Sign in to follow this  
First Wazzock

Do Modern Day Footballers Have A Lack Of Respect?

So today we learn we have another player due before the courts. OK it''s a relatively minor in the grand scheme of things, but there seems to be a great number involved in courtrooms. Does it all stem from earning large amounts of money, or what?

So, do the players have a lack of respect for their employers, their fans and above all else themselves?

IMO footballers are no different from the 60s 70s 80s etc etc.  It''s

just more media coverage to report any minor misdemeanors.  Ironic

though, Archant report the misdemeanors, but Pete reckons we can''t

discuss them. That''s the bit that''s a little screwed up.

[quote user="First Wazzock"]

So today we learn we have another player due before the courts. OK it''s a relatively minor in the grand scheme of things, but there seems to be a great number involved in courtrooms. Does it all stem from earning large amounts of money, or what?

So, do the players have a lack of respect for their employers, their fans and above all else themselves?

[/quote]

You''re about 10 years too late, the majority of football players haven''t had any respect for fans for donkey years, all they care about is the money, flash cars and women.

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]

CA - Statistically some of them will think about men...........

[/quote]

PMSL [:)]

Footballers of the 60/70''s were drink driving, smoking, sexist, racist thugs in comparision to nowadays... but that is as much a cultural thing as anything... and it wasn''t recognised at the time because newspapers actually traded on the basis of reporting things that were actually relevant and interesting, rather than being glorified gossip rags that they are nowadays.

[quote user="First Jedi"]Footballers of the 60/70''s were drink driving, smoking, sexist, racist thugs in comparision to nowadays... but that is as much a cultural thing as anything... and it wasn''t recognised at the time because newspapers actually traded on the basis of reporting things that were actually relevant and interesting, rather than being glorified gossip rags that they are nowadays.[/quote]

What tosh.........Fottballers from the 60/70s reflected where they came from - the culture the environment. That may have sexist, it may have been racist but they were like the fans.

Now they are separated from that culture (often at age 8 if coming through an academy), overpaid and overpraised. This drives a level of disregard for the law and a level of misogyny out of all perspective to that that went before. The press is now the only constraint holding them back and even that doesn''t face down a super injunction. 

[quote user="BigFish"]

[quote user="First Jedi"]Footballers of the 60/70''s were drink driving, smoking, sexist, racist thugs in comparision to nowadays... but that is as much a cultural thing as anything... and it wasn''t recognised at the time because newspapers actually traded on the basis of reporting things that were actually relevant and interesting, rather than being glorified gossip rags that they are nowadays.[/quote]

What tosh.........Fottballers from the 60/70s reflected where they came from - the culture the environment. That may have sexist, it may have been racist but they were like the fans.

Now they are separated from that culture (often at age 8 if coming through an academy), overpaid and overpraised. This drives a level of disregard for the law and a level of misogyny out of all perspective to that that went before. The press is now the only constraint holding them back and even that doesn''t face down a super injunction. 

[/quote]

Fottballers?[:$]

What is interesting (?) is that were this to happen to so-called ordinary people who work within other sectors, they would most probably be suspended pending enquiries and maybe lose their job as a result.Why are footballers (famous people in general) supposedly exempt from this system?

Unlikely to be suspended for these types of offences (i dont know enough about Martin''s) failure to disclose a driver is usually 3-6 points and £60 - £300 fine.  Holts punishment was 6 month ban, so hes got worse than usual, but i dont know about his previous record, maybe he had other convictions, but normally fines are handed out relevent to your income.

Was a bit surprised Archant decided to tell everyone where macnamee lives.  At least he shouldn''t ever be late for a home game [:)]

[quote user="jed exodous"]

Unlikely to be suspended for these types of offences (i dont know enough about Martin''s) failure to disclose a driver is usually 3-6 points and £60 - £300 fine.  Holts punishment was 6 month ban, so hes got worse than usual, but i dont know about his previous record, maybe he had other convictions, but normally fines are handed out relevent to your income.

Was a bit surprised Archant decided to tell everyone where macnamee lives.  At least he shouldn''t ever be late for a home game [:)]

[/quote]I''m not to sure about that.

[quote user="BigFish"]

[/quote]Nice........

[quote user="ſilly ſauſage"][quote user="jed exodous"]

[/quote]

I''m not to sure about that.
[/quote]

No,i''m not sure about that either.It happens in a few European countries (Sweden or Finland i think) but not over here.

Does anyone think the club should by a mini-bus and a hire a full time driver? It has to be cheaper than all these fines and distractions.