Sign in to follow this  
dhickl

Gunn for England!!!

[quote user="marvin the martian"]Thanks for that, for some reason the headline on the home page that read "Gunns boy for England" meant nothing to me. [/quote]You could have built upon the point that so far he has not chosen to follow in his Dad''s footsteps and play for Scotland, or you could have put your response to the point I made that we develop England youth goalkeepers but not other positions, but no you decide to put a sarcastic response that is totally pointless and devoid of thought.

No wonder people complain about there being idiots on here - you are a prime example.

Totally agree with you, dhickl; too many people here seem to think they need to comment. If you don''t want to contribute meaningful posts, don''t contribute.

As for your points, the call up of Angus is a sign of the strength in depth we have in goalkeepers at the club. Declan, Jed and now Angus is almost an embarrassment of riches. I just wonder how long it''ll be until someone notices our track record of producing good goalkeepers and keeps a closer eye on us than we''d like.

These days it is not a particularly big decision to play youth football in the country you are playingHe doesnt have to chose who he would play as a full international for fr a few years  that pre supposes he will be good enough ... for either

[quote user="marvin the martian"]OOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooohhh, hello Mr Touchy.[/quote]He he he he..... [:)]

I love the bit about how Bryan thought he was a midfield player!

It makes me think did he know anything about the players he signed last summer...especially Theo, maybe he thought he was a midfielder too

I''m very happy either for the guy and for his father.

Maybe he won''t be a great manager but he still remains the biggest keeper in the history of the cub.

And a great man.

Looks quite tall for his age - like his father.

Angus is cross breed though - Scottish/English but i''m surprised he hasn''t chose to play for Scotland!

[quote user="Aurelius"]I''m very happy either for the guy and for his father. Maybe he won''t be a great manager but he still remains the biggest keeper in the history of the cub. And a great man.[/quote]

You haven''t supported long then!

Nethercot,Keelan,Woods,Kennon the list is a long one of great keepers. Of which BG was just one.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]If he gets signed up by his father''s first club presumably he''ll be an Aberdeen Angus...[:D][;)][:D]

[/quote]

I am used to a lot of Bull from you PC but that................[;)]

[quote user="The Butler"]

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]If he gets signed up by his father''s first club presumably he''ll be an Aberdeen Angus...[:D][;)][:D][/quote]

I am used to a lot of Bull from you PC but that................[;)]

[/quote]TB, I was afraid I was venturing on to your bad-joke turf...[;)]I''ll go back to impenetrable posts on fiduciary duty.[<:o)][8-|][<:o)]

[quote user="The Butler"]

[quote user="Aurelius"]I''m very happy either for the guy and for his father. Maybe he won''t be a great manager but he still remains the biggest keeper in the history of the cub. And a great man.[/quote]

You haven''t supported long then!

Nethercot,Keelan,Woods,Kennon the list is a long one of great keepers. Of which BG was just one.

[/quote]Indeed. 

Just to clear up Angus playing for England or Scotland as this is a schoolboy international you play for the country where you go to school. It will have no bearing on who he decides to play for, if he was to be selected, at youth U21 or full international. It is much the same as Michael Owen who played schoolboy football for Wales.

[quote user="KenBrown"]These days it is not a particularly big decision to play youth football in the country you are playingHe doesnt have to chose who he would play as a full international for fr a few years  that pre supposes he will be good enough ... for either[/quote]thats true.. Giggs was an england player as a school boy.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]If he gets signed up by his father''s first club presumably he''ll be an Aberdeen Angus...[:D][;)][:D]

[/quote]

That''s really funny.....Now go on, and tell us an udder.