Sign in to follow this  
MPR

The Roadworks

Help! Just remembered that it takes ages to get through the centre of Norwich now with all the roadworks going on. Any idea as to the best way to get to the railway station area now that St Stephens is closed? The queue coming off the ring road past FCR is enormous. Any alternative routes (we''re coming from Essex)

Easy.

You know how to get to the Southern Bypass (A47). Either park at the new Park and Ride on the Thickthorn Roundabout (Which joins the A47 to the A11) and cruise down the bus lanes bang into the centre bypassing all the Satuday traffic jams.

Or enter Norwich on the Beccles road and Park at County Hall (signposted). Might be a good idea to get there early though as everybody does that.

There''s another park and ride at the Norfolk showground. much quicker than driving in and looking for a parking space.

Or just get the train in from Colchester if you''re coing from Essex.

Does this help?

[quote]Help! Just remembered that it takes ages to get through the centre of Norwich now with all the roadworks going on. Any idea as to the best way to get to the railway station area now that St Stephens i...[/quote]

mpr

you will have to get here extra early, the easiest way is via the ring road as you said, past county hall (do you intend to park there, it is probably the cheapest option!)

otherwise, instead of taking the trowse, county hall exit, keep on the A47 and exit on the next one at north east norwich, marked st andrews business park and go back to the city centre, this is the old yarmouth road, it is about 3 miles from FCR - a long straight road which once nearer the ground you can find alternative parking - i don''t know how well you know Norwich itself, but there is parking on the old clarence road (£5) or a charity car park, just before Thorpe Park development - about £2 i think

hope you get here okay and enjoy the game!

Try A47 to Norwich West i.e. exit before road takes you to Gt Yarmouth and enter City by A1242.  Will take you to Thorpe Station.

Thanks all, very useful. I remember a story about the P&R being scrapped? I''ll consult with the passenger and see what the view is.