Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Fry has quit twitter!

I''m still wondering why you''re so angry with Stephen Fry, Wiz. Any thoughts on this? What did you think of his article to explain the recent hoo-ha? I thought it was rather well-worded and explained his position on the debate, and on quitting twitter.I''m still struggling to find what a brilliant comedy actor (a career which imo will be revisited for decades to come), a writer of fantastic books, a staunch defender of English-ness and a director/fan of your football team has ever done to upset you?If you can lay off the angry pills or from trying to twist something I''ve said into something it''s not, I''d be genuinely interested to hear what he''s done that''s got your back up so much.

[quote user="In Dubious Battle "][quote user="Cluckbert Chase"][quote user="In Dubious Battle "]Yes I will defend Stephen Fry. He is a person I respect immensely and somebody that has a hell of a lot of integrity. He is also a city fan and is for no personal gain offering his time to help our club. I have yet to come across a convincing argument against him. All I have heard is that he broke the law in his youth (I would wager a fair few of us have done that, though not all of us caught) and also that through comments he made on a social networking site that were not even related to Norwich City FC he has made our club a laughing stock across the whole country. And still nobody can offer me an explanation for why it matters in the slightest what other people think about our club. Thats what I think about the matter anyway, don''t know why that makes me naive, perhaps you could expand upon the nature of my naivety. [/quote]Some of the naivety comes from the comments made being totally transparent.  It was very evident that you were a Stephen Fry luvvie.... because such a vitriolic outburst over something so trivial could only come about this way.If you dance in the limelight you must expect to be criticised.... and even I am not beyond that.[/quote]I like to hope that I am objective and despite my admiration for Mr Fry would criticise him if it were warranted. In this case I did not deem it warranted. Criticism when at its best is constructive and informed, at its worst it is merely insults, you practice the latter.

[/quote]Get over yourself for heavens sake......When there is little else going on on the board a little bit of argy bargy livens things up. I''m sorry to say.... that left to the likes of you this place would be a ghost town and the height of the conversation players'' hair styles  and who you would like to share a shower with.....Looking through the threads... I am posting on three or four. Quite frankly.... if you can''t hack a bit of banter, stick to the safety zone. There is a fair selection of dullards on here you could have a conversation with... but then you might even be a bit too dull even for that.It''s a football forum where men are likely to be men.... not a la de da operatic society which I fear you would be rather more suited. So get a grip and stop being such a bloody patsy.

[quote user="Cluckbert Chase"][quote user="In Dubious Battle "][quote user="Cluckbert Chase"][quote user="In Dubious Battle "]Yes I will defend Stephen Fry. He is a person I respect immensely and somebody that has a hell of a lot of integrity. He is also a city fan and is for no personal gain offering his time to help our club. I have yet to come across a convincing argument against him. All I have heard is that he broke the law in his youth (I would wager a fair few of us have done that, though not all of us caught) and also that through comments he made on a social networking site that were not even related to Norwich City FC he has made our club a laughing stock across the whole country. And still nobody can offer me an explanation for why it matters in the slightest what other people think about our club. Thats what I think about the matter anyway, don''t know why that makes me naive, perhaps you could expand upon the nature of my naivety. [/quote]Some of the naivety comes from the comments made being totally transparent.  It was very evident that you were a Stephen Fry luvvie.... because such a vitriolic outburst over something so trivial could only come about this way.If you dance in the limelight you must expect to be criticised.... and even I am not beyond that.[/quote]I like to hope that I am objective and despite my admiration for Mr Fry would criticise him if it were warranted. In this case I did not deem it warranted. Criticism when at its best is constructive and informed, at its worst it is merely insults, you practice the latter.

[/quote]Get over yourself for heavens sake......When there is little else going on on the board a little bit of argy bargy livens things up. I''m sorry to say.... that left to the likes of you this place would be a ghost town and the height of the conversation players'' hair styles  and who you would like to share a shower with.....Looking through the threads... I am posting on three or four. Quite frankly.... if you can''t hack a bit of banter, stick to the safety zone. There is a fair selection of dullards on here you could have a conversation with... but then you might even be a bit too dull even for that.It''s a football forum where men are likely to be men.... not a la de da operatic society which I fear you would be rather more suited. So get a grip and stop being such a bloody patsy.[/quote]I have no problem with a bit of banter. The thing that annoys me about some posters on here is that you ask them a question relating to their post and if its inconvenient to their general viewpoint or difficult to answer they will just pretend they haven''t seen it and resort to insults. That isn''t banter that is being too thick to back your own argument up you stupid toss*r. An example, I still have yet to get an answer as to why it matters what other fans think of our club & other posters have asked just why all the vitriol towards Mr Fry. If you just want a bit of banter fine, but don''t engage yourself in a debate then back out when your position becomes untenable.

[quote user="In Dubious Battle "][quote user="Cluckbert Chase"][quote user="In Dubious Battle "][quote user="Cluckbert Chase"][quote user="In Dubious Battle "]Yes I will defend Stephen Fry. He is a person I respect immensely and somebody that has a hell of a lot of integrity. He is also a city fan and is for no personal gain offering his time to help our club. I have yet to come across a convincing argument against him. All I have heard is that he broke the law in his youth (I would wager a fair few of us have done that, though not all of us caught) and also that through comments he made on a social networking site that were not even related to Norwich City FC he has made our club a laughing stock across the whole country. And still nobody can offer me an explanation for why it matters in the slightest what other people think about our club. Thats what I think about the matter anyway, don''t know why that makes me naive, perhaps you could expand upon the nature of my naivety. [/quote]Some of the naivety comes from the comments made being totally transparent.  It was very evident that you were a Stephen Fry luvvie.... because such a vitriolic outburst over something so trivial could only come about this way.If you dance in the limelight you must expect to be criticised.... and even I am not beyond that.[/quote]I like to hope that I am objective and despite my admiration for Mr Fry would criticise him if it were warranted. In this case I did not deem it warranted. Criticism when at its best is constructive and informed, at its worst it is merely insults, you practice the latter.

[/quote]Get over yourself for heavens sake......When there is little else going on on the board a little bit of argy bargy livens things up. I''m sorry to say.... that left to the likes of you this place would be a ghost town and the height of the conversation players'' hair styles  and who you would like to share a shower with.....Looking through the threads... I am posting on three or four. Quite frankly.... if you can''t hack a bit of banter, stick to the safety zone. There is a fair selection of dullards on here you could have a conversation with... but then you might even be a bit too dull even for that.It''s a football forum where men are likely to be men.... not a la de da operatic society which I fear you would be rather more suited. So get a grip and stop being such a bloody patsy.[/quote]I have no problem with a bit of banter. The thing that annoys me about some posters on here is that you ask them a question relating to their post and if its inconvenient to their general viewpoint or difficult to answer they will just pretend they haven''t seen it and resort to insults. That isn''t banter that is being too thick to back your own argument up you stupid toss*r. An example, I still have yet to get an answer as to why it matters what other fans think of our club & other posters have asked just why all the vitriol towards Mr Fry. If you just want a bit of banter fine, but don''t engage yourself in a debate then back out when your position becomes untenable. [/quote]You won''t get that level of debate on here.  Wrong place.... wrong sort of posters.  I''ve been on here 4 years and it''s always been the same.... strongly differing views and cast in stone standpoints. Questions are rarely answered.... that''s how it is.The banter is what keeps it alive.... and anyone or anything NCFC is fair game. Nothing slanderous has been said about Stephen Fry.... nothing homophobic other than what you might hear on his own show. It''s all about perception.... and if you want culture this really is the wrong place to come.Despite what is said... Pete keeps a close eye on what is said. Threads are merged, posts deleted and illegal links removed. The light touch he allows makes it among the most vibrant message boards around.... and like I''ve already said, if you can''t handle it..... don''t go there.Stephen Fry has entered the NCFC firing line following a Delia Smith ''shoe in''. You like it.... I don''t. So who is wrong? With such polarised opinion there really is nothing to debate.

[quote user="Cluckbert Chase"][quote user="In Dubious Battle "][quote user="Cluckbert Chase"][quote user="In Dubious Battle "][quote user="Cluckbert Chase"][quote user="In Dubious Battle "]Yes I will defend Stephen Fry. He is a person I respect immensely and somebody that has a hell of a lot of integrity. He is also a city fan and is for no personal gain offering his time to help our club. I have yet to come across a convincing argument against him. All I have heard is that he broke the law in his youth (I would wager a fair few of us have done that, though not all of us caught) and also that through comments he made on a social networking site that were not even related to Norwich City FC he has made our club a laughing stock across the whole country. And still nobody can offer me an explanation for why it matters in the slightest what other people think about our club. Thats what I think about the matter anyway, don''t know why that makes me naive, perhaps you could expand upon the nature of my naivety. [/quote]Some of the naivety comes from the comments made being totally transparent.  It was very evident that you were a Stephen Fry luvvie.... because such a vitriolic outburst over something so trivial could only come about this way.If you dance in the limelight you must expect to be criticised.... and even I am not beyond that.[/quote]I like to hope that I am objective and despite my admiration for Mr Fry would criticise him if it were warranted. In this case I did not deem it warranted. Criticism when at its best is constructive and informed, at its worst it is merely insults, you practice the latter.

[/quote]Get over yourself for heavens sake......When there is little else going on on the board a little bit of argy bargy livens things up. I''m sorry to say.... that left to the likes of you this place would be a ghost town and the height of the conversation players'' hair styles  and who you would like to share a shower with.....Looking through the threads... I am posting on three or four. Quite frankly.... if you can''t hack a bit of banter, stick to the safety zone. There is a fair selection of dullards on here you could have a conversation with... but then you might even be a bit too dull even for that.It''s a football forum where men are likely to be men.... not a la de da operatic society which I fear you would be rather more suited. So get a grip and stop being such a bloody patsy.[/quote]I have no problem with a bit of banter. The thing that annoys me about some posters on here is that you ask them a question relating to their post and if its inconvenient to their general viewpoint or difficult to answer they will just pretend they haven''t seen it and resort to insults. That isn''t banter that is being too thick to back your own argument up you stupid toss*r. An example, I still have yet to get an answer as to why it matters what other fans think of our club & other posters have asked just why all the vitriol towards Mr Fry. If you just want a bit of banter fine, but don''t engage yourself in a debate then back out when your position becomes untenable. [/quote]You won''t get that level of debate on here.  Wrong place.... wrong sort of posters.  I''ve been on here 4 years and it''s always been the same.... strongly differing views and cast in stone standpoints. Questions are rarely answered.... that''s how it is.The banter is what keeps it alive.... and anyone or anything NCFC is fair game. Nothing slanderous has been said about Stephen Fry.... nothing homophobic other than what you might hear on his own show. It''s all about perception.... and if you want culture this really is the wrong place to come.Despite what is said... Pete keeps a close eye on what is said. Threads are merged, posts deleted and illegal links removed. The light touch he allows makes it among the most vibrant message boards around.... and like I''ve already said, if you can''t handle it..... don''t go there.Stephen Fry has entered the NCFC firing line following a Delia Smith ''shoe in''. You like it.... I don''t. So who is wrong? With such polarised opinion there really is nothing to debate.[/quote]It still seems to me that if people do have these set in stone opinions that is even more reason they should be able to back them up. Otherwise their views have just been formed in ignorance. Like I said I don''t mind the banter, and I happen to agree that compared to many this is indeed a vibrant message board, however I do believe there is room for well thought out and well constructed posts and I think there are plenty of people that contribute these (not claiming to be one of them for a second). The thing is I don''t have set in stone opinions on everything and am open to having my mind changed about Stephen Fry''s appointment being a good thing, but thats never going to happen if the only arguments are that he has embarrassed the club because of unrelated comments about sexuality and he is one of Delia''s luvvies, there needs to be more than that.

[quote user="In Dubious Battle "][quote user="Cluckbert Chase"][quote user="In Dubious Battle "][quote user="Cluckbert Chase"][quote user="In Dubious Battle "][quote user="Cluckbert Chase"][quote user="In Dubious Battle "]Yes I will defend Stephen Fry. He is a person I respect immensely and somebody that has a hell of a lot of integrity. He is also a city fan and is for no personal gain offering his time to help our club. I have yet to come across a convincing argument against him. All I have heard is that he broke the law in his youth (I would wager a fair few of us have done that, though not all of us caught) and also that through comments he made on a social networking site that were not even related to Norwich City FC he has made our club a laughing stock across the whole country. And still nobody can offer me an explanation for why it matters in the slightest what other people think about our club. Thats what I think about the matter anyway, don''t know why that makes me naive, perhaps you could expand upon the nature of my naivety. [/quote]Some of the naivety comes from the comments made being totally transparent.  It was very evident that you were a Stephen Fry luvvie.... because such a vitriolic outburst over something so trivial could only come about this way.If you dance in the limelight you must expect to be criticised.... and even I am not beyond that.[/quote]I like to hope that I am objective and despite my admiration for Mr Fry would criticise him if it were warranted. In this case I did not deem it warranted. Criticism when at its best is constructive and informed, at its worst it is merely insults, you practice the latter.

[/quote]Get over yourself for heavens sake......When there is little else going on on the board a little bit of argy bargy livens things up. I''m sorry to say.... that left to the likes of you this place would be a ghost town and the height of the conversation players'' hair styles  and who you would like to share a shower with.....Looking through the threads... I am posting on three or four. Quite frankly.... if you can''t hack a bit of banter, stick to the safety zone. There is a fair selection of dullards on here you could have a conversation with... but then you might even be a bit too dull even for that.It''s a football forum where men are likely to be men.... not a la de da operatic society which I fear you would be rather more suited. So get a grip and stop being such a bloody patsy.[/quote]I have no problem with a bit of banter. The thing that annoys me about some posters on here is that you ask them a question relating to their post and if its inconvenient to their general viewpoint or difficult to answer they will just pretend they haven''t seen it and resort to insults. That isn''t banter that is being too thick to back your own argument up you stupid toss*r. An example, I still have yet to get an answer as to why it matters what other fans think of our club & other posters have asked just why all the vitriol towards Mr Fry. If you just want a bit of banter fine, but don''t engage yourself in a debate then back out when your position becomes untenable. [/quote]You won''t get that level of debate on here.  Wrong place.... wrong sort of posters.  I''ve been on here 4 years and it''s always been the same.... strongly differing views and cast in stone standpoints. Questions are rarely answered.... that''s how it is.The banter is what keeps it alive.... and anyone or anything NCFC is fair game. Nothing slanderous has been said about Stephen Fry.... nothing homophobic other than what you might hear on his own show. It''s all about perception.... and if you want culture this really is the wrong place to come.Despite what is said... Pete keeps a close eye on what is said. Threads are merged, posts deleted and illegal links removed. The light touch he allows makes it among the most vibrant message boards around.... and like I''ve already said, if you can''t handle it..... don''t go there.Stephen Fry has entered the NCFC firing line following a Delia Smith ''shoe in''. You like it.... I don''t. So who is wrong? With such polarised opinion there really is nothing to debate.[/quote]It still seems to me that if people do have these set in stone opinions that is even more reason they should be able to back them up. Otherwise their views have just been formed in ignorance. Like I said I don''t mind the banter, and I happen to agree that compared to many this is indeed a vibrant message board, however I do believe there is room for well thought out and well constructed posts and I think there are plenty of people that contribute these (not claiming to be one of them for a second). The thing is I don''t have set in stone opinions on everything and am open to having my mind changed about Stephen Fry''s appointment being a good thing, but thats never going to happen if the only arguments are that he has embarrassed the club because of unrelated comments about sexuality and he is one of Delia''s luvvies, there needs to be more than that. [/quote]You''re an educated person.... and maybe you''re used to something rather different, but life really is way too short to linger on who said what and why on a messageboard. It''s gone in a moment.Contrary to what you may think, I actually like Stephen Fry''s work.... and did so long before he became mainstream. Also I have no personal issue with Delia Smith either...and fondly remember her first TV appearances on local television dressed in a gingham shirt... looking very sweet. However....to the ''dyed in the wool'' football fan''s club is sacrosanct....and so woe betide anyone who messes with it. That''s all that''s happened..... and some of us will never roll over.

I have been having this er ...''conversation'' on another site and as of yet, no one has been able to answer this question.....just what does Fry bring to the table ? What does he give extra to justify a place on our clubs board?

This has nothing to do with Fry the man, the comedian or his sexuality. It has everything to do with our club.

If we go through the board members, a case can be put for each member of that board to have a place (Some might struggle with S&J!) but, rather than just writting insults about each other because your arguement is failing, lets have some facts.

Why was Fry appointed? Why can he offer for that ''priceless'' appointment?

I was told,by another poster of both boards, that this thread was ''disgusting'' and ''homophobic''. well I have just read right the way through this and , quite honestly, other than the usual rubbish thrown at wiz, there is nothing in this thread that I would stop my 11 year old reading!!!

So if there is anyone on here that can answer these simple questions, I would happily change my opinion of Fry''s appointment. But I honestly think putting Wiz or Cluck on the board would be just as or more beneficial that the Fry appointment

[quote user="mtv"]I have been having this er ...''conversation'' on another site and as of yet, no one has been able to answer this question.....just what does Fry bring to the table ? What does he give extra to justify a place on our clubs board?

This has nothing to do with Fry the man, the comedian or his sexuality. It has everything to do with our club.

If we go through the board members, a case can be put for each member of that board to have a place (Some might struggle with S&J!) but, rather than just writting insults about each other because your arguement is failing, lets have some facts.

Why was Fry appointed? Why can he offer for that ''priceless'' appointment?

I was told,by another poster of both boards, that this thread was ''disgusting'' and ''homophobic''. well I have just read right the way through this and , quite honestly, other than the usual rubbish thrown at wiz, there is nothing in this thread that I would stop my 11 year old reading!!!

So if there is anyone on here that can answer these simple questions, I would happily change my opinion of Fry''s appointment. But I honestly think putting Wiz or Cluck on the board would be just as or more beneficial that the Fry appointment[/quote]It''s purely ''the club'' which is the issue for.Unfortunately everyone has a strong opinion one way or the other.... and it''s like trying argue that red is better than blue. It''s purely a matter of opinion that none of us can answer on here.Hence why we end up talking about bottoms and credit card fraud............

When questioned at the NCISA AGM about Frys'' appointment McNally said (this is not a direct verbatim quote) he was brought in for his many contacts and following on twitter as the club wanted to spread the NCFC gospel via social networking.

If that is the case then no doubt he will achieve that aim for them.

What it will bring in "hard cash" is difficult to estimate. Anything from a few extra shirts to a wealthy Arab, who knows.

Certainly not his own cash input, as far as we are told he has bought 300 shares.

If, as we are told on this notice board, that the club is run by McNally without hindrance,then his input on any major decisions will be nigh on nil.

If they get him to waddle onto Carrow Road with his scarf wrapped roung his neck like Rupert the Bear and his adoring public stand and clap, what harm has it done. (I leave that to everyones own opinion)

I think what ever damage was going to be done (if any) by "celebrity faux pas" has already been achieved.

But , unfortuanetly, you have fallen into the same trap! " What harm will it do" That is not the question nor an answer.

1) He will bring in ''fans''via his twitter acount?

really? Honestly does anyone believe that? So far all he''s done has stropped off when it got to hot for him.

2) Has rich contacts? Oh so with him adamant that he is putting nothing into the club, what sort of confidence is he going to inspire in potential investors? not much I am sure!

So back to the question! I dont give a rats backside that he does no harm! I want leaders on our board. I want inivators on our board, I want investors on our board!

If the criteria is..You have to be a fan. you wont do no harm, you are a ''good bloke'' oh and not forgetting the best one, you will talk to all and sundry about Norwich City.......then I think there will be a queue streching down from Carrow road to the train station of people who want to join the board!

I would also add MTV that the body language when McNally gave that answer meant that he didn''t believe it himself!

McNally now Tweets (as in his hissy fit over the Archant story) but hardly ever, Joe Ferrari Tweets but that is mainly personal and indeed Grant Holt has been stopped.

Delias Catering is the one active part of it, and you have to say that is working quite well if a bit too late (4 Tweets today to tell me Alistair Campbell was tonight and sold out).

On contacts that may work as it only needs one big investor to come via a conversation with SF for us all to hail him as the best thing since Robert Chase.

Don''t believe the twitter twaddle about Alistair Campbell being sold out.There were only 100 people in attendance in a room that comfortably caters for 350+.

Should Fry be listed as a ''Director'' on the Board page of the club website?

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Don''t believe the twitter twaddle about Alistair Campbell being sold out.There were only 100 people in attendance in a room that comfortably caters for 350+.[/quote]

Dear old Alistair.  That''s quite typical of the spin machine, you know.  A difficult and quick-tempered fellow.  If I were your Prime Minister, I would see your darling club alright.

[quote user="The Butler"]

If, as we are told on this notice board, that the club is run by McNally without hindrance,then his input on any major decisions will be nigh on nil.

[/quote]

---

---

TB, that one poster believes that (McNally taking decisions without hindrance) doesn''t make it true! As I pointed out on another thread, Bowkett has said clearly that all the major decisions are made by the board.

---

"When we have had to take very difficult decisions, all our substantial shareholders have been demanding in their questioning of our proposals."

---

He and McNally make proposals and the board decides whether to accept or reject - or alter - them. So Fry will have as much influence on the big picture stuff as any of the other directors.

As to what he might bring by way of investment, two points. Firstly his networking extends to various sectors of British life, and probably abroad. The slim possibility, then, of investment from areas not looked at by other football clubs, and areas not being looked at by Deloitte''s. And that is the second point - the most important role in the search for investment is that of Deloitte''s - not that of any of the directors. If Fry can help, even if only at the margins, fine; if not there is still Deloitte''s, whose job it really is.

That Fry has no particular business experience doesn''t bother me in the slightest. The last thing we needed was yet another director with that kind of expertise. All the others have that, including four with long-term experience of running a football club. If he can bring other attributes to bear on discussions then that will be a distinct plus. And that will only become apparent (and probably only to fellow directors) over time. If he is doing well as a director it''s unlikely to be publicly obvious.

None of the above is a great argument FOR Fry specifically being made a director, but equally I''ve yet to see a strong argument AGAINST. And that someone was going to be added to the board was always likely, to restore the natural order of things in terms of the balance of power. 

[quote user="mtv"]I have been having this er ...''conversation'' on another site and as of yet, no one has been able to answer this question.....just what does Fry bring to the table ? What does he give extra to justify a place on our clubs board? This has nothing to do with Fry the man, the comedian or his sexuality. It has everything to do with our club. If we go through the board members, a case can be put for each member of that board to have a place (Some might struggle with S&J!) but, rather than just writting insults about each other because your arguement is failing, lets have some facts. Why was Fry appointed? Why can he offer for that ''priceless'' appointment? I was told,by another poster of both boards, that this thread was ''disgusting'' and ''homophobic''. well I have just read right the way through this and , quite honestly, other than the usual rubbish thrown at wiz, there is nothing in this thread that I would stop my 11 year old reading!!! So if there is anyone on here that can answer these simple questions, I would happily change my opinion of Fry''s appointment. But I honestly think putting Wiz or Cluck on the board would be just as or more beneficial that the Fry appointment[/quote]

Yeah mate, bring it on.  [Y]

Seriously though, I can sum up exactly what our C'' list celebrity director brings to the board and club in three little words.

SWEET SOD ALL.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Don''t believe the twitter twaddle about Alistair Campbell being sold out.There were only 100 people in attendance in a room that comfortably caters for 350+.[/quote]And folk wonder why some of us don''t believe a single word of what comes out of Delialalaland.....The cynical spin machine continues to spin...

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="The Butler"]

[/quote]

---

---

TB, that one poster believes that (McNally taking decisions without hindrance) doesn''t make it true! As I pointed out on another thread, Bowkett has said clearly that all the major decisions are made by the board.

---

"When we have had to take very difficult decisions, all our substantial shareholders have been demanding in their questioning of our proposals."

---

He and McNally make proposals and the board decides whether to accept or reject - or alter - them. So Fry will have as much influence on the big picture stuff as any of the other directors.

As to what he might bring by way of investment, two points. Firstly his networking extends to various sectors of British life, and probably abroad. The slim possibility, then, of investment from areas not looked at by other football clubs, and areas not being looked at by Deloitte''s. And that is the second point - the most important role in the search for investment is that of Deloitte''s - not that of any of the directors. If Fry can help, even if only at the margins, fine; if not there is still Deloitte''s, whose job it really is.

That Fry has no particular business experience doesn''t bother me in the slightest. The last thing we needed was yet another director with that kind of expertise. All the others have that, including four with long-term experience of running a football club. If he can bring other attributes to bear on discussions then that will be a distinct plus. And that will only become apparent (and probably only to fellow directors) over time. If he is doing well as a director it''s unlikely to be publicly obvious.

None of the above is a great argument FOR Fry specifically being made a director, but equally I''ve yet to see a strong argument AGAINST. And that someone was going to be added to the board was always likely, to restore the natural order of things in terms of the balance of power. 

[/quote]

Poor old nutty-no-mates all on his lonesome[:''(]

Reading your post it does seem that Fry has finally given folk that well meaning amateur on the board at long last.

Have you any idea how much hard cash has come in from all four of the latest recruits on the board?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Poor old nutty-no-mates all on his lonesome[:''(]

Reading your post it does seem that Fry has finally given folk that well meaning amateur on the board at long last.

Have you any idea how much hard cash has come in from all four of the latest recruits on the board?

[/quote]

---

nutty, console yourself with the thought that some of the greatest thinkers in history were in a minority of one![;)]

As to hard cash from the new directors, the next accounts may help there, although they won''t cover Fry, who joined after the financial year in question. But I would reiterate my point that the club hired Deloitte''s to find the serious investment.

What''s the difference between being a ''substantial shareholder'' a ''board member'' and being ''a director''? To me it seems the club have a board, whose membership is drawn from its directors and those people are listed on the website.

Fry isn''t listed on the website. So, it has to be questioned whether he is a board member. If he is not then I can''t see how he can be involved in decision making, except at the AGM.

Perhaps, along with other ''directors'' however defined, he has sufficient shareholding to sit in the directors box and that''s about it. And, he receives emails from the club when they need help selling things like Canary Squares.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="The Butler"]

[/quote]

---

---

---

---

[/quote]

And thats what this is really about Purple, POWER! Power for the cook at voting trime, with no lapdogs like Munby and Doomy to back her wims now she turns to her fellow low rank celeb for support.

I pray McNally, Bowkett and Stephens don''t up and leaves, because God knows who''ll replace them!

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="The Butler"]

[/quote]

---

---

---

---

[/quote]

And thats what this is really about Purple, POWER! Power for the cook at voting trime, with no lapdogs like Munby and Doomy to back her wims now she turns to her fellow low rank celeb for support.

I pray McNally, Bowkett and Stephens don''t up and leaves, because God knows who''ll replace them!

[/quote]It would literally be the end Wiz..... Kings Lynn with bells on.Smith is very vulnerable now despite her majority shareholding.... and I wouldn''t rule out a coup in due course as a result of pressure from those who dug her out of a hole.... and who could put her right back into it.When the Empress loses control control of her henchmen.... and an investor who suits McNally et al rides into town, Smith hopefully will find out how it felt for Robert Chase when she did just that to him..... only she will deserve all she gets.Like I''ve said before.... this sorry saga isn''t over by a long chalk.

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]

And that someone was going to be added to the board was always likely, to restore the natural order of things in terms of the balance of power. 

[/quote]

[/quote]

But that is the natural order of things in business! The owners of any company control it through a boardroom majority. If there was a surprise it was that S&J willingly gave up that clear control for a while.

I should stress there is no reason to think there is some great boardroom split, with Bowkett and Phillips and McNally on one side and the four others on the other. That seems way too simplistic and monolithic. But having a majority (IF that is what Fry provides) as a safeguard is perfectly normal.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]

And that someone was going to be added to the board was always likely, to restore the natural order of things in terms of the balance of power. 

[/quote]

[/quote]

But that is the natural order of things in business! The owners of any company control it through a boardroom majority. If there was a surprise it was that S&J willingly gave up that clear control for a while.

I should stress there is no reason to think there is some great boardroom split, with Bowkett and Phillips and McNally on one side and the four others on the other. That seems way too simplistic and monolithic. But having a majority (IF that is what Fry provides) as a safeguard is perfectly normal.

[/quote]

But time and time again Purple, the cook has proved that give her enough rope and she''ll hang herself, and the club along with it.

If  Lambert, God forbid left, any bets on Gunn being reappointed?

Believe me, she''s potty enough![:S]

And Still no benificial reason for this bloke to be on the board, and on the board he is, he has said that he will turn up for as many board meetings that he can! That''s good of him dont you think?

Unless he put''s in money or attracts somebody elses investment then it''s hard to find a reason why he should be on the board. So the line from the club appears to be his contacts. So that could be it, I don''t know.

But can anybody give me a reason why he shouldn''t be on the board?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Purple - Could you shed any light on what Delia Smith did to Robert Chase?

I''m struggling with this one.

[/quote]

---

No. I did recently ask one of the posters here who keeps maintaining that there is a "real" story completely at odds with the "myth" supposedly spun by the Deliarites to detail that "real" story. The reply, such as it was, provided no such "real" story. Not one teeny bit of evidence. It simply avoided the question entirely.

I concluded, not surprisngly, that the myth is actually that there is some alternative "real" story.