Sign in to follow this  
Bovril

Leeds Fans - Credit where credit is due

Granted 90% of them are idiots and probably the least liked club in the land at the moment but they have sold over 6000 tickets for the coventry game this saturday and that''s the second time they have done that this season.

Our support is great especially considering our geographical position but you have to say there away support is unparallel.

Do you not think that if we were an hour away from the Ricoh and motorway all the way that we would not sell as many tickets?

to be fair, it atleast means coventry will have 600 decent people in their city for a change...

and yes it is easier for the leeds fans to get to places like coventry and barnsley but they sell out every week wherever they go.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Do you not think that if we were an hour away from the Ricoh and motorway all the way that we would not sell as many tickets?[/quote]In fairness Leeds do sell out every single away game.  Top 5 best away support in the country.

To be honest, they should be doing this. They live in a city of around 800 thousand people, and live near many teams in the league. We sold out at QPR and took a lot to Forest and Scunny. Their home support, however, is quite laughable sometimes!

[quote user="john_starks"][quote user="TIL 1010"]Do you not think that if we were an hour away from the Ricoh and motorway all the way that we would not sell as many tickets?[/quote]
In fairness Leeds do sell out every single away game.  Top 5 best away support in the country.
[/quote]

Not really an answer to what i posted JS is it? Not disputing the numbers but the fact that locate Carrow Road at Elland Road (Heaven forbid) and i suspect we would achieve the same numbers away from home.

I have to agree, they have superb away support. They always travel in numbers, and make a lot of noise to boot.

Got to admire them for that, despite their behaviour.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="john_starks"][quote user="TIL 1010"]Do you not think that if we were an hour away from the Ricoh and motorway all the way that we would not sell as many tickets?[/quote]
In fairness Leeds do sell out every single away game.  Top 5 best away support in the country.
[/quote]

Not really an answer to what i posted JS is it? Not disputing the numbers but the fact that locate Carrow Road at Elland Road (Heaven forbid) and i suspect we would achieve the same numbers away from home.

[/quote]

I think your argument is overly simplistic, Til. In my opinion our attendences home and away would be lower if we were located in say, Yorkshire.

A large part of what makes our fanbase large and loyal is surely our geographical location and the degree to which the city and football club are central to the county of Norfolk. This would not be the same if we were somewhere else.

What then would distinguish us from clubs like coventry, Bradford, burnley, Blackburn, Preston etc? I guess it comes down to whethe you think our attendences are what they are despite our location or because of it? For me it''s unequivocally the latter.

So is there any reason for the top tiers at Elland road to be always empty?, Come to mention it most of the clubs have empty stadiums, and I believe we give to many seats to away fans,  

I DONT GIVE A F@@@!!I couldnt care less about anything to do with Leeds or there dirty scum fans. Norwich City is the greatest club in the world and we have the best fans.

[quote user="Bovril"]Granted 90% of them are idiots and probably the least liked club in the land at the moment but they have sold over 6000 tickets for the coventry game this saturday and that''s the second time they have done that this season. Our support is great especially considering our geographical position but you have to say there away support is unparallel.[/quote]

Did you pluck this figure from mid-air or is it based upon some scientific study or other?

Leeds do have a larger than normal amount of morons who follow them, as do Millwall and it must be something to do with the Yorkshire air thereabouts or the history of the East End of London.

Having briefly lived in Leeds, I can assure you that the overwhelming majority of their fans are not idiots, although I would stop short of saying that this might be 90% as I  do not have access to the statistical evidence that you seem privilege to.

In sum, Leeds is a more than decent place as are the majority of the down-to-earth people who live there.

Stereo-typing is naff. Us Norwich supporters are labelled "in-breds" because we are supposedly country people.  Is his a fact?

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Do you not think that if we were an hour away from the Ricoh and motorway all the way that we would not sell as many tickets?[/quote]Absolute bs. You honestly think that if we were midtable that we would take 6000 fans to a team that is 95 miles away, and with no historic rivalry between the 2 clubs? You''re living in dreamland, i''m not even sure if we would take 6000 to ipswich if we were midtable. There was 5000 applications for Charlton away last season, this was a match in which we could have been promoted, and there wasn''t even demand for 6000 tickets.

the 90% was a clear exaggeration, not based on any ''research'' (I thought this would be pretty obvious), of course not 9 out of 10 are idiots...I was just using it as a phrase as they are clearly bring the biggest amount of trouble around the country atm, mainly due to the sheer size of the crowds. I know many decent leeds fans, but the reason for the post was the away support they receive.

[quote user="Bovril"]Granted 90% of them are idiots and probably the least liked club in the land at the moment but they have sold over 6000 tickets for the coventry game this saturday and that''s the second time they have done that this season. Our support is great especially considering our geographical position but you have to say there away support is unparallel.[/quote]

6000 arseholes in my opinion!, dirty scum.........

[quote user="Gazza"]6000 arseholes in my opinion!, dirty scum.........[/quote]I take it you and smudger will be manning the cannon on foundry bridge again to keep them out of the Nelson Gazza? [:^)]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Gazza"]6000 arseholes in my opinion!, dirty scum.........[/quote]I take it you and smudger will be manning the cannon on foundry bridge again to keep them out of the Nelson Gazza? [:^)][/quote]

As long as u & Highland Lass our in the trenches with us?!?!

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Gazza"]6000 arseholes in my opinion!, dirty scum.........[/quote]I take it you and smudger will be manning the cannon on foundry bridge again to keep them out of the Nelson Gazza? [:^)][/quote]mmm not me Lapp... I''m a good boy these days... have to take care of my legs to raise all that money for charity the following week.I''m going to be tucked up safe and sound in Carra when it all kicks off - fingers crossed.You can feel free to donate any time you know??? [;)]

[quote user="Huckerbys Boots - Matt"]I DONT GIVE A F@@@!!I couldnt care less about anything to do with Leeds or there dirty scum fans. Norwich City is the greatest club in the world and we have the best fans.[/quote]Then one must wonder why you have come into a thread entitled "Leeds Fans - Credit where credit is due".

[quote user="john_starks"][quote user="Huckerbys Boots - Matt"]I DONT GIVE A F@@@!!I couldnt care less about anything to do with Leeds or there dirty scum fans. Norwich City is the greatest club in the world and we have the best fans.[/quote]Then one must wonder why you have come into a thread entitled "Leeds Fans - Credit where credit is due".[/quote]

Because this is vehicle for expressing ones opinion, and my opinion is that I couldn''t give 50 $hits about Leeds fans.

I completely understand why people have this pre determined view of Leeds fans being mentalists, it stems back a long time, hell, I''ve seen it first hand. But with every club comes the fan that lets the club down, I''m sure Norwich have a few nutters here and there, but with Leeds it''s always the reputation that precedes us.A fan suddenly see that we''ve solt out our allocation of 6000 tickets for a paticular fixture and think "sh#t, here we go again", would it matter if it was 6000 OAPs who bought them or 6000 Chinese tourists?? Course not, the reputation will always  precede the club, not the fans who support it.  Just remember that there are families that attend away games and not just crazy men...and probably a few OAPs and Chinese tourists.[;)]Thanks to the OP and those who credited the Leeds away collective. [:)]Looking forward to the match!

Point is tho that it does not stem back a long time, im referring to the home match last season when i witnessed a plethora of Leeds fans in different areas and at different times and every single one was pure scum.

Hurling abuse at little kids and old dears and trying to start a fight with everyone, attempting to intimidate people, spitting at people, absolutely disgusting the lot of them. The atmosphere that day before the game was appalling, I am excited before every game but the Leeds fans completely spoiled it. I saw about 4 different groups of Leeds fans and every time they were just thugs, abusive and attempting to start fights.

Grow up, Matt. What a stupid comment.

Such sweeping generalisations just make you seem silly, and can be made against pretty much any club, if judged by the wrong game. No doubt there''s a number of Leicester fans who think we''re all thugs and scum, but we all know it''s not true and it''s actually just a tiny minority who are stuck in the 70s.

Personally i saw very little trouble at the Leeds game last season, and met a number of their fans who were extremely well behaved, a credit to their club, and a good laugh, to boot.

ANY club taking 6,000 fans to ANY away game is impressive, simple as that. The fact that Leeds manage to do it or something similar, quite regularly should be applauded. Put your bias to the side and admit it, geez.

''''This thread has incensed me actually, the OP should f@@@ off to Elland Road if he likes Leeds fans so much.''''

Oh dear