Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Fry has quit twitter!

Apparently over his ''women'' remarks, some hissy fit I gather.

So please remind me just what he brings to the boardroom apart from national ridicule now.[:|]

Not a hissy fit but the problem of stirring up mass opinion against you.

I think his phone was receiving messages faster than it could display them. As such he had to stop using his account.

When it dies down he may be able to return - if he wants to.

Twitter is not meant to cope with that volume.

However as I always said he is not really an expert in Twitter just a user of it. There are experts out there that NCFC could have hired.

[quote user="First Wizard"]

So please remind me just what he brings to the boardroom apart from national ridicule now.[:|]

[/quote]

What ridicule? I have seen nothing negative over the appointment of Fry to the Norwich board, actually I have seen very little about it at all. There was a video on the BBC website of the press conference and that was about it.

People outside of Norwich pay very little attention to what Norwich are upto, as much as people outside of Derby pay no real attention to Derby County or people outside of Coventry pay little attention to the Coventry City.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

What ridicule? I have seen nothing negative over the appointment of Fry to the Norwich board, actually I have seen very little about it at all. There was a video on the BBC website of the press conference and that was about it.

People outside of Norwich pay very little attention to what Norwich are upto, as much as people outside of Derby pay no real attention to Derby County or people outside of Coventry pay little attention to the Coventry City.

[/quote]

Sooooooooooooo.... what''s life like in that paper bag?Mmmm? Mmmmm?

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

If we accept what you say Bethnal, then again what ruddy use is he to the club? other than to back up his fellow 2nd rate luvvie, the cook, at voting time.

He won''t bring in 1p of investment to the club, but imo, he can vote against upsetting the status quo.

Experts in twitter ?

What is there to be an expert of ?

You send a short message, it gets ignored.

You send another short message, you put a # tag on it, if it''s the right tag, some people will see it.

You follow people, then they follow you. You can then drop people when you get a lot of followers, but the chances are the people you drop will drop you back unless you have anything interesting to say.

Is there anything else to know about twitter, or have I missed some kind of deep meaning that is obvious only to experts ?

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]A big case of pot kettle and black here. Didn''t you quit the board over something trivial, and can you remind us what you bring to these boards apart from most people facepalm''ing and headshaking after reading your posts?On to Mr Fry: Since the first time he got a bit upset over someone insulting him on twitter, he has made 100''s of comments, the media has picked up on 1. The media troll these twitters for the slightest thing that may make a news article, anyone slightly famous who twitters leaves themselves wide open to these parasites and shouldn''t expect anything less from them.Mr Fry is obviously a more sensitive chap and takes it personally rather than seeing it as scum trying to leech a living off every word people say. If I had a chance as a life long fan to make the slightest bit of difference to the club I would join the board too. Don''t knock someone for trying to bring our club to the attention of a much wider audience. It only takes 1 person with the right money and influence to better the club and they have got to be out there somewhere.....

[quote user="Depraved"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

A big case of pot kettle and black here. Didn''t you quit the board over something trivial, and can you remind us what you bring to these boards apart from most people facepalm''ing and headshaking after reading your posts?

On to Mr Fry: Since the first time he got a bit upset over someone insulting him on twitter, he has made 100''s of comments, the media has picked up on 1. The media troll these twitters for the slightest thing that may make a news article, anyone slightly famous who twitters leaves themselves wide open to these parasites and shouldn''t expect anything less from them.

Mr Fry is obviously a more sensitive chap and takes it personally rather than seeing it as scum trying to leech a living off every word people say. If I had a chance as a life long fan to make the slightest bit of difference to the club I would join the board too. Don''t knock someone for trying to bring our club to the attention of a much wider audience. It only takes 1 person with the right money and influence to better the club and they have got to be out there somewhere.....
[/quote]

Blow your nose, pull your trouser up, look in the mirror sonny and run along.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]Experts in twitter ?

What is there to be an expert of ?

You send a short message, it gets ignored.

You send another short message, you put a # tag on it, if it''s the right tag, some people will see it.

You follow people, then they follow you. You can then drop people when you get a lot of followers, but the chances are the people you drop will drop you back unless you have anything interesting to say.

Is there anything else to know about twitter, or have I missed some kind of deep meaning that is obvious only to experts ?
[/quote]I enjoyed that.....[:)]

And what was Wizard doing looking at an Irish TV company web-site - if not looking for troll material to post on here!  Strike a light.

what, one of the greatest comedians this country has ever produced? And i thought you didnt like Fry

Hancock was a bi-polar depressive just like Fry. When his public didn''t find him funny anymore... he imploded and committed suicide..... sad and lonely figure. So for his own sake he should stop believing the media hype and get his head out of the clouds. I actually have no issue at all with what he originally said about women..... as it is perfectly true.

I dont think Stephen Fry has brought ''national ridicule'' to the club, to the contrary I think he has brought more coverage and awareness to NCFC if anything.

As for Cluckbert Chase''s comments I think you will find that most people find Stephen Fry to be a quick witted, intelligent comedian who is very popular amongst a wide audience.

This whole thread comes across as a bit silly as the media always takes things out of context and this is clearly the case here.

[quote user="City Till I Die"]I dont think Stephen Fry has brought ''national ridicule'' to the club, to the contrary I think he has brought more coverage and awareness to NCFC if anything. As for Cluckbert Chase''s comments I think you will find that most people find Stephen Fry to be a quick witted, intelligent comedian who is very popular amongst a wide audience. This whole thread comes across as a bit silly as the media always takes things out of context and this is clearly the case here.[/quote]

Your comments are noted and agreed by most.

Ever thought of joining NCISA Stephen?

[quote user="City Till I Die"]I dont think Stephen Fry has brought ''national ridicule'' to the club, to the contrary I think he has brought more coverage and awareness to NCFC if anything.

As for Cluckbert Chase''s comments I think you will find that most people find Stephen Fry to be a quick witted, intelligent comedian who is very popular amongst a wide audience.

This whole thread comes across as a bit silly as the media always takes things out of context and this is clearly the case here.[/quote]I currently live outside Norfolk.... and travel England widely. Take my word for it... with Stephen Fry put in place along side Delia Smith.... we are a p!ss take the length and breadth the country.Of course... within the Norwich bubble this won''t be so evident.

[quote user="Cluckbert Chase"][quote user="City Till I Die"]I dont think Stephen Fry has brought ''national ridicule'' to the club, to the contrary I think he has brought more coverage and awareness to NCFC if anything. As for Cluckbert Chase''s comments I think you will find that most people find Stephen Fry to be a quick witted, intelligent comedian who is very popular amongst a wide audience. This whole thread comes across as a bit silly as the media always takes things out of context and this is clearly the case here.[/quote]

I currently live outside Norfolk.... and travel England widely. Take my word for it... with Stephen Fry put in place along side Delia Smith.... we are a p!ss take the length and breadth the country.

Of course... within the Norwich bubble this won''t be so evident.
[/quote]

Your dislike of Delia blinds you.In fact,the opposite is the case.Hardly anyone i know knows about the appointment of Fry,let alone take the pee out of us.

I like Stephen Fry and find most of his stuff quite entertaining and funny but I''ve never really seen what he brings to the board of NCFC.

Why Cluck has to keep bringing up the guys illness is beyond me. Maybe Cluck you could spend the evening reading up on mental illness and then hope you never suffer it.

[quote user="Herman "]

[quote user="Cluckbert Chase"][quote user="City Till I Die"]I dont think Stephen Fry has brought ''national ridicule'' to the club, to the contrary I think he has brought more coverage and awareness to NCFC if anything. As for Cluckbert Chase''s comments I think you will find that most people find Stephen Fry to be a quick witted, intelligent comedian who is very popular amongst a wide audience. This whole thread comes across as a bit silly as the media always takes things out of context and this is clearly the case here.[/quote]I currently live outside Norfolk.... and travel England widely. Take my word for it... with Stephen Fry put in place along side Delia Smith.... we are a p!ss take the length and breadth the country.Of course... within the Norwich bubble this won''t be so evident.[/quote]

Your dislike of Delia blinds you.In fact,the opposite is the case.Hardly anyone i know knows about the appointment of Fry,let alone take the pee out of us.

[/quote]How on earth can you dispute what I experience every day?  In student and luvvie circles this may be true....but among the working class football mad guys I encounter.... NCFC under Delia Smith is a joke. Fact.

I can understand why Mr Fry would leave Twitter after the reaction of some of his fans, but hopefully ''

:o)
'' is correct and he''s just taking a break.As for the comments themselves; You can hear more insulting crap said about men on ''Loose Women'', recieved with cheers and applause from the gaggle of dry, crotchety, humourless bints in their vacuous audience.  No-one cares what they say because...well...they''re daytime ITV trash.Stephen Fry repeats a humourous observation he also shared almost 2 years ago and it suddenly spreads around the web.  Why so much interest now?  Because over 1.9 million twitter followers can generate a fortune in advertising revenue.

[quote user="IncH_HigH "]

I like Stephen Fry and find most of his stuff quite entertaining and funny but I''ve never really seen what he brings to the board of NCFC.

Why Cluck has to keep bringing up the guys illness is beyond me. Maybe Cluck you could spend the evening reading up on mental illness and then hope you never suffer it.

[/quote]Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz......Thank you doctor....

[quote user="Cluckbert Chase"][quote user="Herman "]

[quote user="Cluckbert Chase"][quote user="City Till I Die"]I dont think Stephen Fry has brought ''national ridicule'' to the club, to the contrary I think he has brought more coverage and awareness to NCFC if anything. As for Cluckbert Chase''s comments I think you will find that most people find Stephen Fry to be a quick witted, intelligent comedian who is very popular amongst a wide audience. This whole thread comes across as a bit silly as the media always takes things out of context and this is clearly the case here.[/quote]I currently live outside Norfolk.... and travel England widely. Take my word for it... with Stephen Fry put in place along side Delia Smith.... we are a p!ss take the length and breadth the country.Of course... within the Norwich bubble this won''t be so evident.[/quote]

[/quote]How on earth can you dispute what I experience every day?  In student and luvvie circles this may be true....but among the working class football mad guys I encounter.... NCFC under Delia Smith is a joke. Fact.[/quote]Haha lol.  Remind me, what is working class nowadays?You''re the biggest BS''er on this site Cluck.

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="Cluckbert Chase"][quote user="Herman "]

[quote user="Cluckbert Chase"][quote user="City Till I Die"]I dont think Stephen Fry has brought ''national ridicule'' to the club, to the contrary I think he has brought more coverage and awareness to NCFC if anything. As for Cluckbert Chase''s comments I think you will find that most people find Stephen Fry to be a quick witted, intelligent comedian who is very popular amongst a wide audience. This whole thread comes across as a bit silly as the media always takes things out of context and this is clearly the case here.[/quote]

I currently live outside Norfolk.... and travel England widely. Take my word for it... with Stephen Fry put in place along side Delia Smith.... we are a p!ss take the length and breadth the country.

[/quote]

[/quote]

How on earth can you dispute what I experience every day?  In student and luvvie circles this may be true....but among the working class football mad guys I encounter.... NCFC under Delia Smith is a joke. Fact.

[/quote]

Haha lol.  Remind me, what is working class nowadays?

You''re the biggest BS''er on this site Cluck.
[/quote]

Don''t spoil the panto villains evening.[;)]

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="Cluckbert Chase"][quote user="Herman "]

[/quote]How on earth can you dispute what I experience every day?  In student and luvvie circles this may be true....but among the working class football mad guys I encounter.... NCFC under Delia Smith is a joke. Fact.[/quote]Haha lol.  Remind me, what is working class nowadays?You''re the biggest BS''er on this site Cluck.[/quote]And you are who exactly?......[:|]Outside of Ladeda-land Carrow Road most football grounds are full of proper grassroot supporters. Sadly City have too many patsies like you.

I think if you want to avoid ridicule from the "working class football mad guys" (ie pathetic wankers) you know we will also have to change our nickname from Canaries, cos you know it''s not a big manly thing like a devil or a lion. And stop playing in yellow and green cos they''re a bit poofy aren''t they? Oh and we might also want to get rid of that song with Hurrah and Bravo in it...

[quote user="Cluckbert Chase"][quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="Cluckbert Chase"][quote user="Herman "]

[/quote]How on earth can you dispute what I experience every day?  In student and luvvie circles this may be true....but among the working class football mad guys I encounter.... NCFC under Delia Smith is a joke. Fact.[/quote]Haha lol.  Remind me, what is working class nowadays?You''re the biggest BS''er on this site Cluck.[/quote]And you are who exactly?......[:|]Outside of Ladeda-land Carrow Road most football grounds are full of proper grassroot supporters. Sadly City have too many patsies like you.[/quote]Yeh, I was saying just the same thing over a prawn sandwich in the Champions League lounge at Old Trafford a couple of weeks ago. 

[quote user="Cluckbert Chase"][quote user="Herman "]

[/quote]

[/quote]

How on earth can you dispute what I experience every day?  In student and luvvie circles this may be true....but among the working class football mad guys I encounter.... NCFC under Delia Smith is a joke. Fact.

[/quote]

Believe it or not,down here in Hertfordshire we have working class people as well[:O],and the ones i talk to,if i can bear it,always have a good word to say about us.The odd mention of ''Delia''s moment'' and the Doc,as a mild p!ss take,but otherwise fine.

[quote user="Cluckbert Chase"][quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="Cluckbert Chase"][quote user="Herman "]

[/quote]How on earth can you dispute what I experience every day?  In student and luvvie circles this may be true....but among the working class football mad guys I encounter.... NCFC under Delia Smith is a joke. Fact.[/quote]Haha lol.  Remind me, what is working class nowadays?You''re the biggest BS''er on this site Cluck.[/quote]And you are who exactly?......[:|]Outside of Ladeda-land Carrow Road most football grounds are full of proper grassroot supporters. Sadly City have too many patsies like you.[/quote]I think it would be more pertinent to ask who you are...What is grassroot?  I''d suppose someone who supports Lowestoft, Kings Lynn, Dereham, I mean how can someone who supports a league team be grassroot?I love your generalisations, it shows a distinct naivety.

[quote user="Mahogany"]I think if you want to avoid ridicule from the "working class football mad guys" (ie pathetic wankers) you know we will also have to change our nickname from Canaries, cos you know it''s not a big manly thing like a devil or a lion. And stop playing in yellow and green cos they''re a bit poofy aren''t they? Oh and we might also want to get rid of that song with Hurrah and Bravo in it...[/quote]

Cor, can we say ''poofy'' on here now?[;)]

[/quote]

Ditto Cluckbert-travel the proverbial nation, currently live near Chichester. Have to say that most people I talk football to have a lot of respect for Norwich, but aren''t that clued up about us-some didn''t even know Fry was a fan, never mind a director! I think it is maybe a tad dramatic to have us as a national laughing stock, pisstake, whatever-the usual stuff is "Delia Smith" (!!), "you play good football" and "ah, Norwich, yes, hmmmm...", that sort of thing!

I think we can sometimes be guilty of over-emphasising the impact our club has on the national conscience, we are provincial in the hearts and minds of many, even if that same attitude in people who have been involved at the club over the years might have led to it!

As for Fry. Hell, what a storm in a teacup this Twitter thing has raised. For goodness sake. Why must football be so much about anything other than what REALLY counts, the team itself, the players, and winning matches!

With that in mind, I will note that we certainly were on the national radar for our football when a certain man who has been roundly castigated by many, was in charge! But that was a different time and a vastly different game.

Fry was paraded on TV by the cook admist wild claims by her that he could/would bring in much needed investment, possibly via twitter ( note not take over!) as of tonight, the cupboard is still very bare.  [:S]