Sign in to follow this  
Beauseant

Come and meet Kevin Drinkell and Ken Brown

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

How disappointing to see this Nuttython thread has taken so long to get to a miserable five pages[;)]

Now as a card carrying member of the You Have Not Read My Posts Properly can you just make this clear for me Nutty.?.............Smith and Jones as owners of the club are not be be seen as the same as Executive Management.So are you saying that owners who are also directors are not to be viewed in the same light as Executive Management who are also directors as far as votes of no confidence go?

Corrct me if i am wrong but both Doomcaster and McNally were and are both Executive Management and directors.So it was fair to have a vote of no confidence in Doomcaster but Smith and Jones were not blameworthy.Interesting!

I will be back in about another five pages as i am confused and need a lay down.[:P]

[/quote]

Well now, I really am beginning to get the feeling that I am at the mad hatters tea party once again! Only now I prefer to call it ''The nutty nigels and the simple simons"![:P]

Simple Simons : "Hev yew sin wot that nutty ''as posted agen?? (snigger snigger) ''e finks that a vote of no confidence in the board running the club is different to a vote  of no confidence in wicked cook and ''er old man owning it, (chortle chortle) nutty by name nutty by nature thass ''im!!"

nutty nigel : "Well I can see the difference because I had no confidence in the way the club was being run but every confidence in Smith & Jones as owners. Just like the open letter from Bowkett and Bertram was a criticism of the board not the owners."

Simple Simons: "(Guffaw guffaw) yew hear that??? now ''e reckun that there letter had nuffen to wiv ''is idol the cook!!! The man''s tapped I tell you!!" (And even more simple simons join in the fun)

nutty nigel : "I can clearly see the difference between owning the club and running the club. I run a social club but I don''t own it. Those who own it don''t run it. I am not and never will be the owner. But any mismanagement will be my responsibility and it wouldn''t be right to blame the owners unless it was for giving me the job in the first place."

Simple Simons : "Woss ''e on about now?? we''re getting well fed up of this now, it''s all down to the wicked cook and her cohorts and ''e''s just a flip flop !"

nutty nigel : "I can quite clearly differentiate between running the club and owning the club. Despite what you guys say I believe that Bowkett also saw a difference when that letter was sent. So if you really and honestly can''t see  the  difference and can''t see my point then we''ll leave it there."

Simplest Simon : "Now as a card carrying member of the You Have Not Read My Posts Properly can you just make this clear for me Nutty.?.............Smith and Jones as owners of the club are not be be seen as the same as Executive Management.So are you saying that owners who are also directors are not to be viewed in the same light as Executive Management who are also directors as far as votes of no confidence go?"

nutty nigel : "That''s exactly what I''m saying. What''s wrong with that[:^)] "

To be continued, probably for another 20 pages much to the amusement of the Simple Simons and the frustration of the nutty nigel.....

[;)][:P]

Are you honestly suggesting that the majority shareholders do not run the club on a day to day basis?

Clearly they do as the appointments of Grant, Roeder and Gunn show. They got lucky with Worthington (the cheap option) and it was only when they got lucky again with the appointment of McNally that things really changed. To summarise recent appointments:

Doncaster-Delia

Worthington-Luck

Grant-Delia

Roeder-Delia

Gunn-Delia

McNally-Luck

Lambert-McNally

Turners....???

Mind, they''d have stuck in millions if it wasn''t for....

And that Cullum fellow...someone obviously choked him off...

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

How disappointing to see this Nuttython thread has taken so long to get to a miserable five pages[;)]

Now as a card carrying member of the You Have Not Read My Posts Properly can you just make this clear for me Nutty.?.............Smith and Jones as owners of the club are not be be seen as the same as Executive Management.So are you saying that owners who are also directors are not to be viewed in the same light as Executive Management who are also directors as far as votes of no confidence go?

Corrct me if i am wrong but both Doomcaster and McNally were and are both Executive Management and directors.So it was fair to have a vote of no confidence in Doomcaster but Smith and Jones were not blameworthy.Interesting!

I will be back in about another five pages as i am confused and need a lay down.[:P]

[/quote]

Well now, I really am beginning to get the feeling that I am at the mad hatters tea party once again! Only now I prefer to call it ''The nutty nigels and the simple simons"![:P]

Simple Simons : "Hev yew sin wot that nutty ''as posted agen?? (snigger snigger) ''e finks that a vote of no confidence in the board running the club is different to a vote  of no confidence in wicked cook and ''er old man owning it, (chortle chortle) nutty by name nutty by nature thass ''im!!"

nutty nigel : "Well I can see the difference because I had no confidence in the way the club was being run but every confidence in Smith & Jones as owners. Just like the open letter from Bowkett and Bertram was a criticism of the board not the owners."

Simple Simons: "(Guffaw guffaw) yew hear that??? now ''e reckun that there letter had nuffen to wiv ''is idol the cook!!! The man''s tapped I tell you!!" (And even more simple simons join in the fun)

nutty nigel : "I can clearly see the difference between owning the club and running the club. I run a social club but I don''t own it. Those who own it don''t run it. I am not and never will be the owner. But any mismanagement will be my responsibility and it wouldn''t be right to blame the owners unless it was for giving me the job in the first place."

Simple Simons : "Woss ''e on about now?? we''re getting well fed up of this now, it''s all down to the wicked cook and her cohorts and ''e''s just a flip flop !"

nutty nigel : "I can quite clearly differentiate between running the club and owning the club. Despite what you guys say I believe that Bowkett also saw a difference when that letter was sent. So if you really and honestly can''t see  the  difference and can''t see my point then we''ll leave it there."

Simplest Simon : "Now as a card carrying member of the You Have Not Read My Posts Properly can you just make this clear for me Nutty.?.............Smith and Jones as owners of the club are not be be seen as the same as Executive Management.So are you saying that owners who are also directors are not to be viewed in the same light as Executive Management who are also directors as far as votes of no confidence go?"

To be continued, probably for another 20 pages much to the amusement of the Simple Simons and the frustration of the nutty nigel.....

[/quote]

+ = Pure pump.....Is it just me?

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]Jesus Christ... imagine getting stuck in a lift with that tw@t............  

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="Cluckbert Chase"][quote user="The Butler"]

[quote user="Beauseant"]I smell a new bromance [{][}].....although I do feel a bit left out[U][W][/quote]

It''s just respect for one''s old CO. You youngsters wouldn''t understand that[;)]

[/quote]

Butler..... I''m getting a good vibe and am genuinely impressed by your stoicism when it comes to criticism on here. Whether I''m suitable to be part of the ''establishment'' is seriously open to question.  [;)]

[/quote]

Suitability, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.[;)]

Better to be a rebel with a cause and a means to try and change things than to rage at a no feling brick wall.

As chairman (or acting at least) it would be great to welcome you as a comrade in arms (again) and to have the benefits of your experience (however radical)

If you don''t have all views how can anybody hope make the right decisions.[:D]

[/quote]

Now this kind offer extend to me? I''m still a proud man but I''m not in a position to turn down the offer of a free ride. I could help your cause. I just need an assurance that the rump of the old Chase Out Group has been removed. I could never sit round the same table as them. If they are now banished, never to return, we could be rebels together. Comrades in arms giving the current lot a taste of the medicine I recieved from your predecessors.

[quote user="Bob The Builder"][quote user="The Butler"][quote user="Cluckbert Chase"][quote user="The Butler"]

[quote user="Beauseant"]I smell a new bromance [{][}].....although I do feel a bit left out[U][W][/quote]

It''s just respect for one''s old CO. You youngsters wouldn''t understand that[;)]

[/quote]Butler..... I''m getting a good vibe and am genuinely impressed by your stoicism when it comes to criticism on here. Whether I''m suitable to be part of the ''establishment'' is seriously open to question.  [;)]

[/quote]

Suitability, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.[;)]

Better to be a rebel with a cause and a means to try and change things than to rage at a no feling brick wall.

As chairman (or acting at least) it would be great to welcome you as a comrade in arms (again) and to have the benefits of your experience (however radical)

If you don''t have all views how can anybody hope make the right decisions.[:D]

[/quote]

Now this kind offer extend to me? I''m still a proud man but I''m not in a position to turn down the offer of a free ride. I could help your cause. I just need an assurance that the rump of the old Chase Out Group has been removed. I could never sit round the same table as them. If they are now banished, never to return, we could be rebels together. Comrades in arms giving the current lot a taste of the medicine I recieved from your predecessors.

[/quote]They would''t taste the medicine I''d have in mind ......Reality Brand Suppositories shoved firmly up their arses..... sideways..

[quote user="Cluckbert Chase"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

And even more simple simons join in the fun

[/quote]

[/quote]

Jesus Christ... imagine getting stuck in a lift with that tw@t............  
[/quote]

Just as the nutty prophet had foretold it came to pass.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Cluckbert Chase"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

And even more simple simons join in the fun

[/quote]

[/quote]

Jesus Christ... imagine getting stuck in a lift with that tw@t............  
[/quote]

Just as the nutty prophet had foretold it came to pass.

[/quote]

More a case of a Nut with a prophylactic over his forehead...........talking out of his a$$.....

Now then Nutmeister you really have lost the plot so just a couple of simple questions.

1.When Gordon Bennett left and Doomcaster was elevated from Company solicitor to Chief Executive and then subsequently made a director who gave him those jobs? May i suggest it was the majority shareholders?

2.Who gave Gunny the managers job second time around in May 2009? No doubt you will tell me the majority shareholders played no part.

Now a simple reply of no more than say 50 words will suffice without any attempt at humour or smilies all over the page.

The Simplest Simon :   When Gordon Bennett left and Doomcaster was elevated from Company solicitor to Chief Executive and then subsequently made a director who gave him those jobs? May i suggest it was the majority shareholders?

The nuttiest nigel :  When Gordon Bennett left Bob The Grocer took on his duties as CE. Who appointed him? On young Duncan''s table would that be Delia or luck?

The Simplest Simon :  Who gave Gunny the managers job second time around in May 2009? No doubt you will tell me the majority shareholders played no part.

The nuttiest nigel :  We''ve been there. The board who were left at the time, which basically was the same as the owners. I''ve asked on many occasions what was the alternative. What would you have done?

One serious question:

Honestly why should the club listen to NCISA?

You have at a very generous estimation 1.4% (400/25000 *100)of the fan base as members. Your aiming ambitiously for 4% (1000/25000*100). Honestly I think if it wasn''t for Archant asking Kathy and Tilly for quotes so they can publish such headlines as "NCISA says: Vuvuzela''s are noisy!" and "Rebate: Take it baaaaaaack!", NCISA would be on the same level as the Capital Canaries. You both have AGM''s that attract board members. I wouldn''t think that membership between the two is that different numbers wise in terms of the fan base as a whole.

Only difference is the Capital Canaries seem to be a social group, NCISA seem to be a two headed dog trying to make it''s mind up which way it''s going.

Davo

[quote user="Davo"]One serious question: Honestly why should the club listen to NCISA? You have at a very generous estimation 1.4% (400/25000 *100)of the fan base as members. Your aiming ambitiously for 4% (1000/25000*100). Honestly I think if it wasn''t for Archant asking Kathy and Tilly for quotes so they can publish such headlines as "NCISA says: Vuvuzela''s are noisy!" and "Rebate: Take it baaaaaaack!", NCISA would be on the same level as the Capital Canaries. You both have AGM''s that attract board members. I wouldn''t think that membership between the two is that different numbers wise in terms of the fan base as a whole. Only difference is the Capital Canaries seem to be a social group, NCISA seem to be a two headed dog trying to make it''s mind up which way it''s going. Davo[/quote]

Davo, in answer to your first question I would refer you back to the Huckerby''s Boots podcast I did after the Boro game where I made the point that we needed to be bigger to get the club''s attention, hence the recruitment drive. We would like to have closer links and a working relationship with other supporters groups as we move into a new era.

I do, however, strongly refute the suggestion that we are a two headed dog. I would hope that our various communications and the debates on here have made it clear that we know exactly what we are trying to achieve, and that this involves a significant social element. Regardless of their views on the club and its policies, anyone can join Ncisa for Â£5 a year and be entered in the free draw for tickets for home games, have free entry to the programme of fan forums that we hope to run quarterly, involving former players and local personalities, as well as access to the various discount deals we are able to negotiate, in addition to which we are currently working on subsidised transport to away games. I would strongly suggest that this is a very, very good deal.

Finally, it''s also worth reiterating that, alongside all of this, we continue to raise money for the club, which is hardly the action of the sort of revolutionary cell that some seem to delight in portraying us as!

The Simplest Simon :   When Gordon Bennett left and Doomcaster was elevated from Company solicitor to Chief Executive and then subsequently made a director who gave him those jobs? May i suggest it was the majority shareholders?

The nuttiest nigel :  When Gordon Bennett left Bob The Grocer took on his duties as CE. Who appointed him? On young Duncan''s table would that be Delia or luck?

The Simplest Simon :  Who gave Gunny the managers job second time around in May 2009? No doubt you will tell me the majority shareholders played no part.

The nuttiest nigel :  We''ve been there. The board who were left at the time, which basically was the same as the owners. I''ve asked on many occasions what was the alternative. What would you have done?

[/quote]

I suppose i was pushing my luck looking for just a couple of straightforward answers from the Nutmeister.It is a wonderful skill to be able to answer a question with a question.If only you could respond to what you were asked Nutmeister i suspect your post count would be down by thousands and no thread would last for more than 3 or 4 pages.

So who''s going to the Kevin Drinkell evening ? (just in case anyone forgets what the thread was about)

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

I suppose i was pushing my luck looking for just a couple of straightforward answers from the Nutmeister.It is a wonderful skill to be able to answer a question with a question.If only you could respond to what you were asked Nutmeister i suspect your post count would be down by thousands and no thread would last for more than 3 or 4 pages.

[/quote]

The answers were brief and plain for all to see. You probably didn''t like them. You also probably consider that whilst I should answer every one of your questions you are under no obligation to answer mine. But I''ll keep trying and you can''t get briefer than 2 word answers......

When Gordon Bennett left and Doomcaster was elevated from Company solicitor to Chief Executive and then subsequently made a director who gave him those jobs? May i suggest it was the majority shareholders?

He wasn''t.

Who gave Gunny the managers job second time around in May 2009? No doubt you will tell me the majority shareholders played no part.

The owners.

In the interest of fairness would you tell me what you would have done instead of appointing Gunny in May 2009?

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="Davo"]One serious question: Honestly why should the club listen to NCISA? You have at a very generous estimation 1.4% (400/25000 *100)of the fan base as members. Your aiming ambitiously for 4% (1000/25000*100). Honestly I think if it wasn''t for Archant asking Kathy and Tilly for quotes so they can publish such headlines as "NCISA says: Vuvuzela''s are noisy!" and "Rebate: Take it baaaaaaack!", NCISA would be on the same level as the Capital Canaries. You both have AGM''s that attract board members. I wouldn''t think that membership between the two is that different numbers wise in terms of the fan base as a whole. Only difference is the Capital Canaries seem to be a social group, NCISA seem to be a two headed dog trying to make it''s mind up which way it''s going. Davo[/quote]

Davo, in answer to your first question I would refer you back to the Huckerby''s Boots podcast I did after the Boro game where I made the point that we needed to be bigger to get the club''s attention, hence the recruitment drive. We would like to have closer links and a working relationship with other supporters groups as we move into a new era.

I do, however, strongly refute the suggestion that we are a two headed dog. I would hope that our various communications and the debates on here have made it clear that we know exactly what we are trying to achieve, and that this involves a significant social element. Regardless of their views on the club and its policies, anyone can join Ncisa for Â£5 a year and be entered in the free draw for tickets for home games, have free entry to the programme of fan forums that we hope to run quarterly, involving former players and local personalities, as well as access to the various discount deals we are able to negotiate, in addition to which we are currently working on subsidised transport to away games. I would strongly suggest that this is a very, very good deal.

Finally, it''s also worth reiterating that, alongside all of this, we continue to raise money for the club, which is hardly the action of the sort of revolutionary cell that some seem to delight in portraying us as!

[/quote]

Beau, thank you for you straight forward reply.

The two headed dog ananlogy was probably wrong however NCISA is in a tricky place as we are moving into the grounds of perception. Look at how fans can view the same player, last 12 months Russel Martin was the worst right back there was now he''s one of the best in the Championship. It''s got to be even worse for NCISA which has a far longer history. However it''s goign to take time for that to change and even then there will always some who you think of you as "a bunch of revolutionaries".

I wouldn''t class myself as a NCISA hater. I''m critical of you on occasion when you deserve it because I genuinely feel that when something is poorly done it should be criticised so that lessons can be learned.

I agree that membership of NCISA is indeed value for money for most just not me unless your planning subsidised travel to Norwich for home games too? I appreciate it''ll never happen, just like I''ll never make these forums your putting together even if I would like to. Yes these are all good things and hopefully you''ll be able to entice more members so that when it comes to important matters like ticket pricing you''ll have more clout with the club and they take you more seriously then they perhaps have to now.

I would like to join NCISA but I don''t see the point. I don''t benefit from any of these "value added benefits" your arranging and there''s no point in being part of an organisation like NCISA if you will always be on the outside due to circumstances out of anyone''s control.

Davo

[quote user="Davo"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

The two headed dog ananlogy was probably wrong however NCISA is in a tricky place as we are moving into the grounds of perception. Look at how fans can view the same player, last 12 months Russel Martin was the worst right back there was now he''s one of the best in the Championship. It''s got to be even worse for NCISA which has a far longer history. However it''s goign to take time for that to change and even then there will always some who you think of you as "a bunch of revolutionaries".

I wouldn''t class myself as a NCISA hater. I''m critical of you on occasion when you deserve it because I genuinely feel that when something is poorly

done it should be criticised so that lessons can be learned.

I agree that membership of NCISA is indeed value for money for most just not me unless your planning subsidised travel to Norwich for home games too? I appreciate it''ll never happen, just like I''ll never make these forums your putting together even if I would like to. Yes these are all good things and hopefully you''ll be able to entice more members so that when it comes to important matters like ticket pricing you''ll have more clout with the club and they take you more seriously then they perhaps have to now.

I would like to join NCISA but I don''t see the point. I don''t benefit from any of these "value added benefits" your arranging and there''s no point in being part of an organisation like NCISA if you will always be on the outside due to circumstances out of anyone''s control.

Davo

[/quote]

Thanks for your comments Davo. I appreciate your point about the value of membership to you as a more distant (geographically!) fan, although joining would still give you a vote and a say in policy. As for criticism I will always be happy to deal with people''s concerns and questions (and appreciate that it''s something we haven''t always been good at in the past ), so please feel free to contact me if you have anything to say either on here, via the website or via PM (I''m even on Twitter!)

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Davo"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

I wouldn''t class myself as a NCISA hater. I''m critical of you on occasion when you deserve it because I genuinely feel that when something is poorly

done it should be criticised so that lessons can be learned.

Davo

[/quote]

Thanks for your comments Davo. I appreciate your point about the value of membership to you as a more distant (geographically!) fan, although joining would still give you a vote and a say in policy. As for criticism I will always be happy to deal with people''s concerns and questions (and appreciate that it''s something we haven''t always been good at in the past ), so please feel free to contact me if you have anything to say either on here, via the website or via PM (I''m even on Twitter!)

[/quote]A name change to something less pretentious would be a good start....A ''club'' would be less divisive... and what''s wrong with the old Norwich City Supporters Club being revived?  I doubt there is a copyright issue and it would tune nicely into the traditional community club ethos. Less ''them and us''.Revive the old badge?  Just a suggestion.

Anyone else on here used to be a member of the Norwich City Supporters Club?

[/quote]

Me. Much to your chagrin no doubt.

I''ve even got the lapel badge. Like the upper one of the two shown below. Price 3 shillings I think it says - available from the club''s address 50 King Street, Norwich.

[:D]

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

Anyone else on here used to be a member of the Norwich City Supporters Club?

[/quote]

Me. Much to your chagrin no doubt.

I''ve even got the lapel badge. Like the upper one of the two shown below. Price 3 shillings I think it says - available from the club''s address 50 King Street, Norwich.

[:D]

OTBC

[/quote]Me too Bly...  [Y]The cloth badge I''ve got attached to a Terry Allcock No.9.

Why would that be much to my chagrin? I would hope most fans of a certain age, interested enough to posts on this board over a number of years, would have owned one of those badges. I remember once tacking it over the coat of arms on my school blazer. Ooops!!!.. I mean school badge on my secondary modern blazer.

Did you find that badge on google?

Why would that be much to my chagrin? I would hope most fans of a certain age, interested enough to posts on this board over a number of years, would have owned one of those badges. I remember once tacking it over the coat of arms on my school blazer. Ooops!!!.. I mean school badge on my secondary modern blazer.

[/quote]

I reckon you actually sellotaped the badge your ill-fitting anorak.....

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

I reckon you actually sellotaped the badge your ill-fitting anorak.....

[/quote]

Rather a badge than all tose tatties pet[:O]

"HALLOOO! My name is Eddie.....and I am a true Naarich City fan....I keeps all my facts an'' figures an'' stats an'' stuff in my red-bookie...Only me personally can write an'' read what''s in my red-bookie....I do like numbers and facts an'' stuff....an'' i really like puttin'' untrue fans in their place when they criticise my club and diss my delia.....If I''m not sure of something I google it and pretend that I know all about it....when I realise I''ve dug myself into a hole on the pink''un...I pretend to be silly and waffle an'' flip-flop and deflect the heat away from me and keep repeatin'' stuff until folk think it is fact - as then i don''t lose an argument and can have the final comment and word.....I don''t like the nCiSA as it was them who got my beloved Worthy sacked.....Apart from Bayer, bingo, bogs an'' bein'' in control of everything - (because i like everything to be just how i like it)....I''m the only true Naarich fan in the village....City is my life!"

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

"HALLOOO! My name is Eddie.....and I am a true Naarich City fan....I keeps all my facts an'' figures an'' stats an'' stuff in my red-bookie...Only me personally can write an'' read what''s in my red-bookie....I do like numbers and facts an'' stuff....an'' i really like puttin'' untrue fans in their place when they criticise my club and diss my delia.....If I''m not sure of something I google it and pretend that I know all about it....when I realise I''ve dug myself into a hole on the pink''un...I pretend to be silly and waffle an'' flip-flop and deflect the heat away from me and keep repeatin'' stuff until folk think it is fact - as then i don''t lose an argument and can have the final comment and word.....I don''t like the nCiSA as it was them who got my beloved Worthy sacked.....Apart from Bayer, bingo, bogs an'' bein'' in control of everything - (because i like everything to be just how i like it)....I''m the only true Naarich fan in the village....City is my life!"

[/quote]A gem even by your standards Mello.....11/10 [*]

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

Pure quality and oh soooooooo true.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

The answers were brief and plain for all to see. You probably didn''t like them. You also probably consider that whilst I should answer every one of your questions you are under no obligation to answer mine. But I''ll keep trying and you can''t get briefer than 2 word answers......

When Gordon Bennett left and Doomcaster was elevated from Company solicitor to Chief Executive and then subsequently made a director who gave him those jobs? May i suggest it was the majority shareholders?

He wasn''t.

Who gave Gunny the managers job second time around in May 2009? No doubt you will tell me the majority shareholders played no part.

The owners.

In the interest of fairness would you tell me what you would have done instead of appointing Gunny in May 2009?

[/quote]

Swerved as only you can in a manner that is exclusive to you Nutty.I take it as far as Doomcaster is concerned bringing Bob the Grocer into it and then throwing what Duncan might or might not think into the mix is termed as answering whether Delia and MWJ played a significant part in his metioric rise from office boy to Chief Executive and then subsequently his appointment as a director.

Now in the interests of fairness as you put it with regards to the disaster that was Bryan Gunn the manager is concerned and feel free to call me old fashioned how about.....invite applications followed by a few interviews or heaven forbid a bit of head hunting.Now if you are struggling with that last bit just think about the McNally and Lambert scenario.I will be the first to admit that the applications and interview technique failed miserably in recent years but just to throw the towel in and give it back to the man who had just failed is beyond me.So in a nutshell i would actively have looked for a replacement one way or another which unless i am mistaken did not happen.

I''m mello yello and I hide behind my internet name in Norwich so my real marras still believe I support the toon. Look how funny I am...

I''ve got a fan club now... wanna see ''em???

Cluckin Nora and the Serial Complainer Tilly  the man who always "knows best"

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="nutty nigel"][

He wasn''t.

The owners.

[/quote]

Swerved as only you can in a manner that is exclusive to you Nutty.I take it as far as Doomcaster is concerned bringing Bob the Grocer into it and then throwing what Duncan might or might not think into the mix is termed as answering whether Delia and MWJ played a significant part in his metioric rise from office boy to Chief Executive and then subsequently his appointment as a director.

Now in the interests of fairness as you put it with regards to the disaster that was Bryan Gunn the manager is concerned and feel free to call me old fashioned how about.....invite applications followed by a few interviews or heaven forbid a bit of head hunting.Now if you are struggling with that last bit just think about the McNally and Lambert scenario.I will be the first to admit that the applications and interview technique failed miserably in recent years but just to throw the towel in and give it back to the man who had just failed is beyond me.So in a nutshell i would actively have looked for a replacement one way or another which unless i am mistaken did not happen.

[/quote]

How was that swerved? Do you honestly believe you are entitled to post any old shyte and folk have to believe it? Delia and Michael invited Bob the Grocer anto the board. Then when Barry Lockwood left Cooper took over as Chairman. When Gordon Bennett went to Aberdeen Cooper took over as CE. I don''t remember any protests from those who always know best but I do remember it being suggested that Cooper and Hamilton were like "bosom buddies". However, Cooper ran the club for two years and for those who judge purely on the success of the team he certainly did well. If I remember rightly he left after the play off final in 2002.

Now Tilly what I don''t understand about you lot who always seem to know best is how do you convince yourself you are right all the time? Even when it doesn''t make any sense. I find it absolutely incredible that you can go back in time and criticise your latest hate figure for something you were perfectly happy with at the time. Do you realise that it''s 10 years since Gordon Bennett walked out the door and for all that time I never heard a peep from you lot. 2002 Play Offs - you were happy. 2004 Championship - you were happy. 2006 you were protesting again but only about Worthington. In fact nCIsA made it plain that they wanted no protest to include the majority shareholders becaue "they have done so much for the club"! It wasn''t ''til well after that we started to hear it was all Doncaster''s fault and we didn''t see you getting your teeth into Smith & Jones until after Doncaster had gone. And yet when I challenge you about any of it you reckon you were always right. Everytime. Never got it wrong. Always knew best......................

So if you''d been running the club in May 2009 you would have looked for a replacement football manager before you looked for new executive management? Good move! Talk about putting the cart before the horse! I suppose it would have been someone like Peter Grant? The guy you reckoned was so much better than Worthy! And then you''d have been interviewing for new CE''s telling them you''d already chosen the new football manager! The saddest thing is you would have done exactly what you accuse Delia of doing! But then it would have been ok, wouldn''t it? Because you always know best!