Sign in to follow this  

snakepit 1st half

Looked like a bunch of chavs getting over exited. Perhaps they should put their energy into getting behind the team and watching the game, All looked and sounded very childish.

[quote user="JF"]

Looked like a bunch of chavs getting over exited. Perhaps they should put their energy into getting behind the team and watching the game, All looked and sounded very childish.

[/quote]idiot.

[quote user="cityislife"][quote user="JF"]

[/quote]

idiot.
[/quote]

Why is he an idiot, thats what it looked like to me as well

[quote user="city4eva"][quote user="cityislife"][quote user="JF"]

[/quote]idiot.[/quote]

Why is he an idiot, thats what it looked like to me as well

[/quote]Possibly because these young lads actually DO get behind the team. I sit near them and they always add to the atmosphere of the Snakepit. Today was the work of over zealous stewarding as ever. Its been brewing for the last few matches ... the section head of the Snakepit seems to have a bit of a vendetta against these lads.

a) Your one of said Chav''s ? b) Please dont start that getting behind your team lark. Its got to be the single most daftest arguement that goes on these boards. "Im a better / bigger / more loyal fan than you because......... <insert arguement of the week / reference to vocal range / number of tattoos based around NCFC / how much you hate the binners / Which area of the ground you sit in / etc etc etc etc >"

I understand ( from being told ) that there were some serious problems in the away end after about 35 minutes under the stands, apparently a couple of Burnley fans were kicked out and a large number of Burnley fans attacked stewards / police with quite a few arrests.

There seems to be an incident most weeks now in the snakepit. I dont suppose a lot of you guys were about in the 70s / 80s when football was brought to its knees by trouble. I know you wont actually beleive this but hundreds of people died inside and outside football stadiums because of mindless idiots. Gates at every ground dropped dramatically and football grounds were not a safe place for grown men let alone families and women. Should we go back to those times I am afraid football the next time will never recover, as to wether you like it or not these people ( families ) bring 100''s of thousands into every club. Did a number of those same people in the snakepit not also try to get onto the pitch when we eqaulised, or were you all glad to see a steward so that you could pretend that as what you were going to do. To go back to the beginning if you were all as hard as you thought you were you would have done more than chanted at the stewards.

If they sat down for about ten seconds when they were asked then we wouldn`t have all the idiotic Man in  a Jacket crap.....

Unfortunately we live in a world where we are not allowed to stand in football grounds and the stewards have to enforce the legal requirement that people sit down.

Maybe if these pratts spent as much time and energy lobbying the people who can change the law (and not the stewards.) then maybe we could get standing areas !!

It only takes 12 letters to an MP before he sits up and takes notice....

[quote user="Lambert is King"]

I dont suppose a lot of you guys were about in the 70s / 80s when football was brought to its knees by trouble. I know you wont actually beleive this but hundreds of people died inside and outside football stadiums because of mindless idiots. Gates at every ground dropped dramatically and football grounds were not a safe place for grown men let alone families and women.

[/quote]

I was around then and compared to the guys around then, this bunch of idiots are nothing...At no time was the target anything but the opposition then...how ridiculous that fans are falling out with each other ....get your priorities sorted boys.

So was I! So let me get this right, the idiots today are not as ''hard'' as the idiots of the 70''s. Is that right? Or are the idiots today less of idiots than the idiots of the 70''s or are they more of idiots than the idiots of the 70''s?

Or are they just all idiots and should get back to watching the football they paid to watch?

See the common denominator here?

The commotion was about a group of young lads who sit opposite me on row L,the head steward made his minnions make a beeline straight for them and the rest of us right from kick off.OK we all know its against ground regulations to stand but this particiclar little Hitler has made it his mission to banish any form of atmosphere from the Snakepit by getting people to sit down.There was no complaints from fans around these lads and they would have sat down(evenually).These lads are the real fans who are passionate about city,I know they are all away season ticket holders as well so will be at Millwall midweek and Reading next saturday and will be standing and chanting!Credit to the Snakepit around them who were not going to have then ejected today and forced the stewards to back off.I noticed that even one of the Carrow Road men in suits had to intervein to calm the situation.Notice to Snakepit officials is that the next two home games dirty Leeds and Scum I for one will be standing throughout and giving my all!!!

I dont see why the club dont just tell the stewards to leave people alone and dont worry about standing in the barclay/snakepit. No harm will come of it. No club is ever going to have stands shut off cos of standing. West ham have the bobby moore lower and some in their west ham standing all game every game, nothings happened. Blimey The kop has a capacity of 13,000, every big game it stands, smaller game  i bet half of it stands, last i checked they are still given their safety certificate.

[quote user="snakepiter"]The commotion was about a group of young lads who sit opposite me on row L,the head steward made his minnions make a beeline straight for them and the rest of us right from kick off.OK we all know its against ground regulations to stand but this particiclar little Hitler has made it his mission to banish any form of atmosphere from the Snakepit by getting people to sit down.There was no complaints from fans around these lads and they would have sat down(evenually).These lads are the real fans who are passionate about city,I know they are all away season ticket holders as well so will be at Millwall midweek and Reading next saturday and will be standing and chanting!
Credit to the Snakepit around them who were not going to have then ejected today and forced the stewards to back off.I noticed that even one of the Carrow Road men in suits had to intervein to calm the situation.Notice to Snakepit officials is that the next two home games dirty Leeds and Scum I for one will be standing throughout and giving my all!!!
[/quote]

Nice to know the other 24000 are not real fans. As I said earlier there was as I understand real trouble in the away end as they attacked stewards and police for ejecting fans that were standing. So they must be the only real Burnley fans and the Leeds fans that are referred to as scum for doing similar things are also real fans then ?.

Just to be devils advocate were they the same real fans that complained to the stewards about Iwelumo standing in front of the snakepit so that they could not see ?. The stewards were cheered then so the difference was ? 

We are all fans and we all get behind the club, if you like to think you are a better fan than me and my family then so be it. Like I said change football back from being a family sport again and football will never recover.       

[quote user="mtv"]Can you help me here please.....what is a ''real'' supporter?[/quote]

Somebody that complains to stewards that an opposition substitute is standing  so they cant see. 

[quote user="Lambert is King"]

[quote user="mtv"]Can you help me here please.....what is a ''real'' supporter?[/quote]

Somebody that complains to stewards that an opposition substitute is standing  so they cant see. 

[/quote]I found that quite amusing, the supporters down there complained the last home game about the away subs warming up in front of them. I don''t blame them either as the new seating is a lot lower now. Not to mention it p*ssing the away players off :D

[quote user="Depraved"][quote user="Lambert is King"]

[/quote]

I found that quite amusing, the supporters down there complained the last home game about the away subs warming up in front of them. I don''t blame them either as the new seating is a lot lower now. Not to mention it p*ssing the away players off :D
[/quote]

LOL I would to other than the fact that this whole thread is the same people objecting to being told to sit down by stewards

I saw the incident when it happened and thought at the time that the main fan objecting to the stewards attention was a blonde boy who looked very young!

The question I have to ask was is he and his mates getting picked on cause they are easy obtions beings they are still young and don''t look as mean and nasty as some of the blokes who occupy the snake pit?

If this was the case then it is another case of stewards over reacting and creating a nasty situation out of nothing which would of been better handled just by doing nothing. Anyone who knows about our club will understand that the snake pit is an area of the ground where some/most of the supporters are known to stand and games and are not in the "happy clapper" category that some use to term our mild mannered fans. The stewards should also realise is and unless violence breaks out, should just leave the snake pittters to it. Same goes for the Barclay lower! 

Any form of authority will always target the easy options and the hardest options will only be tackled as a last resort. This is why the only mass ejections at Carrow Road in recent times for persistant standing was at a reserve friendly against Great Yamouth Town 2 years ago when about 20 Yarmouth fans in their teens were ejected for standing at the back of the Barclay when they wern''t actually getting in the way of any other spectator. Indeed I suspect they had taken their position in the stand for the very same reason of not obstructing anyones else view of the pitch. This incident infuriated me at the time and I told the stewards exactly what I thought about it and requested at the next home game in order to be fair and consistent they eject the 1500 who stand more often than not in the Barclay stand lower tier. I was given a none to popular answer to my request!

Comparing a bunch of kids just getting into the spirit of the Snake pit and getting targeted by the get yourself seen jacket brigade to the mindless thugs of the 70''s and much of the 80''s is wide of the mark.  

Yet more evidence showing how wrong it is for the authories to completely outlaw areas of football grounds specifically designed for safe standing, something that standing behind a seat which acts as a trip hazard isn''t!

The Hillsborough disaster wasn''t caused by standing areas. Police and other ground control staff errors combined with fences and penned of areas were to blame.

A simple solution would be to allow some areas of safe standing at football grounds in lower tiers, in our case the snake pit and the Barclay lower tier. The areas would hold no more than what they would as a seated area. Every spectator would have their own numbered crush barrier to stand behind which would prevent any surges.

A simple solution to a dilemma that is not going to go away however much the misguided authorites want it too - Some fans at all grounds in the Country wish to stand at games even though its now 18 years since proper standing areas went at Carrow Road and fans who wern''t even born then (like the young''uns targeted yesterday I suspect!) would rather stand!

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

I saw the incident when it happened and thought at the time that the main fan objecting to the stewards attention was a blonde boy who looked very young!

The question I have to ask was is he and his mates getting picked on cause they are easy obtions beings they are still young and don''t look as mean and nasty as some of the blokes who occupy the snake pit?

If this was the case then it is another case of stewards over reacting and creating a nasty situation out of nothing which would of been better handled just by doing nothing. Anyone who knows about our club will understand that the snake pit is an area of the ground where some/most of the supporters are known to stand and games and are not in the "happy clapper" category that some use to term our mild mannered fans. The stewards should also realise is and unless violence breaks out, should just leave the snake pittters to it. Same goes for the Barclay lower! 

Any form of authority will always target the easy options and the hardest options will only be tackled as a last resort. This is why the only mass ejections at Carrow Road in recent times for persistant standing was at a reserve friendly against Great Yamouth Town 2 years ago when about 20 Yarmouth fans in their teens were ejected for standing at the back of the Barclay when they wern''t actually getting in the way of any other spectator. Indeed I suspect they had taken their position in the stand for the very same reason of not obstructing anyones else view of the pitch. This incident infuriated me at the time and I told the stewards exactly what I thought about it and requested at the next home game in order to be fair and consistent they eject the 1500 who stand more often than not in the Barclay stand lower tier. I was given a none to popular answer to my request!

Comparing a bunch of kids just getting into the spirit of the Snake pit and getting targeted by the get yourself seen jacket brigade to the mindless thugs of the 70''s and much of the 80''s is wide of the mark.  

Yet more evidence showing how wrong it is for the authories to completely outlaw areas of football grounds specifically designed for safe standing, something that standing behind a seat which acts as a trip hazard isn''t!

The Hillsborough disaster wasn''t caused by standing areas. Police and other ground control staff errors combined with fences and penned of areas were to blame.

A simple solution would be to allow some areas of safe standing at football grounds in lower tiers, in our case the snake pit and the Barclay lower tier. The areas would hold no more than what they would as a seated area. Every spectator would have their own numbered crush barrier to stand behind which would prevent any surges.

A simple solution to a dilemma that is not going to go away however much the misguided authorites want it too - Some fans at all grounds in the Country wish to stand at games even though its now 18 years since proper standing areas went at Carrow Road and fans who wern''t even born then (like the young''uns targeted yesterday I suspect!) would rather stand!

[/quote]Great post GRD.

A simple solution would be, that individuals abide by the rules and regulations pertaining to behaviour expected of supporters - within the stadium....

Why should a ''rowdy'' corner of the stadium have special preference over the rest of the well-behaved support in the other stands within Carra?

Things are not as black and white as that Mello and the fans that stand more often than not in the Snak pit and the Barclay aren''t going to all of a sudden revert to never standing up. Afterall we''re 18 years down the line from 1992 when proper standing areas were at Carrow Road and that timescale hasn''t dampened the desire for some to stand up in these areas.

Which is exatly the point I made in my previous post. A bit of understanding and better man management from the men in flourescent jackets would of prevented yesterdays scenes in the Snakepit!

This old chestnut just keeps rolling along.........If the seats are there to be sat on and if the rules are to be enforced then they should be enforced fairly. The stewards seem to '' have it in '' for some sections of the Snakepit because of a previous '' run in '' with people in there but they''re hopeless inconsistent as they allow a large numbers of fans in the Lower Barclay to stand throughout the game completely undisturbed.As for the stewards controlling away fans inside the stadium that really is a joke. Surely NCFC can see that it''s wrong to clamp down on small away followings - although I''m not surprised there was trouble in the stand yesterday judging by the size of some of those Burnley supporters -  yet when Ipswich, Leeds and Millwall visit us the orange jackets will be keeping a very low profile indeed !!It''s a pity the the away seats can''t be easily removed for those three matches as it''d probably save the Club a small fortune in replacing those ripped off and hauled back by the trogs to their caves.......

I sat very close, and basically one certain steward seems to have a thing about one of the young lads, and thinks its ok to pull him about, grab his arm etc for not sittting down, where there are clearly a large number of other people standing around him.

Its not a major problem, just annoying that the barclay are sanding with nothing being done about that.. if its one rule for them, it should be the same for us..

I can guarentee (sp?) they wont be telling us to sit down for the ipswich/Leeds matchs..

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

Things are not as black and white as that Mello and the fans that stand more often than not in the Snak pit and the Barclay aren''t going to all of a sudden revert to never standing up. Afterall we''re 18 years down the line from 1992 when proper standing areas were at Carrow Road and that timescale hasn''t dampened the desire for some to stand up in these areas.

Which is exatly the point I made in my previous post. A bit of understanding and better man management from the men in flourescent jackets would of prevented yesterdays scenes in the Snakepit!

[/quote]

In 1992 a large percentage of those who now stand in the Barclay and the snake-pit, were either a twinkle in their parent''s eyes, a tadpole racing for pole-position, an embryo, a young toddler (or maybe attending infant school). I stood on the terraces in the old Barclay and always thoroughly enjoyed the the experiences and atmosphere..... 

I don''t object to folk standing if the do so wish....as long as it doesn''t affect other supporters enjoyment or impair their view.....I recently stood at QPR away, because everyone else was standing - and so as I could watch the action (and the QPR stewards were cool about it)..... I stand at away games if a large majority of our support do - and the stewards don''t object....

I''m sure there''s more to the ''situation, incident or event'' in the snake-pit yesterday - than just some young folk standing.....

Nobody stands where I sit at Carra, unless there''s something exciting that makes one rise to their feet.....there are many of us that are vocal and the occasional expletive is voiced....But it''s all down to one''s behaviour and attitude....

Givin'' it large, unable to handle booze. Then attempting to impress your mates or acting like a complete and utter tool is usually what draws attention from those ''jobsworths'' employed by the club to maintain order and safety.....They aren''t there to spoil your experience and fun......If you give them the ammo.....you''ll get a warning or maybe ejected.....I won''t give any sympathy....

OK,OK so the term '' real supporters'' is  a bit ambiguous to other City supporters,my point is this group of young lads are passionate and like to keep the '' vocal'' support going in the Snakepit when things are a bit quiet on and off the pitch.The other post is right in the fact that the head steward has it in for the one particular lad.His ''hands on'' approach is seriously winding up other people in the pit, and the club might well look at deploying him to another part of the ground.Point made bring on dirty Leeds and the Scum!

[quote user="SnakePit Lassy"]I sat very close, and basically one certain steward seems to have a thing about one of the young lads, and thinks its ok to pull him about, grab his arm etc for not sittting down, where there are clearly a large number of other people standing around him. Its not a major problem, just annoying that the barclay are sanding with nothing being done about that.. if its one rule for them, it should be the same for us.. I can guarentee (sp?) they wont be telling us to sit down for the ipswich/Leeds matchs..[/quote]

This is an interesting phenomenon Isn''t it??.  There does seem to be particular games against certain clubs where a steward Isn''t seen all match and fans are left to stand if they want for the entire 90 mins!. So before anyone else spouts on this thread the usual rubbish , "stewards are only doing their job as there are regulations inside the stadium blah blah blah", should ask themselves why it is that they appear to pick and choose which matches they are enforcing this?. It''s either a law or it Isn''t , if they don''t deem it necessary to enforce it against Ipswich and Leeds then it''s not necessary at any other match.

My own guess is that these flourescent jacketed little Hitlers like to flex their muscles at more low profile games but realise that they are fighting a losing battle during a big match such as a local derby.

one other thing, if there was trouble between stewards and Burnley fans at half time then those stewards got everything they deserve, from where I sit the stewards at Carrow Rd are as unnessessarily heavy-handed toward away fans as at any away ground I''ve been at, at times its actually quite embarrassing and shames our club.