Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for FONCY with the Pink un Pickers

Greetings PUPs and welcome to week fourteen of the free bet season. Now this week is really special because we have a real free bet legend in charge and making the final selections. And I don’t use the word legend lightly because this week it’s Fellas pitting his wits against Billy. Every week we read his name carved with pride on Rays signature where the 3 beside his name denotes the three successes he has had previously. Now I know how much that 3 means to Fellas and I know he’d like nothing better than for me to change it to a 4 this weekend. Some of you have met Fellas at our PUPs meets in the past and I’m sure that those who have will agree with me when I tell you that not only is he a legendary picker but he is a great guy too. Back when we started the free bet he was always very supportive to Ray and myself, especially with my stats. I’d prefer you PUPs keep this under your hats - his records were much better than mine back in those days. [:$][;)]

But good as young Fellas is we have to give him the very best ammunition we can to select from. And that’s just what all you PUPs have been doing since the form settled down. With the help of our PUPs Library on the NCISA web site  you have been offering over 30 different selections each week. That’s a lot more than we used to provide and I’m sure that’s another reason why the threads are so enjoyable.

With Fellas in charge I have a feeling this is the week we have 70 PUPs select for the first time. Because I’m sure everyone will want to help him try to achieve an unprecedented fourth win.

Since I have been involved with these threads I have taken a much greater interest in our academy teams. If you click the FONCY link on my sig and then go to “Latest News” you will find our U18 have cemented their lead at the top of their league having beaten their nearest rivals 2-1 last weekend. When Ricky Martin spoke to us at our presentation he was really pleased with the money we raise on these threads so I believe us PUPs can feel that extra bit proud of the success the academy team is having.

I’ll hand the free bet over to Fellas now. Enjoy your week in charge, there’s no pressure because we are all going to be doing our best to help you get an unprecedented 4 beside your name in the Free Bet Hall of fame. We all stand together with the single aim of raising money for our great clubs academy. Good luck all you PUPs... take it away Leon... the free bet is yours.......[:)]..............

As always I leave you with Rays signature which now reads :-

Carve their names with pride.Yankee,3,Fellas,3,P''boro,2,Mr Chops,2,NewYork, Inch High,2, Blahblahblah, NCFC_Shaun, 1st Wazzock, Fonejacker,2, Norfolkbroadslim, Norfolkchance1, Scooby,2, Trent Canary, yes Norfolkchance1 £1048 for the Academy,so far.

After my disaster with Valencia last week I''ll try and get back to winning ways with a Sunday game in Denmark:

FC COPENHAGEN -v- AC Horsens HOME WIN

Good Luck Fellas and all you Lovely PUPs

Right, I was tempted by Celtic but after slipping up on the SPL banana skin last week I decided against going back there this week. So for me i''ll go head to Italy and go with.....

Inter v Brescia....Home win.

Good luck this week to Fellas and all this weeks pickers.[Y]

Dare i go to Holland?

Top of the league and unbeaten FC TWENTE v SC Excelsior Rotterdam   HOME WIN

Good luck Fellas and PUPS[Y]

[quote user="canary cherub "]

It''s the FA Cup this weekend and my selection is

Carlisle  v  Tipton Town  (home win)

Best of luck Fellas and all you PUPs [Y]

[/quote]

---

Ditto. Cherub just beat me to it. Carlisle to win at home in the FA Cup, as - I seem to remember - they did last season against some team or other...[;)]

Bonne chance a tous.

Its the FA Cup for me this week. Always the chance of a shock in this competition of course, but I''m going for

Harrow Borough v Chesterfield - Away Win.

Chesterfield are top of league 2 and are scoring plenty of goals, Harrow are struggling 5th from the bottom of the Ryman League Premier Division. Only one winner here for me.

Good luck all PUPs, and especially Fellas - heres hoping for your 4th win!!

Good luck this week Fellas, I''m sure you''ll do a fantastic job.  I''m also hoping to continue my little, and I emphasise the little, streak.  I''m staying in England this week, where I fully expect:Charlton to beat BarnetBarnet are on a wretched run of form, and I''m sure Charlton will want to win for a bit of London pride and to get a cup run going.  Good luck Fellas, and all the Pups.

Bangor City over Bryntirion Athletic FC in the Welsh Cup.Bangor have won 12 from 12 in the welsh premier. Bryntirion are 7th in the league below.Tough week, a few good looking games out there but each seemed to have a drawback. Im hoping Bangor put out a full strength team for this one.Best of luck Fellas!

The Highland League for me. I''m going for a home win for Inverurie Locos v. Rothes.

Inverurie are W4 D0 L0 F11 A2 at home and Rothes are W0 D1 L5 F6 A21 away.

Good Luck, Fellas!

Going into the FA Cup this week. Carlisle of League 1 should be too much for Tipton Town of the Baker-Joiner Midland Football Alliance Division 1.

Carlisle v Tipton - Home Win

Good luck Fellas, and all PUPs.

I am back in the British Isles this week after my visit to Switzerland last week so Scottish Div 3 and Queens Park v Stranraer, Away win ,

Good luck Fellas and all the PuP''s , so close last week , lets make it a winning weekend this week

FA Cup for me too this week - Brighton vs. Woking - Home win.

Good luck to Fellas and Pup''s

Greetings PUP''s!

This week I''m off to the Ukraine and a local derby on Sunday.  Dynamo Kiev are at home to their neighbours Obolon Kiev who have only one away win to their name so far.  As Dynamo are 6 wins and a draw at home I think they''ll make it 7 for sure.

DYNAMO KIEV home WIN for me

Good luck Fellas, let''s get that "4" for you.

Hi guys thanks for all the naps so far, looking good for breaking 70!! Really honoured to be doing it again this week and I really hope we can make up for being screwed out of it last week!!

I was tempted with Colchester to beat Bradford and also Rochdale to beat FC United Manchester in the Cup, but Bradford seemed to have improved a bit lately and with the other game being a cup tie and a derby match then who knows what will happen in that one?So Groningen to beat NAC Breda for me please Nutty.

Scotland has been kind to me so far this season so I''m staying there again. Division 1 leaders Raith Rovers (5-0-1-10-3) should be too strong for Queen of South (1-2-3-5-8) so.......

Raith Rovers v Queen of South........Home win.

Good luck Leon. [Y]

I''ve been having a look around Europe for this weekend and I honestly believe we are going to have a good week this week. I was torn between half a dozen games but have finally decided to go to Belgium where Standard Liege are P7 W5 D2 L0 F16 A7 at home while their opponents Eupen are P7 W0 D1 L6 F4 A17 away. Looks a nailed on home win to me.

Standard Liege      v      Eupen      Home Win

But as always, we need that little bit of luck to go with all the good selections you PUPs are giving. Let''s hope that luck is with us this week.

Barnsley have top 6 form at home , their record is 4-2-1-14-7 so far, but travel badly. Leicester also travel badly, with an away record of 1-1-5-9-20 so far.So a home win for Barnsley please.Good luck all !