Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

'They' simply must find cash for Lambert....

[quote user="City1st"]"I believe Porstmouth, Leciester and Scum fans thought the same as you KC. All had bigger debts than us I think, except their owners really WANTED to sell." I think you are confusing the words desire and oblige, Wiz. The paupers had to hand over their club, They had no other choice, other than imminent administration. Perrhaps Wiz, you could remind us of how much they received - less than £4m..... less than four far ken million. The accounts show money being spent to pay off big player contracts. Recent player activity show 20 players having to be shipped out with the chief executive openly stating that money from the sale of Walters being used to balance the books. Almost all the other players left on the books are out of contract next June (as is the manager). The accounts certainly don''t balance with the squeaks by the paupers about the millions upon millions supposedly spent on players. What they do show is the club being around £15m MORE in debt than when they had to hand the club over. It should be noted that this is the debt on interest bearing debt only - is there more that doesn''t fit into that category ? So who else has pursued this Wiz style ''ambition'' ? Why step forward, Preston, Palace, Hull, Southampton and dear old Bristol City to name a few. But then, I doubt that Wiz is so dumb that he doesn''t know this ..... and most of aren''t so dumb either as to not know that he is back to his attention seeking best. A sad way to shuffle off into your twighlight, I''m afraid.[/quote]

There are far too many facts in here for the old codger to comprehend.....but I admire your attempts to educate him..!

"The best chance of winning promotion is your first chance" or something along those lines.I''m sure I heard something similar to that in August??? [:|]

[quote user="Smudger"]"The best chance of winning promotion is your first chance" or something along those lines.

I''m sure I heard something similar to that in August??? [:|]

[/quote]You just made that up didn''t you? [^o)]

[quote user="lappinitup"]

[quote user="Smudger"]"The best chance of winning promotion is your first chance" or something along those lines.I''m sure I heard something similar to that in August??? [:|]

[/quote]You just made that up didn''t you? [^o)]

[/quote]Nope... it is something I and another two hundred/three hundred City fans heard from a senior club official in August Lapps.Now I know they have been urging on the side of caution and fans getting carried away more recently, but it doesn''t mean that it wasn''t said.Do you really think that the ambitious fellas we now have running our club will be happy with a mid-table finish?"We aren''t far away and the boys just need a little help" **hint hint** [;)]

i don''t believe this lot are any more ambitious than the last - - they are just a good deal more competent. A far, far better ability to achieve than the last lot.

As to the consolidation nonsense it is such twaddle that even someone from suffolk could see through it (well perhaps not). You go out to win. To succeed. Whereever you finish in May 9outside promotion or relegation) you start on no points, the same as everyone else come August.

Maybe the consolidation wallies will start writing to the club requesting that we make sure we loose enough games in February and March so as to ensure we finish no higher than midtable.

I am certain that the squad will be strenghthened in January. And probably further strenghthened with a loanee or two come March if we are there or thereabouts.

A playoff place would deliver, if nothing else, a half million plus into the coffers - simply on the one home game with the inevitable sellouts leading up to it and maybe an acceptance of slightly higher season ticket prices the following season. The demand will be there. A playoff final place delivers oe and a half million plus - and a win there and ......... happy days !

That''s the financial side of things. As far as us supporters it would be pretty much all we ever ask, The playoffs are a lottery and so are games. A lucky deflection, and bad refereeing decision etc and it''s curtains. however all most of us ask is to be there. to be in with a chance. To be upo there fighting so the consolidation wallies can go elsewhere and wring their cloth caps whilst they mutter about being '' ever so ''umble''.

i don''t doubt the directors have thought all this through a long while back. Weighed up what could be done at each stage, weighed up what can be done to get us to each stage and then gone out and found ways and means to achieve that aim. Extra seats stuck in, prices gone up all round and pulling in money from wherever possible.

Premiership here we come !

A conversation i had with MWJ a couple of days after the Reading game .

Me . Team are doing well Michael ,

MWJ . yes we played well but didnt get the result we deserved .

Me . Yeah your''e right ive never been so angry after a game but Lambert did well to keep most of his anger in . You must be pleased to have a manager who know''s what he doing .

MWJ . Yes he''s doing a great job , i just wish we could give him some more money , he will have a little bit in Jan but not as much as we would want , hopefully we can persuade West brom to extend Barnetts loan .

I think in an ideal world it would be great chucking money around in an effort to get up this year but i do think the board are doing as much as they can given our well publised debt .

Can''t see Barnett costing any more than 500k because he''s out of contract in the summer, personally I''d rather they''d have kept enough money to buy him from the land money and paid a bit less off the debt. If we miss out on him for the sake of a couple of hundred grand I''d be well cheesed off, a player like Barnett could be the difference between getting promoted and not getting promoted. Promotion would enable us to get rid of our debt and invest in a bit more quality even if we did come back down.

[quote user="kdncfc"]Can''t see Barnett costing any more than 500k because he''s out of contract in the summer, personally I''d rather they''d have kept enough money to buy him from the land money and paid a bit less off the debt. If we miss out on him for the sake of a couple of hundred grand I''d be well cheesed off, a player like Barnett could be the difference between getting promoted and not getting promoted. Promotion would enable us to get rid of our debt and invest in a bit more quality even if we did come back down.
[/quote]

So why not help raise some to make sure?[;)]

[quote user="The Butler"]

[quote user="kdncfc"]Can''t see Barnett costing any more than 500k because he''s out of contract in the summer, personally I''d rather they''d have kept enough money to buy him from the land money and paid a bit less off the debt. If we miss out on him for the sake of a couple of hundred grand I''d be well cheesed off, a player like Barnett could be the difference between getting promoted and not getting promoted. Promotion would enable us to get rid of our debt and invest in a bit more quality even if we did come back down.[/quote]

So why not help raise some to make sure?[;)]

[/quote]I might well do that, has the whip round started yet?

kdncfc I think you might be missing one small point. Maybe the club had no choice but to hand over the money from the land sale? The banks want their money back we all know that and the board might not of had any choice. As we have seen some banks can be greedy and £1mill now is sometimes more important to them than £2mill in a couple of years.

As for the whip found look at the thread by Beausant about supporting the club :)

Davo

[quote user="Davo"]kdncfc I think you might be missing one small point. Maybe the club had no choice but to hand over the money from the land sale? The banks want their money back we all know that and the board might not of had any choice. As we have seen some banks can be greedy and £1mill now is sometimes more important to them than £2mill in a couple of years.

As for the whip found look at the thread by Beausant about supporting the club :)

Davo[/quote]Maybe they did have no choice but I''m sure a reliable poster on here said that part of the board were in favour of giving the money to Lambert for players which if true would indicate that they did have some choice in the matter. In the absence of investment which seems to be a million miles away at the moment the quickest way to clear our debt is to go up and getting players of the quality of Barnett will only enhance our chances of achieving that goal, remember that Barnett will be avaliable for a fraction of his true worth because his contract is up and would be a very good investment if we get him on a contract.

[quote user="City1st"]i don''t believe this lot are any more ambitious than the last - - they are just a good deal more competent. A far, far better ability to achieve than the last lot. As to the consolidation nonsense it is such twaddle that even someone from suffolk could see through it (well perhaps not). You go out to win. To succeed. Whereever you finish in May 9outside promotion or relegation) you start on no points, the same as everyone else come August. Maybe the consolidation wallies will start writing to the club requesting that we make sure we loose enough games in February and March so as to ensure we finish no higher than midtable. I am certain that the squad will be strenghthened in January. And probably further strenghthened with a loanee or two come March if we are there or thereabouts. A playoff place would deliver, if nothing else, a half million plus into the coffers - simply on the one home game with the inevitable sellouts leading up to it and maybe an acceptance of slightly higher season ticket prices the following season. The demand will be there. A playoff final place delivers oe and a half million plus - and a win there and ......... happy days ! That''s the financial side of things. As far as us supporters it would be pretty much all we ever ask, The playoffs are a lottery and so are games. A lucky deflection, and bad refereeing decision etc and it''s curtains. however all most of us ask is to be there. to be in with a chance. To be upo there fighting so the consolidation wallies can go elsewhere and wring their cloth caps whilst they mutter about being '' ever so ''umble''. i don''t doubt the directors have thought all this through a long while back. Weighed up what could be done at each stage, weighed up what can be done to get us to each stage and then gone out and found ways and means to achieve that aim. Extra seats stuck in, prices gone up all round and pulling in money from wherever possible. Premiership here we come ![/quote]

Gee wiz!

Not bad for a man who wears blue pyjamas.

OTBC

Caution will, I expect, prevail. PL has hinted often enough that he has to do what he can with what he has. I suspect that there was a discussion about this when he was appointed.

In the summer he made some bargain signings, but he was given cash to splash out on Surman. The best I can see for January is a possibly sizeable fee for Barnett, perhaps £750k, or even more, as other clubcs are beginning to see how good he is.

Caution will prevail because they have a medium term plan, as yet undeclared but referred to by McNally frequently, to build year by year by the addition of good signings.

They won''t "go for broke" in January, I suspect, because to buy two or three very good players could push our accumulated debt to approaching £30 million. If things didn''t work out, that is we didn''t get promotion, we could find ourselves in difficulty - massive debt interest, having to sell our better players, demotion, etc. Ipswich survived this, somehow, but the way is now closed for others.

Even if we did gain promotion, how would we build a team to stay in the Premiership? The "hello" money would hardly enable us to build a complete premiership quality squad.

I am not a mouthpiece for the Board, although I think that since McNally they have done well. The trouble is the huge debt from previous times, and if you look at it through their eyes it is easy to understand any caution.

If significant non-debt extra money became available, we would all be delighted to buy the extra very good players we need, but.....

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

PETER CULLUM.

Now he''s a fact............

OTBC

[/quote]

And silence was the stern reply.

OTBC

[/quote]Perhaps no one is interested enough to reply?Just thought I would point this out as you clearly haven''t worked it out for yourself.[:)]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

PETER CULLUM.

OTBC

[/quote]

OTBC

[/quote]

Perhaps no one is interested enough to reply?

Just thought I would point this out as you clearly haven''t worked it out for yourself.

[:)]
[/quote]

You should have let him talk to himself a little longer first, Morty [:D]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

PETER CULLUM.

OTBC

[/quote]

OTBC

[/quote]

Perhaps no one is interested enough to reply?

Just thought I would point this out as you clearly haven''t worked it out for yourself.

[:)]
[/quote]

Well, if that''s so then it tells a little story all of its own doesn''t it?

You back from Angola?

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="morty"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

PETER CULLUM.

OTBC

[/quote]

OTBC

[/quote]Perhaps no one is interested enough to reply?Just thought I would point this out as you clearly haven''t worked it out for yourself.[:)][/quote]

Well, if that''s so then it tells a little story all of its own doesn''t it?

You back from Angola?

OTBC

[/quote]1. Does it really? Don''t bother explaining what you mean. Actually go on then, I''ll humour you, what do you mean exactly?2. None of your business.[:)]