Sign in to follow this  
Supermarket Prodigy

New Blog: The Defamation Of The England Football Team

[quote user="Supermarket Prodigy"]

I wrote this piece just after the World Cup and was toying whether to post it or not, pop over have a read and let me know what you think:

http://www.pinkun.com/content/pinkun/blogs/jarrold-stand-journal.aspx

Cheers

SP

[/quote]Afraid this isn''t the slightest bit constructive, but I can''t help asking what has the headline ("The Defamation of the England Football Team") got to do with the contents of the blog? There seems no connection.

It''s not a problem. At first, I had been listening to Plan B''s album, The Defamation of Strickland Banks, so that was in my head. I also thought, the team went out as heroes and came back as villains. So, in some sense, they were victims of defamation. Though I do see where you''re coming from!

SP

It''s not a problem. At first, I had been listening to Plan B''s album, The Defamation of Strickland Banks, so that was in my head. I also thought, the team went out as heroes and came back as villains. So, in some sense, they were victims of defamation. Though I do see where you''re coming from!

SP

[/quote]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DefamationI don''t think England players were victims of Defamation at all.  They were all sh*t and they all know it.

[quote user="Mr. Chops"][quote user="Supermarket Prodigy"]

SP

[/quote]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DefamationI don''t think England players were victims of Defamation at all.  They were all sh*t and they all know it.

[/quote]Agreed, more like Defecation of the England Football Team[:P]

SP

[/quote]

Brilliant album

You could argue that they were being defamed before the tournament, by people describing them as world-class contenders who ''maybe, just maybe'' could win it, rather than the worthless, talentless, stupid mercenaries they all are.

"This is our best chance since ''66! This is the Golden Generation!

Capello is just like Alf Ramsey! They were just some of the quotes

thrown around before the 2010 FIFA World Cup in the English tabloids"You could replace 2010 with any year since I''ve been watching England, and that''s 1986 onwards. You''d have thought we''d catch on one day ...?