Sign in to follow this  
Beauseant

Come and meet Kevin Drinkell and Ken Brown

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="nutty nigel"][

The answers were brief and plain for all to see. You probably didn''t like them. You also probably consider that whilst I should answer every one of your questions you are under no obligation to answer mine. But I''ll keep trying and you can''t get briefer than 2 word answers......

When Gordon Bennett left and Doomcaster was elevated from Company solicitor to Chief Executive and then subsequently made a director who gave him those jobs? May i suggest it was the majority shareholders?

He wasn''t.

Who gave Gunny the managers job second time around in May 2009? No doubt you will tell me the majority shareholders played no part.

The owners.

In the interest of fairness would you tell me what you would have done instead of appointing Gunny in May 2009?

[/quote]

Swerved as only you can in a manner that is exclusive to you Nutty.I take it as far as Doomcaster is concerned bringing Bob the Grocer into it and then throwing what Duncan might or might not think into the mix is termed as answering whether Delia and MWJ played a significant part in his metioric rise from office boy to Chief Executive and then subsequently his appointment as a director.

Now in the interests of fairness as you put it with regards to the disaster that was Bryan Gunn the manager is concerned and feel free to call me old fashioned how about.....invite applications followed by a few interviews or heaven forbid a bit of head hunting.Now if you are struggling with that last bit just think about the McNally and Lambert scenario.I will be the first to admit that the applications and interview technique failed miserably in recent years but just to throw the towel in and give it back to the man who had just failed is beyond me.So in a nutshell i would actively have looked for a replacement one way or another which unless i am mistaken did not happen.

[/quote]

How was that swerved? Do you honestly believe you are entitled to post any old shyte and folk have to believe it? Delia and Michael invited Bob the Grocer anto the board. Then when Barry Lockwood left Cooper took over as Chairman. When Gordon Bennett went to Aberdeen Cooper took over as CE. I don''t remember any protests from those who always know best but I do remember it being suggested that Cooper and Hamilton were like "bosom buddies". However, Cooper ran the club for two years and for those who judge purely on the success of the team he certainly did well. If I remember rightly he left after the play off final in 2002.

Now Tilly what I don''t understand about you lot who always seem to know best is how do you convince yourself you are right all the time? Even when it doesn''t make any sense. I find it absolutely incredible that you can go back in time and criticise your latest hate figure for something you were perfectly happy with at the time. Do you realise that it''s 10 years since Gordon Bennett walked out the door and for all that time I never heard a peep from you lot. 2002 Play Offs - you were happy. 2004 Championship - you were happy. 2006 you were protesting again but only about Worthington. In fact nCIsA made it plain that they wanted no protest to include the majority shareholders becaue "they have done so much for the club"! It wasn''t ''til well after that we started to hear it was all Doncaster''s fault and we didn''t see you getting your teeth into Smith & Jones until after Doncaster had gone. And yet when I challenge you about any of it you reckon you were always right. Everytime. Never got it wrong. Always knew best......................

So if you''d been running the club in May 2009 you would have looked for a replacement football manager before you looked for new executive management? Good move! Talk about putting the cart before the horse! I suppose it would have been someone like Peter Grant? The guy you reckoned was so much better than Worthy! And then you''d have been interviewing for new CE''s telling them you''d already chosen the new football manager! The saddest thing is you would have done exactly what you accuse Delia of doing! But then it would have been ok, wouldn''t it? Because you always know best!

[/quote]

You really have lost the plot because you are now trying to say that i would have been wrong to pick a new manager before new Executive Management but forgive is that not exactly what happened because unless i am wrong Gunn Mk 2 was appointed before McNally and Bowkett plotted up at Carrow Road.

This is sooooo silly,Mr I Am Always Right handing out lessons in hindsight to who he sees as Mr Always Knows Best.

So to help your case along you now drag into it Hamilton and Lockwood.Oh yes Hamilton now i wonder where the blame lays for his appointment and before you said it NCISA did make representations to Bob the Grocer about where that fool was taking us.Roy,Mike Lloyd and myself sat in his office and were told and i quote " make no mistake Bryan will take this club to better times".

What the hell Barry Lockwood has been mentioned for God only knows.I am amazed Gavin Patterson has not popped up in one of your posts but i will give it time.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

You really have lost the plot because you are now trying to say that i would have been wrong to pick a new manager before new Executive Management but forgive is that not exactly what happened because unless i am wrong Gunn Mk 2 was appointed before McNally and Bowkett plotted up at Carrow Road.

[/quote]

If you remember Gunny went to the remaining contracted players directly after the defeat at Charlton and asked them if they were going to stay and fight to get back to the Champs or bail out. Croft was always going to bail out. Marshall went as did Clingan. I am given to understand that talks were already going on with Grant Holt. Hoolahan obviously was quite prepared to stay and play for Gunny. Martin and Spillane were quite prepared to come back and play for Gunny. Nelson signed to play for Gunny. Their way meant the club carried on while a search for new Executive Management took place. Gunny only had a years contract but giving him that contract meant the club functioned until the new CE was appointed.

Your way would have been for them to go through the interviewing and appointing of a new football manager and giving him the contract that was neccessary to get him, before the new executive management came to the club. Please tell me you''re not serious!

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

This is sooooo silly,Mr I Am Always Right handing out lessons in hindsight to who he sees as Mr Always Knows Best.

So to help your case along you now drag into it Hamilton and Lockwood.Oh yes Hamilton now i wonder where the blame lays for his appointment and before you said it NCISA did make representations to Bob the Grocer about where that fool was taking us.Roy,Mike Lloyd and myself sat in his office and were told and i quote " make no mistake Bryan will take this club to better times".

What the hell Barry Lockwood has been mentioned for God only knows.I am amazed Gavin Patterson has not popped up in one of your posts but i will give it time.

[/quote]

The only reason we went back 10 years was because you mentioned Gordon Bennett! Why did you if you don''t want to go there? Do you ever admit you''re wrong about anything???

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

The only reason we went back 10 years was because you mentioned Gordon Bennett! Why did you if you don''t want to go there? Do you ever admit you''re wrong about anything???

[/quote]

And blame!! Why do you continually have to blame someone for something? As soon as you get disappointed about a few football results you look for blame. You have to have a scapegoat!

[/quote]

[/quote]

The irony of "do you ever admit you''re wrong about anything ???" has done my head in and i just cannot take you seriously anymore.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

And blame!! Why do you continually have to blame someone for something? As soon as you get disappointed about a few football results you look for blame. You have to have a scapegoat!

[/quote]

I cannot be asked to repond as i will be wrong.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

The irony of "do you ever admit you''re wrong about anything ???" has done my head in and i just cannot take you seriously anymore.

[/quote]

I''m off to bed. Sweet dreams Tilly. It doesn''t harm anyone to admit they were wrong sometimes. It''s ok keeping it on the messageboard but your so convinced you know best that you hire out St Andrews Hall to prove it.

[/quote]

If you remember Gunny went to the remaining contracted players directly after the defeat at Charlton and asked them if they were going to stay and fight to get back to the Champs or bail out. Croft was always going to bail out. Marshall went as did Clingan. I am given to understand that talks were already going on with Grant Holt. Hoolahan obviously was quite prepared to stay and play for Gunny. Martin and Spillane were quite prepared to come back and play for Gunny. Nelson signed to play for Gunny. Their way meant the club carried on while a search for new Executive Management took place. Gunny only had a years contract but giving him that contract meant the club functioned until the new CE was appointed.

Your way would have been for them to go through the interviewing and appointing of a new football manager and giving him the contract that was neccessary to get him, before the new executive management came to the club. Please tell me you''re not serious!

[/quote]

I cannot be asked to respond as i will be wrong but with regard to your inclusion of Holt was he not yet to play in the 2009 Div 2 Play Off Final for Shrewsbury which they lost 1-0 to Gillingham.Very surprised that we had a finger in the pie prior to that match if what you are saying is correct.

Oh silly me you are always right.[:P][;)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I''m mello yello and I hide behind my internet name in Norwich so my real marras still believe I support the toon. Look how funny I am...

I''ve got a fan club now... wanna see ''em???

Cluckin Nora and the Serial Complainer Tilly  the man who always "knows best"

[/quote]

....Yup....

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]You mean you ever did?

And still the "Simple Simons" carry on. Poking fun at the nutty one because they believe they should be allowed to make up any old shyte and post it as fact to back up their ridiclously biased and far fetched views about their latest hate figure at the club. Look what we have here - A self confessed troll and shyte stirrer, a Newcastle fan who enjoys taking the pee out of his "adopted club" because he now happens to live here and a few members of nCIsA who now have an agenda against the majority shareholders for reasons they either make up or don''t want to divulge. Delia Smith must feel as though she has a few hundred mother-in-laws, all knowing best. Ironically it''s best described as a bunch of well-meaning amateurs trying to force their views on professional experienced business people. All credit to Delia that she still invites you all to tea once in a while!

[/quote]

[/quote]

I cannot be asked to respond as i will be wrong but with regard to your inclusion of Holt was he not yet to play in the 2009 Div 2 Play Off Final for Shrewsbury which they lost 1-0 to Gillingham.Very surprised that we had a finger in the pie prior to that match if what you are saying is correct.

[/quote]

When Grant Holt was in court a couple of months ago he publicly stated that he was already in talks to sign for Norwich before we had even been relegated.

He told the court that at the time of the offence he had been preparing for an important play-off final for Shrewsbury Town and was in the process of securing a move to Norwich.

There it is Tilly old boy. In the italic language of those who know best[;)]

The full report can be found here : -

http://services.pinkun.com/FORUMS/PINKUN/CS/forums/2258100/ShowPost.aspx

Now do you still believe that the football manager should have been thrown out with the executive management, putting at risk the entire transfer window and the the players contracted with us at the time? And before you wriggle, and tell me a caretaker could have done that, ask yourself if a much sought after striker with a proven goalscoring record would have committed his future to a club with no management whatsoever and having no clue when there would be any management or who that management might be.

And still the "Simple Simons" carry on. Poking fun at the nutty one because they believe they should be allowed to make up any old shyte and post it as fact to back up their ridiclously biased and far fetched views about their latest hate figure at the club. Look what we have here - A self confessed troll and shyte stirrer, a Newcastle fan who enjoys taking the pee out of his "adopted club" because he now happens to live here and a few members of nCIsA who now have an agenda against the majority shareholders for reasons they either make up or don''t want to divulge. Delia Smith must feel as though she has a few hundred mother-in-laws, all knowing best. Ironically it''s best described as a bunch of well-meaning amateurs trying to force their views on professional experienced business people. All credit to Delia that she still invites you all to tea once in a while!

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

When Grant Holt was in court a couple of months ago he publicly stated that he was already in talks to sign for Norwich before we had even been relegated.

He told the court that at the time of the offence he had been preparing for an important play-off final for Shrewsbury Town and was in the process of securing a move to Norwich.

Now do you still believe that the football manager should have been thrown out with the executive management, putting at risk the entire transfer window and the the players contracted with us at the time? And before you wriggle, and tell me a caretaker could have done that, ask yourself if a much sought after striker with a proven goalscoring record would have committed his future to a club with no management whatsoever and having no clue when there would be any management or who that management might be.

[/quote]

Again you try and drag NCISA into the argument WHY?

This thread started off as something FREE,  a good night out for NCISA members and you are ending it accusing the organisation of anything that crosses your mind again.

I will just remind everyone that Friday night  the 26th is still on. Oh and that the committee will be needed after the question and answer session for the black magic and human sacrifice as usual. [:D]

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Again you try and drag NCISA into the argument WHY?

This thread started off as something FREE,  a good night out for NCISA members and you are ending it accusing the organisation of anything that crosses your mind again.

I will just remind everyone that Friday night  the 26th is still on. Oh and that the committee will be needed after the question and answer session for the black magic and human sacrifice as usual. [:D]

[/quote]He accused THE PURISTS of being many things Butler.... and they never existed.What hope of you got then eh?  [:)]

[quote user="Beauseant"]Bump for an answer.[/quote]

It having nothing to do with NCISA is what you''d like to believe now Butler, I guess because there is now a possibility the nutty one could be right. But go back a few pages and the NCISA were pestering me for the answers I am now giving.

"Hev yer gotta loight boy?"

"Do you know what that cranky postie is singing about, Terry?"

"Naw Bob, they''re all a bit strange from down there".....

It having nothing to do with NCISA is what you''d like to believe now Butler, I guess because there is now a possibility the nutty one could be right. But go back a few pages and the NCISA were pestering me for the answers I am now giving.

[/quote]

I have missed something Nutty

Please point out where "we have an agenda against Delia" I just can''t remember that bit in our aims and targets.

Or is that the same bit where you didn''t vote against Gunn, you didn''t vote against the board and you didn''t vote to take (or take) your rebate.

Please explain right about what, your opinion, well YOU will always be right about your opinion. If the logic of it leaves us poor mortals not comprehending it that''s not your fault is it.

[/quote]

" But go back a few pages and the NCISA were pestering me for the answers i am now giving" this smacks to me of Tilly,The Butler and Beau being viewed by Nutty as official NCISA posters not as INDIVIDUALS chatting on a fans forum.

Nutty it just so happens that we are NCISA members so do we take it that if you are a member of The Monster Raving Loony Party (probably an ill thought out example in your case[;)]) your responses are to be taken by us as being pestered by TMRLP

[/quote]

Please point out where "we have an agenda against Delia" I just can''t remember that bit in our aims and targets.

Or is that the same bit where you didn''t vote against Gunn, you didn''t vote against the board and you didn''t vote to take (or take) your rebate.

Please explain right about what, your opinion, well YOU will always be right about your opinion. If the logic of it leaves us poor mortals not comprehending it that''s not your fault is it.

[/quote]

Standby Butler for the old chestnut....".you are not reading my posts correctly." dar de dar de dar.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Every single time we go back to that. "Go on nutty, tell everyone which way you voted" and everytime I do it you ignore it and then when the simple simons get in a hole ask again. Here it is, just one more time, I suggest you jot it down somewhere so you don''t have to ask again.

I voted against the re-appointment of Gunn. I now believe I was wrong.

I voted no confidence in the board left running the club. I said at the time that I did have confidence in the Majority Shareholders as owners.

I voted to take my rebate. What''s more I have never criticised anybody else who took theirs.

Now you know all of that is true because you sat next to me so try and remember it this time. I would put it on my sig but it won''t fit without removing the important stuff.

Did you miss anything?? Well it looks like you missed the last 18 months. Can''t you look back and see what has happened and consider that just maybe you could have been wrong? Is there a crime in being a well meaning amateur and calling it wrong? Perhaps that''s where mello gets the idea all Norfolk people are simpletons[:O]

Look at the history of nCIsA that I quoted to Tilly. How they moved seamlessly from one target to the next as things got worse and worse. If you build this new NCISA on the base of the old nCIsA then when that falls down it will take you with it. I don''t care about that but I do care about the football club and I do feel that if something is quoted as being a fact the onus is on the poster to ensure it is a fact.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="The Butler"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Every single time we go back to that. "Go on nutty, tell everyone which way you voted" and everytime I do it you ignore it and then when the simple simons get in a hole ask again. Here it is, just one more time, I suggest you jot it down somewhere so you don''t have to ask again.

I voted no confidence in the board left running the club. I said at the time that I did have confidence in the Majority Shareholders as owners.

I voted to take my rebate. What''s more I have never criticised anybody else who took theirs.

Now you know all of that is true because you sat next to me so try and remember it this time. I would put it on my sig but it won''t fit without removing the important stuff.

Did you miss anything?? Well it looks like you missed the last 18 months. Can''t you look back and see what has happened and consider that just maybe you could have been wrong? Is there a crime in being a well meaning amateur and calling it wrong? Perhaps that''s where mello gets the idea all Norfolk people are simpletons[:O]

Look at the history of nCIsA that I quoted to Tilly. How they moved seamlessly from one target to the next as things got worse and worse. If you build this new NCISA on the base of the old nCIsA then when that falls down it will take you with it. I don''t care about that but I do care about the football club and I do feel that if something is quoted as being a fact the onus is on the poster to ensure it is a fact.

[/quote]

Err What.

Did you read my post?

Fight!           Fight!!           Fight!!!

Fight in the inner circle!!!!

Dear oh dear, whatever next?

[;)]

OTBC

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="The Butler"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Err What.

Did you read my post?

[/quote]

"Just you wait Butler.........I''ll be calling you a Newcastle fan next!"

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Bump for an answer is the correct phrase I believe Tilly old boy[;)]

Just a reminder that there will be a question and answer session with City legends Kevin Drinkell and Ken Brown on Friday 26th November at Number 10 Bowling Centre, Bowthorpe, starting at 7.30. Entry is free for Ncisa members and non members can join on the door for just £5.

( for those who haven''t lost the will to live)

[quote user="Beauseant"]

Just a reminder that there will be a question and answer session with City legends Kevin Drinkell and Ken Brown on Friday 26th November at Number 10 Bowling Centre, Bowthorpe, starting at 7.30. Entry is free for Ncisa members and non members can join on the door for just £5.

[/quote]

---

Perhaps it might be as well to give in to the inevitable and rebrand it as a debate between the various particpants on this thread.[:D][;)][:D]

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

---

Perhaps it might be as well to give in to the inevitable and rebrand it as a debate between the various particpants on this thread.[:D][;)][:D]

[/quote]

We will be organising a further forum after Christmas which will involve Tilly and Nutty in a winner takes all mud wrestling competition. Naked[+o(]

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

---

[/quote]

Messy!!!, bit too scary for me!. 

As an alternative how about the two of them could give us a repertoire of their extensive wardrobes in a catwalk show for charity perhaps to support Comic Relief?!?!?

We will be organising a further forum after Christmas which will involve Tilly and Nutty in a winner takes all mud wrestling competition. Naked[+o(]

[/quote]

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

---

[/quote]

[/quote]

Messy!!!, bit too scary for me!. 

As an alternative how about the two of them could give us a repertoire of their extensive wardrobes in a catwalk show for charity perhaps to support Comic Relief?!?!?