Sign in to follow this  
Beauseant

Come and meet Kevin Drinkell and Ken Brown

Following on from the story in today''s EDP about Kevin Drinkell''s autobiography, it seems an appropriate time to announce that Kevin, along with Ken Brown will be taking part in a forum organised by Ncisa, with Kevin signing copies of his book. The event will be on Friday 26th November at 7.30 and will take place at the No 10 Bowling Centre, Bowthorpe. Entry will be free to Ncisa members, but non members can join via the website (www.ncisa.co.uk) or on the door. The cost is £5 for a year''s subscription. You may be interested to note that Grimsby Town are organising a similar evening and charging £20 a head!

Having read Kevin''s comments re Chase in the EDP today it should be an interesting night especially with Ken Brown being there too.

Any chance in following that up with ''''An evening with Hucks '''' after Xmas, you''ll need a large room for that one [:)]

[quote user="cityangel"]

Having read Kevin''s comments re Chase in the EDP today it should be an interesting night especially with Ken Brown being there too.

Any chance in following that up with ''''An evening with Hucks '''' after Xmas, you''ll need a large room for that one [:)]

[/quote]

Funny you should say that...[:)]

[quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

Or a very small one CA[;)]

[quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]Having read the comments myself.  He would hardly say anything negative (except the fat controller)  if he wanted to shift a few books. 

[quote user="Beauseant"]Following on from the story in today''s EDP about Kevin Drinkell''s autobiography, it seems an appropriate time to announce that Kevin, along with Ken Brown will be taking part in a forum organised by Ncisa, with Kevin signing copies of his book. The event will be on Friday 26th November at 7.30 and will take place at the No 10 Bowling Centre, Bowthorpe. Entry will be free to Ncisa members, but non members can join via the website (www.ncisa.co.uk) or on the door. The cost is £5 for a year''s subscription. You may be interested to note that Grimsby Town are organising a similar evening and charging £20 a head![/quote]Yes.... but Grimsby Town have got lap dancers and set by Motorhead.....No contest I''m afraid.

[quote user="Cluckbert Chase"][quote user="Beauseant"]Following on from the story in today''s EDP about Kevin Drinkell''s autobiography, it seems an appropriate time to announce that Kevin, along with Ken Brown will be taking part in a forum organised by Ncisa, with Kevin signing copies of his book. The event will be on Friday 26th November at 7.30 and will take place at the No 10 Bowling Centre, Bowthorpe. Entry will be free to Ncisa members, but non members can join via the website (www.ncisa.co.uk) or on the door. The cost is £5 for a year''s subscription. You may be interested to note that Grimsby Town are organising a similar evening and charging £20 a head![/quote]

Yes.... but Grimsby Town have got lap dancers and set by Motorhead.....

No contest I''m afraid.
[/quote]

Hopefully Lemmy will do the acoustic blues version of Ace of Spades off the beer advert. Love that.

Would you be prepared to appear naked and lightly oiled  while performing Killed by Death to tyr to redress the balance Cluck?

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="Cluckbert Chase"][quote user="Beauseant"]Following on from the story in today''s EDP about Kevin Drinkell''s autobiography, it seems an appropriate time to announce that Kevin, along with Ken Brown will be taking part in a forum organised by Ncisa, with Kevin signing copies of his book. The event will be on Friday 26th November at 7.30 and will take place at the No 10 Bowling Centre, Bowthorpe. Entry will be free to Ncisa members, but non members can join via the website (www.ncisa.co.uk) or on the door. The cost is £5 for a year''s subscription. You may be interested to note that Grimsby Town are organising a similar evening and charging £20 a head![/quote]Yes.... but Grimsby Town have got lap dancers and set by Motorhead.....No contest I''m afraid.[/quote]

Hopefully Lemmy will do the acoustic blues version of Ace of Spades off the beer advert. Love that.

Would you be prepared to appear naked and lightly oiled  while performing Killed by Death to tyr to redress the balance Cluck?

[/quote]Oiled up and on my way Beausy....... I do hope my new girlfriend CA will be there to see it.

[quote user="Cluckbert Chase"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="Cluckbert Chase"][quote user="Beauseant"]Following on from the story in today''s EDP about Kevin Drinkell''s autobiography, it seems an appropriate time to announce that Kevin, along with Ken Brown will be taking part in a forum organised by Ncisa, with Kevin signing copies of his book. The event will be on Friday 26th November at 7.30 and will take place at the No 10 Bowling Centre, Bowthorpe. Entry will be free to Ncisa members, but non members can join via the website (www.ncisa.co.uk) or on the door. The cost is £5 for a year''s subscription. You may be interested to note that Grimsby Town are organising a similar evening and charging £20 a head![/quote]

Yes.... but Grimsby Town have got lap dancers and set by Motorhead.....

No contest I''m afraid.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Oiled up and on my way Beausy.......

I do hope my new girlfriend CA will be there to see it.
[/quote]

Now CA oiled up does fire a little imagination on my part.[;)]

[quote user="Cluckbert Chase"]

[/quote]

Was it love at first posting Cluck or have I grown on you slowly? [:)]

I''m ignoring your comment Tilly!

[quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]Like genital warts..............I should imagine [:$][;)]

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="Cluckbert Chase"]Oiled up and on my way Beausy....... I do hope my new girlfriend CA will be there to see it.[/quote]

[/quote]A single glance across the crowded message board... and there you were ...... my mouse poised, quivering at the mere thought of your next quote....  [;)]

[quote user="Shack Attack"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]Like genital warts..............I should imagine [:$][;)][/quote]Trust you to try and destroy a tender moment......

[quote user="Cluckbert Chase"][quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="Cluckbert Chase"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

A single glance across the crowded message board... and there you were ...... my mouse poised, quivering at the mere thought of your next quote.... 

[;)][/quote]

Maybe we should meet up at this event then Cluck, I''ll bring you some bird seed to keep you happy [:D]

[quote user="Cluckbert Chase"][quote user="Shack Attack"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

Like genital warts..............I should imagine [:$][;)]
[/quote]

Trust you to try and destroy a tender moment......
[/quote]

Laser ''zap'' surgery and dabbing with liquid nitrogen... can destroy in a moment - those tender genital warts.....er....so I''ve been told....[:$]

So to get back on topic, who''s going to this evening with Kevin Drinkell?

I''d love to go and meet Kevin Drinkell again, he was my favourite player back then. I was lucky enough to be mascot against Sheff Wed in 1987 and warmed up Gunn with him, those that were there probably remember the little 8 year old knocking a pen into the top right hand corner..lol. Gunny remembered a few years later when I bumped into him in the city ( well he told me he did ). I''d love him to sign the photo I have from that day, am I ok to just turn up on the night and pay the entrance fee?

[quote user="Duncan Edwards"]I''d love to go and meet Kevin Drinkell again, he was my favourite player back then. I was lucky enough to be mascot against Sheff Wed in 1987 and warmed up Gunn with him, those that were there probably remember the little 8 year old knocking a pen into the top right hand corner..lol. Gunny remembered a few years later when I bumped into him in the city ( well he told me he did ). I''d love him to sign the photo I have from that day, am I ok to just turn up on the night and pay the entrance fee?[/quote]

Yes Duncan,you can pay on the night. I look forward to seeing you.

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Cluckbert Chase"][quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="Cluckbert Chase"]Oiled up and on my way Beausy....... I do hope my new girlfriend CA will be there to see it.[/quote]

[/quote]A single glance across the crowded message board... and there you were ...... my mouse poised, quivering at the mere thought of your next quote....  [;)][/quote]

Maybe we should meet up at this event then Cluck, I''ll bring you some bird seed to keep you happy [:D]

[/quote]You''ve got me eating out of your hand already.......  [;)]

[quote user="Duncan Edwards"]I''d love to go and meet Kevin Drinkell again, he was my favourite player back then. I was lucky enough to be mascot against Sheff Wed in 1987 and warmed up Gunn with him, those that were there probably remember the little 8 year old knocking a pen into the top right hand corner..lol. Gunny remembered a few years later when I bumped into him in the city ( well he told me he did ). I''d love him to sign the photo I have from that day, am I ok to just turn up on the night and pay the entrance fee?[/quote]

I will be there with a camera just to capture the moment a member of the Edwards family pays to attend a NCISA function.Priceless!!!!!!!

[quote user="cityangel"]So to get back on topic, who''s going to this evening with Kevin Drinkell?[/quote]

MAYBE SOME CHAP ON HERE WHO GOES BY THE NAME OF THE GREAT DRINKELL? [;)][:P]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]I will be there with a camera just to capture the moment a member of the Edwards family pays to attend a NCISA function.Priceless!!!!!!![/quote]But will he join  NCISA Tilly? Is the £5 charge an admission fee or a joining fee?

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

[quote user="cityangel"]So to get back on topic, who''s going to this evening with Kevin Drinkell?[/quote]

MAYBE SOME CHAP ON HERE WHO GOES BY THE NAME OF THE GREAT DRINKELL? [;)][:P]

[/quote]

I seem to remember I still owe you a coke young nana

Will be my pleasure  to pay that debt at the forum.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="TIL 1010"]I will be there with a camera just to capture the moment a member of the Edwards family pays to attend a NCISA function.Priceless!!!!!!![/quote]But will he join  NCISA Tilly? Is the £5 charge an admission fee or a joining fee?[/quote]

Only members Lapp so I leave that to you to work out.

[quote user="The Butler"]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="TIL 1010"]I will be there with a camera just to capture the moment a member of the Edwards family pays to attend a NCISA function.Priceless!!!!!!![/quote]But will he join  NCISA Tilly? Is the £5 charge an admission fee or a joining fee?[/quote]

[/quote]

So can I not pay the £5 to get in and then decide if I want to join NCISA or not?

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

I will be there with a camera just to capture the moment a member of the Edwards family pays to attend a NCISA function.Priceless!!!!!!!

[/quote]

Now I don''t think the Edwards family have a problem with paying to attend a NCISA funtion whilst it''s in supporters club mode [H][:)]

Weather House - QwickStep Answers Search Engine

But there''s certainly one family member who would have a problem when they revert back to pressure group mode [st][:@]

At no point in this thread have I said, or implied anything about not paying to attend a NCISA function.  

But you will now understand that I wouldn''t pay to attend a nCIsA function. I''m quite happy to debate/argue facts, but I have no intention of being drawn into disagreements about things I haven''t actually said. This was a thread about Kevin Drinkell''s book and NCISA''s forum with him and Ken Brown, which may, or may not be of interest to some posters. I do not wish to insult people by going off at a complete tangent, so if you would like to continue this let''s do so via PM, email or Facebook as I do not want to abuse this message board by encouraging yet another rambling thread about nCIsA''s past, because that''s not what the forum''s for.[;)]

[quote user="Duncan Edwards"][quote user="The Butler"]

[/quote]

So can I not pay the £5 to get in and then decide if I want to join NCISA or not?[/quote]

Thats a good question, so if people don''t want to join ncisa can''t they just pay the £5 admission fee on the door and not join?

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Duncan Edwards"][quote user="The Butler"]

[/quote]

So can I not pay the £5 to get in and then decide if I want to join NCISA or not?[/quote]

Thats a good question, so if people don''t want to join ncisa can''t they just pay the £5 admission fee on the door and not join?

[/quote]

Evening CA

The whole point of what we are doing is to give something back to members.

This is for members so  £5 will get you all the advantages of joining the new NCISA,(including this event)but it wont just get you into any functions organised by NCISA for NCISA members.

There''s lots more  goodies to follow so I would say that would be a £5er well spent.(ask the members who have just won match tickets)

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Duncan Edwards"][quote user="The Butler"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Evening CA

This is for members so  £5 will get you all the advantages of joining the new NCISA,(including this event)but it wont just get you into any functions organised by NCISA for NCISA members.

There''s lots more  goodies to follow so I would say that would be a £5er well spent.(ask the members who have just won match tickets)

[/quote]Are these tickets purchased from the club by the NCISA for distrubution following ticket sales.... or a hand out from the club?If a ''hand out'' one must ask questions about it''s independence. Taking the Kings Shilling and all that......Just wondering...........[*-)]

[quote user="Cluckbert Chase"][quote user="The Butler"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Duncan Edwards"][quote user="The Butler"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Evening CA

[/quote]

Are these tickets purchased from the club by the NCISA for distrubution following ticket sales.... or a hand out from the club?

If a ''hand out'' one must ask questions about it''s independence. Taking the Kings Shilling and all that......

Just wondering...........[*-)]
[/quote]

I''m sure you know the answer to that question my lightly oiled friend[;)], but to reiterate, we purchase the tickets but put them into a raffle which is free to all members, and to which they are autonatically enrolled. I would suggest that that alone, although there are many other things to come (and I''m still waiting for the promised signed photos of you in the French maid outfit[:P]) makes the £5 subscription a great deal. Obvioulsy we want to increase the mebership, but we want to make it worth people''s while to join. I can''t believe that anyone would argue that that''s unreasonable.