Sign in to follow this  
hucks@dh6.co.uk

Burnley match report on www.dh6.co.uk

Y''know, I think that is absolutely spot on. If I was to list the good and bad about today, it would probably be exactly the same, except I probably wouldn''t single Ward and Barnett out for praise. They weren''t bad- but probably don''t deserve any special credit.So yeah, I strongly agree.

[quote user="hucks"]no i said playing wes in middle of 4-4-2 didn''t work[/quote]I agree to an extent but before we even played at that formation it was faaar too open. Wes probably wasnt the right guy though.

Hucks - the reports are now an essential part of the post game. Game, pint, Canary Call (well...it makes me laugh), Hucks match report. Keep up the good work sir

Re Crofts, Hucks was completely right. He won the ball for the first card so how that was a booking is anyones guess (not even a foul in my book). Second one was probably a yellow but he shouldn''t have gone and we''re going to miss him!

Can anyone clarify whether he now has to miss two games or just the one?

I thought overall Holty again looked shot-shy, the midfield was overran like Hucks said, although I did think Hoolahan had a good game, he was too deep for me at times to assist in the attacks.

Fox looks like he knows how to play...I look forward to seeing how he gets on this Tuesday, should he start.

For Burnley, they really shot themselves in the foot by bringing Eagles on. He looked a class above anyone else on the pitch today, in an attacking sense.

[quote user="Adam_2010"]Good report per usual Hucks, think Crofts will miss 2 games. One for the suspension and the other for the red. We will miss him, will be interesting what Lambert does.[/quote]

He''ll only miss Millwall for the red card but will stay on 4 yellows so when he picks up his fifth will then miss the next game - according to Radio Norfolk. Lets hope he stays card free until after the Ipswich game.

Great report as usual Hucks.

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="Adam_2010"]Good report per usual Hucks, think Crofts will miss 2 games. One for the suspension and the other for the red. We will miss him, will be interesting what Lambert does.[/quote]

He''ll only miss Millwall for the red card but will stay on 4 yellows so when he picks up his fifth will then miss the next game - according to Radio Norfolk. Lets hope he stays card free until after the Ipswich game.

Great report as usual Hucks.

[/quote]Really CA?I was thinking/hoping that Crofts may miss the next two games instead of just the Millwall game on Tuesday night.  I don''t know if that is because that is how I thought the Football League done things, or whether I was just wishing that Corfts will be available for the Leeds and Ipswich games.We keep hearing of how we need another target man upfront, but I have been saying that I would like to see another midfielder in the squad who is a good ball winner for quite a while now.  I think the better quality midfields are finding us out at this level as we are giving them too much time on the ball and quality players will inevitably hurt you when you do this.  We like to play Wes as our creative outlet, so this often means that we need 3 players behind him who can put their foot in for me (especially when we play the diamond against the top sides).  For me we have looked too lightweight in quite a few games recently - giving the opposition''s midfield too much time on the ball.  I think that we are currently putting an awful lot of pressure on both Crofts and Korey to win the ball for us.Good report Hucks!

Lappin gets stuck in...but for me I think Fox may be another ball-winner you''re after Smudger.

Hucks I haven''t read your report yet but how long do I have to submit a question for Worthy?

Davo

McNamee starting will hinge on the fitness of Steven Smith, and whether Lappin has to drop back to left back, which will free up a space in midfield for Maca. Otherwise, I don''t see Lapps being displaced from the side just yet.

Davo, i''ve had to put back the Hucks meets Worthy a few weeks,he couldn''t fit me in before the 20th Nov, i could''ve done someone else but really want Worthy! so you can still get your questions in at www.dh6.co.uk, think it will be best Hucks meets yet!

Thanks Hucks I''m struggling with a good question to ask that hasn''t probably been submitted already.

Davo