, how many mistakes can he make and how many points can he cost us before the management team realises that he''s costing us points?

Helllooooooo, wakey, wakey

[:@][:@][:@]

[quote user="CT"]So the static defence isnt to blame?

Still... its typical of the mongs on this board to only focus on Ruddy and not the defence as whole!

Twat....
[/quote]

So you don''t think he should have saved Burnley''s second?

Have a word, Patterson went through one on one and Ruddy made a good save, but it rebounded off him and creeped into the net. If he was at fault....then are you letting the defense off the blame?!

[quote user="Largey"]Have a word, Patterson went through one on one and Ruddy made a good save, but it rebounded off him and creeped into the net. If he was at fault....then are you letting the defense off the blame?![/quote]

No, it was shocking marking, you could have driven a challenger tank through the gap. 

The shot wasn''t great, it didn''t have much power in it and was very close to John.  IMHO he should have saved it.  Perhaps we have been spoilt over the years with decent keepers and mistakes in most games is what we should accept?[:^)]

Sorry can''t see that at all. A player goes through one on one against the keeper you can''t put it down as a keeper error when he doesn''t stop it.

Not biased against one of our players surely!

Wow the OP can''t be serious you cannot at all blame Ruddy for the goal the defending was awful. Obviously he is in the academy is best category and hates anyone keeping academy players out of the team.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

Just seen the goals, Ruddy definitely at fault for Burnley''s second.  Christ alive, how many mistakes can he make and how many points can he cost us before the management team realises that he''s costing us points?

Helllooooooo, wakey, wakey

[:@][:@][:@]

[/quote]Give over you mug.

Ruddy wasn''t at fault for either goal, although the free-kick in stoppage time after Crofts'' sending-off went right across the six-yard box and he just stood there flat-footed - if the Burnley player on the far post had scored, that would have cost us a point. Ruddy just doesn''t seem to have the mobility or decision-making skills to command the respect of his defenders... and Ward headed one right out of his hands in the first half too. It just seems to me that he isn''t decisive enough, doesn''t shout loud enough, or his defenders don''t trust his judgement calls... or a bit of all three. We should stick with him for now, but he really doesn''t fill me with confidence.

You people are unbeliveable!  Wake up and smell the coffee!

Ruddy should have saved it, therefore his fault.  We should get Rudd in, he would fill many with much more confidence.

I''ll tell you this, Ruddy ain''t no Fraser Forster.  And what was Forster doing today?[;)]

[quote user="Coelho"]Ruddy wasn''t at fault for either goal, although the free-kick in stoppage time after Crofts'' sending-off went right across the six-yard box and he just stood there flat-footed - if the Burnley player on the far post had scored, that would have cost us a point. Ruddy just doesn''t seem to have the mobility or decision-making skills to command the respect of his defenders... and Ward headed one right out of his hands in the first half too. It just seems to me that he isn''t decisive enough, doesn''t shout loud enough, or his defenders don''t trust his judgement calls... or a bit of all three. We should stick with him for now, but he really doesn''t fill me with confidence.
[/quote]

[Y]

So let me get this right you weren''t at the game but you still criticise our players?!

Oh and for the record Ruddy didn''t go for the free kick as R Martin called it and let it go out of play because if he would have got a touch on it it would have gone in. It was actually good decision making.

You people are unbeliveable!  Wake up and smell the coffee!

Ruddy should have saved it, therefore his fault.  We should get Rudd in, he would fill many with much more confidence.

I''ll tell you this, Ruddy ain''t no Fraser Forster.  And what was Forster doing today?[;)]

[/quote]So what about the two centre-halves who left Paterson clean through with ten yards either side of him? Nothing wrong with that, in your opinion?

[quote user="Crofts Number 1 Fan"]

So let me get this right you weren''t at the game but you still criticise our players?!

Oh and for the record Ruddy didn''t go for the free kick as R Martin called it and let it go out of play because if he would have got a touch on it it would have gone in. It was actually good decision making.

[/quote]There was a Burnley player free at the far post who actually got a toe-end on it, about three yards out, but thankfully the angle was too narrow and he barely got anything on it. The ball travelled across the box, about four yards out, with nobody near it, only Martin and the Burnley player at the far post. Ruddy should be claiming that every time, irrespective of what Martin called. If four yards out and dead centre isn''t the keeper''s territory, where is? Sorry, but any quality goalkeeper would have taken one step forward and plucked that ball out of the air. He is not a confident goalkeeper.

Perhaps not, but overall Rudd instills much more confidence. 

Forster would have made it look easy, he would have probably stopped it and picked it up calmly like a back pass.

Forster would have made it look easy, he would have probably stopped it and picked it up calmly like a back pass.

[/quote]FORSTER WAS IN LEAGUE ONERUDDY IS IN THE CHAMPIONSHIPIt''s no wonder Forster looked better LOL

[quote user="CT"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

[/quote]FORSTER WAS IN LEAGUE ONERUDDY IS IN THE CHAMPIONSHIPIt''s no wonder Forster looked better LOL[/quote]Forster looked better for one reason: he WAS better. Do you honestly think Ruddy is as good a goalkeeper as Fraser Forster?

I think he will prove to be if people just give him a damn chance!People are far too quick to criticise in my opinion. There are better strikers in this league than last year and I think Ruddy is doing fine.

[quote user="CT"]I think he will prove to be if people just give him a damn chance!People are far too quick to criticise in my opinion. There are better strikers in this league than last year and I think Ruddy is doing fine.[/quote]I think this post is spot on.

[quote user="the king"][quote user="CT"]I think he will prove to be if people just give him a damn chance!People are far too quick to criticise in my opinion. There are better strikers in this league than last year and I think Ruddy is doing fine.[/quote]I think this post is spot on.[/quote]It''s just an objective opinion based on what I''ve seen. I genuinely don''t think his defenders are confident in him, and I don''t think he''s confident in himself. Lambert bought him so he has to keep faith in him for now; I''m not saying he''s a liability like Theoklitos or anything, but you have to build from the back and I don''t see many signs that the mutual confidence between goalkeeper and defenders is improving.

Why was i expecting this...

Paterson has run clean through, Ruddy has pulled off a bloody good stop but has had an unlucky bounce.

What if it had happened to Rudd or Forster?

This thread wouldn''t exist!

What a ridiculous statement, and I actually thought Ruddy should have saved it, but it was in no way a mistake, he should have just done better.

In reality he was a tad unlucky, Ruddy had no business saving from point blank range a 1on1 from Paterson, but he nearly did. I thought he should have saved it, but i dont feel it was a mistake.

1st goal - good move, good finish by a good player

2nd goal - shocking space left between barnett/ward, ruddy got a hand on and it spilled in, not really an error

general - no confidence in him coming for any ball crossed in the 6 yard box, at times he appeared to be playing ''rush'' keeper too, jury still out

I sit right behind the goal and Ruddy almost pulled off a fantastic save, he didnt but you can hardly blame him.

Typical post from an armchair supporter

Let''s go the whole hog and blame him for both World Wars and the credit crunch. Has it occurred to some of the morons who can''t wait to stick the knife in that the groundswell of concern every time the ball goes near him isn''t going to do too much for the poor lad''s confidence?

He could be a really good keeper, but this hate campaign sickens me. I have nothing against Rudd, but unlike a section on here I don''t back my divine intuition to the extent of deciding that I''m "more confident with" a teenager who has played virtually no first team football.

[quote user="Beauseant"]

Let''s go the whole hog and blame him for both World Wars and the credit crunch. Has it occurred to some of the morons who can''t wait to stick the knife in that the groundswell of concern every time the ball goes near him isn''t going to do too much for the poor lad''s confidence?

He could be a really good keeper, but this hate campaign sickens me. I have nothing against Rudd, but unlike a section on here I don''t back my divine intuition to the extent of deciding that I''m "more confident with" a teenager who has played virtually no first team football.

[/quote]Sorry Beau, but I reserve the right to share my opinion that he is not confident or dominant enough in his decision-making. He got a great reception from the Barclay when we changed end prior to the kick-off, and I don''t hear him copping a great deal of stick during the games themselves. I''ll always support him when I''m watching the team play, but I still see him as a major weakness in our team, and I can only hope that he will improve with time. I think we were spoilt with Fraser last season, and that certainly hasn''t help to hide Ruddy''s inadequacies. With every position on the field, nobody should be guaranteed a starting place.