Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Fry has quit twitter!

[quote user="First Wizard"]Fry was paraded on TV by the cook admist wild claims by her that he could/would bring in much needed investment, possibly via twitter ( note not take over!) as of tonight, the cupboard is still very bare.  [:S][/quote]Except for one fairy cake that is........

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="Cluckbert Chase"][quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="Cluckbert Chase"][quote user="Herman "]

[quote user="Cluckbert Chase"][quote user="City Till I Die"]I dont think Stephen Fry has brought ''national ridicule'' to the club, to the contrary I think he has brought more coverage and awareness to NCFC if anything. As for Cluckbert Chase''s comments I think you will find that most people find Stephen Fry to be a quick witted, intelligent comedian who is very popular amongst a wide audience. This whole thread comes across as a bit silly as the media always takes things out of context and this is clearly the case here.[/quote]I currently live outside Norfolk.... and travel England widely. Take my word for it... with Stephen Fry put in place along side Delia Smith.... we are a p!ss take the length and breadth the country.Of course... within the Norwich bubble this won''t be so evident.[/quote]

Your dislike of Delia blinds you.In fact,the opposite is the case.Hardly anyone i know knows about the appointment of Fry,let alone take the pee out of us.

[/quote]How on earth can you dispute what I experience every day?  In student and luvvie circles this may be true....but among the working class football mad guys I encounter.... NCFC under Delia Smith is a joke. Fact.[/quote]Haha lol.  Remind me, what is working class nowadays?You''re the biggest BS''er on this site Cluck.[/quote]And you are who exactly?......[:|]Outside of Ladeda-land Carrow Road most football grounds are full of proper grassroot supporters. Sadly City have too many patsies like you.[/quote]I think it would be more pertinent to ask who you are...What is grassroot?  I''d suppose someone who supports Lowestoft, Kings Lynn, Dereham, I mean how can someone who supports a league team be grassroot?I love your generalisations, it shows a distinct naivety.[/quote]Coming from Stowmarket you are clearly infected.... and added to Leicester, clearly a la de da student. (I might add here that you shouldn''t expect anyone in business to take your degree seriously). So what does someone who has never had a job know about working class people?

Who cares? Does anyone ever actually follow Twitter anyway? ''Stephen Fry''s just eaten his breakfast''..... Great

The only noteworthy thing about this thread is Trollbert Chase''s use of the word ''gaylord''. And it''s noteworthy because it makes him sound like he''s 13, a moron or a 13-year-old moron.

Why this constant vitriol against Fry? What has he done to deserve this?

Well I''m not quite sure what he brings to the boardroom Wiz, but I was hoping that he was going to bring a row, row, row your punt - there''s only one Lord Melchett chant to the terraces and also promote me running for charity to his 1.9 million Twitter followers.So if your reading ''Melchy'' sort it out mate and get me added Smudger [;)]

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Depraved"][quote user="First Wizard"]

Apparently over his ''women'' remarks, some hissy fit I gather.

So please remind me just what he brings to the boardroom apart from national ridicule now.[:|]

[/quote]A big case of pot kettle and black here. Didn''t you quit the board over something trivial, and can you remind us what you bring to these boards apart from most people facepalm''ing and headshaking after reading your posts?On to Mr Fry: Since the first time he got a bit upset over someone insulting him on twitter, he has made 100''s of comments, the media has picked up on 1. The media troll these twitters for the slightest thing that may make a news article, anyone slightly famous who twitters leaves themselves wide open to these parasites and shouldn''t expect anything less from them.Mr Fry is obviously a more sensitive chap and takes it personally rather than seeing it as scum trying to leech a living off every word people say. If I had a chance as a life long fan to make the slightest bit of difference to the club I would join the board too. Don''t knock someone for trying to bring our club to the attention of a much wider audience. It only takes 1 person with the right money and influence to better the club and they have got to be out there somewhere.....[/quote]

Blow your nose, pull your trouser up, look in the mirror sonny and run along.

[/quote]Haven''t a clue what you''re driveling on about here, tis a very weak response whatever it is. Why highlight part of a sentence in red, are you trying to fit something into a defensive statement that only you can see? You did quit the board after a hissy fit, and you do indeed bring nothing to these boards but ridicule... perhaps your a bit poofy too (which I have nothing  against). See? you have more in common with Stephen that you thought.

If I was your Chairman, I would ensure that board members adhered to a strict code of expected behaviour in their public life, and this would extend to all announcements, real or "virtual", made in the public domain such as websites and message boards.I hope you will consider my candidacy in this light.

[quote user="Depraved"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Depraved"][quote user="First Wizard"]

So please remind me just what he brings to the boardroom apart from national ridicule now.[:|]

[/quote]

A big case of pot kettle and black here. Didn''t you quit the board over something trivial, and can you remind us what you bring to these boards apart from most people facepalm''ing and headshaking after reading your posts?

On to Mr Fry: Since the first time he got a bit upset over someone insulting him on twitter, he has made 100''s of comments, the media has picked up on 1. The media troll these twitters for the slightest thing that may make a news article, anyone slightly famous who twitters leaves themselves wide open to these parasites and shouldn''t expect anything less from them.

Mr Fry is obviously a more sensitive chap and takes it personally rather than seeing it as scum trying to leech a living off every word people say. If I had a chance as a life long fan to make the slightest bit of difference to the club I would join the board too. Don''t knock someone for trying to bring our club to the attention of a much wider audience. It only takes 1 person with the right money and influence to better the club and they have got to be out there somewhere.....
[/quote]

[/quote]

Haven''t a clue what you''re driveling on about here, tis a very weak response whatever it is. Why highlight part of a sentence in red, are you trying to fit something into a defensive statement that only you can see?

You did quit the board after a hissy fit, and you do indeed bring nothing to these boards but ridicule... perhaps your a bit poofy too (which I have nothing  against). See? you have more in common with Stephen that you thought.
[/quote]

Firstly, my dear pink un poster, I very clearly said to Morty, that I was having a months break, and most posters knew and respected that, hardly a hissy fit now is it?

Secondly, I''m a no body, just an average City fan, not a club director like Fry.

Thirdly, I don''t have a criminal record like Fry has.

And lastly, I''m 100%, pure hetrosexual, and Fry most certainly isn''t that!

I certainly have nothing in common with that guy..............clear?

In an effort to open this further, should a man with a criminal conviction, ie credit card fraud, be allowed to become a director of NCFC?

Fit and proper Delia once said.

Yeah right dear.[:|]

[quote user="First Wizard"]

In an effort to open this further, should a man with a criminal conviction, ie credit card fraud, be allowed to become a director of NCFC?

[/quote]Call me a hair splitter,and I''m sure I''ll get shot down in flames if I''m wrong,but I''m pretty sure that Fry was sentenced to a young offenders institution,thus making him a "boy" with a criminal record.

Just for the record in the dying embers of this thread.......Although I think over exposure has blunted Stephen Fry''s ''wit'' considerably.... I have nothing whatsoever against him as a person. My issue is that he has no place within the structure of a football club.... especially NCFC.  Equally, I have nothing whatsoever against homosexuals per se.... I just wouldn''t like one in my bottom.... that''s all.Regarding Delia Smith.... again I have nothing whatsoever against her as an individual or ''television cook'', because on screen I can simply switch it over and watch something interesting. Once again.... my issue is that there is no place within the ''man''s'' game of football for a giggly female ''celebrity''.... and one who clearly sees NCFC as ''her own personal kingdom''. The fact that she has destroyed all that others had done before her clearly illustrates my point.I trust this clarifies Cluck''s standpoint.

[quote user="nolegs"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]
Call me a hair splitter,and I''m sure I''ll get shot down in flames if I''m wrong,but I''m pretty sure that Fry was sentenced to a young offenders institution,thus making him a "boy" with a criminal record.
[/quote]

Oh that makes it all right then mate.[:S]

It still demostrates clearly to me the nature of the man.

Why all this sad nastiness about the man that has popped up in this thread? 

Stephen Fry has his warts and he has always been able to own up to them. He is a fellow City supporter after all.

He will undebtedly contribute more to the Club, one way or another, than any of us lot can, even if we buy an extra pie or whatever each matchday.

This need to criticise everybody and everything by some on here just conjures up an image in my head of failed saddoes who have nothing better to do but sit at their PCs and rail at everything to compensate for their own short-comings.

Fry''s connections with NCFC are at worst harmless but could well be fruitful . He''s not my cup of tea, but I prefer to save the vitriol for those who deserve it. 

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]

Why all this sad nastiness about the man that has popped up in this thread? 

Stephen Fry has his warts and he has always been able to own up to them. He is a fellow City supporter after all.

He will undebtedly contribute more to the Club, one way or another, than any of us lot can, even if we buy an extra pie or whatever each matchday.

This need to criticise everybody and everything by some on here just conjures up an image in my head of failed saddoes who have nothing better to do but sit at their PCs and rail at everything to compensate for their own short-comings.

Fry''s connections with NCFC are at worst harmless but could well be fruitful . He''s not my cup of tea, but I prefer to save the vitriol for those who deserve it. 

[/quote]

Well, imo he does deserve it, sorry.

I''m still intrigued to find out what Stephen Fry deserves a bashing from Wizard, unless being part of some of the best comedy programs to ever air on British TV, starring in some excellent films, championing arts, crafts and the theatre of Great Britain, making some thought-provoking documentaries, commenting on a weird "state" visit that was granted to the Pope (even though he''s not a head of state), presenting a light-hearted and TV quiz and generally being one of the most likeable high-profile figures in the country is a crime.Wizard. Please put it into words. What has Stephen Fry actually done to provoke you to be so angry with him?

[quote user="Cluckbert Chase"]

Coming from Stowmarket you are clearly infected.... and added to Leicester, clearly a la de da student. (I might add here that you shouldn''t expect anyone in business to take your degree seriously).

So what does someone who has never had a job know about working class people?
[/quote]

You really have it in for students don''t you Cluck, do you have an inferiority complex?  And no I am no longer a student I graduated from one of the best Universities in the country in 2009 and I''m pretty proud of it to be honest, with some of the grammar you use it would probably make sense if you went and studied some English to get you up to scratch.

What do you know about business people taking my degree seriously anyway, do you know what it is in?  You''re just an empty vessel Cluck, you know absolutely nothing; you try and come across all-seeing and knowing, but in all honesty you''re just an insignificant ignoramous.

And by the way, I do have a job thank you very much.

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Depraved"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Depraved"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

A big case of pot kettle and black here. Didn''t you quit the board over something trivial, and can you remind us what you bring to these boards apart from most people facepalm''ing and headshaking after reading your posts?

On to Mr Fry: Since the first time he got a bit upset over someone insulting him on twitter, he has made 100''s of comments, the media has picked up on 1. The media troll these twitters for the slightest thing that may make a news article, anyone slightly famous who twitters leaves themselves wide open to these parasites and shouldn''t expect anything less from them.

Mr Fry is obviously a more sensitive chap and takes it personally rather than seeing it as scum trying to leech a living off every word people say. If I had a chance as a life long fan to make the slightest bit of difference to the club I would join the board too. Don''t knock someone for trying to bring our club to the attention of a much wider audience. It only takes 1 person with the right money and influence to better the club and they have got to be out there somewhere.....
[/quote]

[/quote]

Haven''t a clue what you''re driveling on about here, tis a very weak response whatever it is. Why highlight part of a sentence in red, are you trying to fit something into a defensive statement that only you can see?

You did quit the board after a hissy fit, and you do indeed bring nothing to these boards but ridicule... perhaps your a bit poofy too (which I have nothing  against). See? you have more in common with Stephen that you thought.
[/quote]

Firstly, my dear pink un poster, I very clearly said to Morty, that I was having a months break, and most posters knew and respected that, hardly a hissy fit now is it?

Secondly, I''m a no body, just an average City fan, not a club director like Fry.

Thirdly, I don''t have a criminal record like Fry has.

And lastly, I''m 100%, pure hetrosexual, and Fry most certainly isn''t that!

I certainly have nothing in common with that guy..............clear?

[/quote]

I think having you back on this board has made everyone appreciate that one never realises how good something is until it''s gone.

Are you going to subject the readers of this board to the kind of ignorant, uniformed, bigoted, sensaltionalist trolling that you''ve shown in this thread and countless others in the past on an ongoing basis? If so, a simple "yes" in response will be sufficient to make me revert to an alternative forum. I really can''t be bothered to waste what relatively little free time I get reading such utter dross.

[quote user="ZiggyPiggy"][quote user="Cluckbert Chase"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]Fry is too busy riding the crest of a phoney new media ''popularity'' wave to notice that he is infact just a sad old gaylord with delusions of grandeur. As with all things Delia Smith.... the stardust hides the realities of life which is that neither of them are actually that good at what they do.More ''twatter'' than ''twitter''....he''ll become just another Tony Hancock in time.

[/quote]It''s outrageous that you are allowed to be

so overtly homophobic and critical of Stephen Fry''s homosexuality (this is not the first time from you).

Why are posts like this not removed from the board? A warning should also be issued

to that poster that such disgraceful insults will not be tolerated. I

shouldn''t think he would get away with using such ignorant and offensive terminology

concerning the colour of Korey Smith''s skin relating to his performances

so what makes this okay?Your posts very often sicken me Cluckbert Chase. Which I''m sure, will mightily entertain you. Ignorant cretin. I''m neither a student nor have I lived out my life only in a Norwich bubble, so save yourself any of the patronising riposte-fodder you have pathetically spouted to anyone that disagrees with you thus far. [/quote]It''s the only way he knows, it''s better just to ignore him. Many have tried to engage him in an intelligent two-way discussion, but sadly he is incapable of discussing anything, only reiterating his opinions over and over again, and then trying to belittle anyone who disagrees with him with a torrent of directionless playground taunts, usually preoccupied with issues of class and sexuality.Although to be fair, if we''d all lived such enriched, multicultural lives as Cluck, we''d be in a much better position to understand why we''re all so tragically misinformed and he is actually the gospel. Personally, I''ve never met a working-class person, or had a job, or left Norfolk - I''m sure this is also the case for at least 96.8% of the other posters on this board.

[quote user="ZiggyPiggy"][quote user="Cluckbert Chase"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]Fry is too busy riding the crest of a phoney new media ''popularity'' wave to notice that he is infact just a sad old gaylord with delusions of grandeur. As with all things Delia Smith.... the stardust hides the realities of life which is that neither of them are actually that good at what they do.More ''twatter'' than ''twitter''....he''ll become just another Tony Hancock in time.

[/quote]It''s outrageous that you are allowed to be

so overtly homophobic and critical of Stephen Fry''s homosexuality (this is not the first time from you).

Why are posts like this not removed from the board? A warning should also be issued

to that poster that such disgraceful insults will not be tolerated. I

shouldn''t think he would get away with using such ignorant and offensive terminology

concerning the colour of Korey Smith''s skin relating to his performances

so what makes this okay?Your posts very often sicken me Cluckbert Chase. Which I''m sure, will mightily entertain you. Ignorant cretin. I''m neither a student nor have I lived out my life only in a Norwich bubble, so save yourself any of the patronising riposte-fodder you have pathetically spouted to anyone that disagrees with you thus far. [/quote]And yours don''t interest me.....

[quote user="ncfcstar"]

[quote user="Cluckbert Chase"]Coming from Stowmarket you are clearly infected.... and added to Leicester, clearly a la de da student. (I might add here that you shouldn''t expect anyone in business to take your degree seriously). So what does someone who has never had a job know about working class people? [/quote]

You really have it in for students don''t you Cluck, do you have an inferiority complex?  And no I am no longer a student I graduated from one of the best Universities in the country in 2009 and I''m pretty proud of it to be honest, with some of the grammar you use it would probably make sense if you went and studied some English to get you up to scratch.

What do you know about business people taking my degree seriously anyway, do you know what it is in?  You''re just an empty vessel Cluck, you know absolutely nothing; you try and come across all-seeing and knowing, but in all honesty you''re just an insignificant ignoramous.

And by the way, I do have a job thank you very much.

[/quote]I hope you feel better for that...... I certainly do. Thank you.  [Y]

[quote user="Mook"]Wizard. Please put it into words. What has Stephen Fry actually done to provoke you to be so angry with him?[/quote]I would have thought that is rather obvious.Mr Fry has made a success of his life. That sort of thing is infuriating to small-minded, bitter individuals who have done little with theirs.For further evidence, see Cluck.Two sad old gits who lead such interesting and fulfilling lives that they spend most of them trolling on a football message board.Now that is funny.

Four little Deliarites... sittiing in a row,What''s their problem... I don''t know,Can''t mention student... can''t mention gay,Looks like his Twitter chums are out to to play.

[quote user="Cluckbert Chase"]Four little Deliarites... sittiing in a row,What''s their problem... I don''t know,Can''t mention student... can''t mention gay,Looks like his Twitter chums are out to to play.[/quote]Are you employed by the East Anglian Daily Times to drive people away from here ?If not, maybe you should give them a call ?  Might be a couple of quid in it for you ?

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Cluckbert Chase"]Four little Deliarites... sittiing in a row,What''s their problem... I don''t know,Can''t mention student... can''t mention gay,Looks like his Twitter chums are out to to play.[/quote]Are you employed by the East Anglian Daily Times to drive people away from here ?If not, maybe you should give them a call ?  Might be a couple of quid in it for you ?[/quote]On the contrary Blah.  All of the threads with silly bickering and banter get the most views and most replies. That''s why this place is so lively and has such an active message board. People don''t have to join in... but the lure is irresistable.I''m always up for a quid however. Who do I contact at EADT to claim my prize?

[quote user="Cluckbert Chase"][quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Cluckbert Chase"]Four little Deliarites... sittiing in a row,What''s their problem... I don''t know,Can''t mention student... can''t mention gay,Looks like his Twitter chums are out to to play.[/quote]Are you employed by the East Anglian Daily Times to drive people away from here ?If not, maybe you should give them a call ?  Might be a couple of quid in it for you ?[/quote]On the contrary Blah.  All of the threads with silly bickering and banter get the most views and most replies. That''s why this place is so lively and has such an active message board. People don''t have to join in... but the lure is irresistable.I''m always up for a quid however. Who do I contact at EADT to claim my prize?[/quote]In that case, maybe you and Wiz are taking sly backhanders from Archant to drive up site traffic by infuriating the p*ss out of everyone? Much as people know it makes more sense to ignore you, you do both seem to have that canny knack of getting lots of people to bite... ;)

[quote user="Cluckbert Chase"][quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Cluckbert Chase"]Four little Deliarites... sittiing in a row,What''s their problem... I don''t know,Can''t mention student... can''t mention gay,Looks like his Twitter chums are out to to play.[/quote]Are you employed by the East Anglian Daily Times to drive people away from here ?If not, maybe you should give them a call ?  Might be a couple of quid in it for you ?[/quote]On the contrary Blah.  All of the threads with silly bickering and banter get the most views and most replies. That''s why this place is so lively and has such an active message board. People don''t have to join in... but the lure is irresistable.I''m always up for a quid however. Who do I contact at EADT to claim my prize?[/quote]Cluck and Stephen sitting in a tree...