Sign in to follow this  
Canary1902

What would you give?

I asked my brother (Man Utd Fan) if he would swap Utd''s 0-0 draw with Sunderland to a win, on the basis that Liverpool beat Blackpool. He said never, as seeing Liverpool in the relegation zone has made his year.

This conversation got me thinking what I would sacrifice to see Norwich promoted this season, and I am interested to hear what others would give up to see the Canaries flying high in the Prem again (Not that it won''t happen again of course)

Pointless post but there''s no Football for 2 weeks and I''m bored already!

If we go up and they don''t, I''d exchange the filth beating us in the FA cup semi-final.*

(*as long as I was assured before the game by the football gods - probably relatives of hoolahan - that my exchange was confirmed).

Well if we go up we''ll probably all sacrifice our clubs financial security for another 5 years so on that basis - I''m out.

Seriously, I fail to see why anyone would want us back in the prem. We should have a Speedway like system, win the league and have the option to tell them to poke it.

[quote user="Canary1902"]

I asked my brother (Man Utd Fan) if he would swap Utd''s 0-0 draw with Sunderland to a win, on the basis that Liverpool beat Blackpool. He said never, as seeing Liverpool in the relegation zone has made his year.

This conversation got me thinking what I would sacrifice to see Norwich promoted this season, and I am interested to hear what others would give up to see the Canaries flying high in the Prem again (Not that it won''t happen again of course)

[/quote]

But, no offence to him, but is your brother from Manchester, or does he ever go to games? I''m sure people who go to Man U matches would prefer to see them win and its a bonus if Liverpuddle flop, and theyd take a Man U win rather than seeing Liverpool lose anyday. For me, I''d love NCFC to be in the Premier League, but I''d hate to lose in a cup final/semi or anything else to that lot down the road!

Season ticket holder. Nearly every match. And he hates Liverpool. I''m with you, i''d rather see my team win. But then again, as shown in the post before yours, not everybody wants us to keep winning, because then we''d be promoted, which lots of people i''ve spoke to lately don''t want to happen

"Seriously, I fail to see why anyone would want us back in the prem."

Seriously? What a horrendously shocking and brainless thing to say.

You''re on your own pal!

What a barrel of laughs you must be on match day. Every time we score do you curse our luck, every time we take a step closer to promotion with each win, do you complain?

How the hell can you claim to support this club with an attitude like that? If you think promotions guarantees financial suicide then not only are you totally ignorant but your also missing the whole point of promotion. Its not just about the money in case someone forgot to tell you.

[quote user="Budgie"]"Seriously, I fail to see why anyone would want us back in the prem."

Seriously? What a horrendously shocking and brainless thing to say.

You''re on your own pal!

What a barrel of laughs you must be on match day. Every time we score do you curse our luck, every time we take a step closer to promotion with each win, do you complain?

How the hell can you claim to support this club with an attitude like that? If you think promotions guarantees financial suicide then not only are you totally ignorant but your also missing the whole point of promotion. Its not just about the money in case someone forgot to tell you.[/quote]

I''m afraid I resent the whole Premiership setup......''pal''. I resent seeing average players getting £40k a week. I resent what its done to the lower leagues. i resent what its done to the International setup.

We are, after all, still paying for the last excursion to the promised land.

And I''m far from on my own......''pal'', In fact i''d suggest that many of those beyond wide eyed teen years would be quite happy to see the prem elite sail away into the Euro league they so badly want and leave the rest of us to contest a structured and exciting national league.

There have been many discussions on here about it. Ask around.....''pal''

[quote]In fact i''d suggest that many of those beyond wide eyed teen years would

be quite happy to see the prem elite sail away into the Euro league

they so badly want and leave the rest of us to contest a structured and

exciting national league.[/quote]I''d also like the option to tell them to poke it, but it will never happen unless a large body of supporters got together to tell them to poke it.  Look what happened at the time of the last TV deal.  Lots of moans about grassroots being shafted in favour of giving Gerrard enough money to buy a house every month, then Gartside brings up the possibility of a 2 division premiership, and all the smaller clubs fall into line because they''re scared of being frozen out.  That''s how I remember it anyway.

Oh my God! Why are you people paying to go and watch Norwich,if you dont want them to be successful? Can you see Blackpool fans anywhere saying ''im really hating this, why did we have to get promoted?''? As somebody else said, are you happy when we lose (vs Watford for example) and upset when we are smashing in 3 past Bristol? I''d rather be an average Premier league side than an average championship side, let me tell you!

Hmmmm kinda going off the point here guys. But hey-ho, its a discussion I guess. Not being one to get into arguements, all I will say is everyone is entitled to their opinion. I personally believe its about progress, and moving upward throw the ranks. Yeah you could get relegated first season but not many teams get the chance to play in the Prem.

On the other side of the coin I certainly do agree that the Prem has wrecked football. Full of overpaid ego''s that quite frankly I don''t have the time of day for.

But I think it is teams like that (Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal) that make the smaller teams true football clubs. After all, they are the teams that are popular for actually playing footie, and not which pair of pants they are modelling this week, or which prositute they are having it away with.

Pro''s and cons for both. I''m with moving up, and promotion. But I certainly wouldn''t argue with the people who don''t want that, as there are many negatives. My only issue with staying in the Championship is what is your aim? Avoid Relegation?

Discuss people!! [H]

[quote user="ryan1992"]Oh my God! Why are you people paying to go and watch Norwich,if you dont want them to be successful? Can you see Blackpool fans anywhere saying ''im really hating this, why did we have to get promoted?''? As somebody else said, are you happy when we lose (vs Watford for example) and upset when we are smashing in 3 past Bristol? I''d rather be an average Premier league side than an average championship side, let me tell you![/quote]It''s a bit like going to see a sick relative and enjoying the experience, but wishing you could find a cure for their illness, I suppose.You can want a team to do well AND see the Premiership for what it is, I think.  And until this season the Premiership has been regular stuffings for the newcomers.  Maybe this season is a sign of things evening out at long last.

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="ryan1992"]Oh my God! Why are you people paying to go and watch Norwich,if you dont want them to be successful? Can you see Blackpool fans anywhere saying ''im really hating this, why did we have to get promoted?''? As somebody else said, are you happy when we lose (vs Watford for example) and upset when we are smashing in 3 past Bristol? I''d rather be an average Premier league side than an average championship side, let me tell you![/quote]It''s a bit like going to see a sick relative and enjoying the experience, but wishing you could find a cure for their illness, I suppose.You can want a team to do well AND see the Premiership for what it is, I think.  And until this season the Premiership has been regular stuffings for the newcomers.  Maybe this season is a sign of things evening out at long last.[/quote]I would be prepared to accept Nutty Nigel being run over by a fleet of steam rollers myself...... and really wouldn''t care less what I got in return.

[quote user="Cluckbert Chase"][quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="ryan1992"]Oh my God! Why are you people paying to go and watch Norwich,if you dont want them to be successful? Can you see Blackpool fans anywhere saying ''im really hating this, why did we have to get promoted?''? As somebody else said, are you happy when we lose (vs Watford for example) and upset when we are smashing in 3 past Bristol? I''d rather be an average Premier league side than an average championship side, let me tell you![/quote]

It''s a bit like going to see a sick relative and enjoying the experience, but wishing you could find a cure for their illness, I suppose.

You can want a team to do well AND see the Premiership for what it is, I think.  And until this season the Premiership has been regular stuffings for the newcomers.  Maybe this season is a sign of things evening out at long last.
[/quote]

I would be prepared to accept Nutty Nigel being run over by a fleet of steam rollers myself...... and really wouldn''t care less what I got in return.
[/quote]

Come and ''ave a go if you think you''re ''ard enuff Nora.....

But you''re not dealing with Taddy drinkers now....

quote user BA In fact i''d suggest that many of those beyond wide eyed teen years would be quite happy to see the prem elite sail away into the Euro league they so badly want and leave the rest of us to contest a structured and exciting national league. There have been many discussions on here about it. Ask around.....''pal''.......................................................... This can''t happen soon enough. The day the so called "big 4" jump ship will be the day real football returns. I honestly hope if we do get promoted that we give it a good go with what we have plus a few cheap singings and take the money and run. Clear the debt and wait for everything to come crashing down safe in the knowledge that we wont be one of them.

[quote user="ryan1992"]Oh my God! Why are you people paying to go and watch Norwich,if you dont want them to be successful? Can you see Blackpool fans anywhere saying ''im really hating this, why did we have to get promoted?''? As somebody else said, are you happy when we lose (vs Watford for example) and upset when we are smashing in 3 past Bristol? I''d rather be an average Premier league side than an average championship side, let me tell you![/quote]You need to learn to read. When did anybody say they don''t want Norwich to be successful????? Or an average Championship side???? Why would anybody be happy losing against Watford and upset beating Bristol??? Seriously, have a word with yourself.Nobody has said that they "don''t want to be successful". All that has been said is it would be great to win this league, then tell the FA to stick their "premiership" up their a***. It''s a pile of bloated, over-hyped, Sky-Sports crap and anyone that seriously believes it''s the "best league in the world" (even though they''ve no idea how good the French, German, Dutch or Portuguese league is because it''s not on Sky) is deluded. It''s more like wrestling these days, so I guess if you like wrestling, you might like modern, top level, English football. We''re one step away from Janet Jackson at half-time, except the Americans sort their "real" sports out so they remains fair, whereas our rich clubs continue to get richer and richer and the gap between them and the rest get wider and wider.I love football, I want us to win, I hate the premier league. It''s possible to do all three, but it makes the idea of getting promoted a bit frustrating.

[quote user="|BA"]Well if we go up we''ll probably all sacrifice our clubs financial security for another 5 years so on that basis - I''m out. Seriously, I fail to see why anyone would want us back in the prem. We should have a Speedway like system, win the league and have the option to tell them to poke it.

We''ll have more financial security in the Premiership cause we get more money from the TV deals!

Personally I hate what the Premiership has become, just a money cow designed for fairweather, corporate and TV fans with very little consideration for working class people who like to watch their team live on a Saturday afternoon. That said we''re never going to fulfill our potential unless we get in the Premiership where we can build the club up with better players and expand the stadium.

League Speedway in this Country is very unstable and has been for a long time. Last night I watched Coventry get crowned the Elite League champions by beating Poole who finished 26 points ahead of them in the 36 match League table. I follow both sports and have long wished that speedway was run like football which despite its unbalanced nature due to the obscene amounts of money on offer at the top level is still run much better!

[quote user="Mook"][quote user="ryan1992"]Oh my God! Why are you people paying to go and watch Norwich,if you dont want them to be successful? Can you see Blackpool fans anywhere saying ''im really hating this, why did we have to get promoted?''? As somebody else said, are you happy when we lose (vs Watford for example) and upset when we are smashing in 3 past Bristol? I''d rather be an average Premier league side than an average championship side, let me tell you![/quote]

You need to learn to read. When did anybody say they don''t want Norwich to be successful????? Or an average Championship side???? Why would anybody be happy losing against Watford and upset beating Bristol??? Seriously, have a word with yourself.

Nobody has said that they "don''t want to be successful". All that has been said is it would be great to win this league, then tell the FA to stick their "premiership" up their a***. It''s a pile of bloated, over-hyped, Sky-Sports crap and anyone that seriously believes it''s the "best league in the world" (even though they''ve no idea how good the French, German, Dutch or Portuguese league is because it''s not on Sky) is deluded. It''s more like wrestling these days, so I guess if you like wrestling, you might like modern, top level, English football. We''re one step away from Janet Jackson at half-time, except the Americans sort their "real" sports out so they remains fair, whereas our rich clubs continue to get richer and richer and the gap between them and the rest get wider and wider.

I love football, I want us to win, I hate the premier league. It''s possible to do all three, but it makes the idea of getting promoted a bit frustrating.
[/quote]

Ok, so nobody said that, BUT, If we were to win the league, then tell the FA to stuff promoting us, what would be the point of having a football team? Why would you want to win the league and gain sweet FA from it? Surely being in the Premier League against better sides is better, so we can see where we fair in England''s top league, rather than playing the likes of Barnsley and Scunthorpe week in week out for years on end? I, personally, would hate to have a team to support who had no ambition to move forward, plus what would other teams think? They''d hate it if we had the chance to go up, and we refuse to go up, while theyre in the middle of the table, fighting for promotion. Would you have thought years ago that Fulham would get to the European cup final? And that Blackpool would be winning at Anfield, even Stoke are aiming for Europe now, and this could be us in a few years to come under good management, financially and on the field management aswell

Ok, so nobody said that, BUT, If we were to win the league, then tell the FA to stuff promoting us, what would be the point of having a football team? Why would you want to win the league and gain sweet FA from it? Surely being in the Premier League against better sides is better, so we can see where we fair in England''s top league, rather than playing the likes of Barnsley and Scunthorpe week in week out for years on end? I, personally, would hate to have a team to support who had no ambition to move forward, plus what would other teams think? They''d hate it if we had the chance to go up, and we refuse to go up, while theyre in the middle of the table, fighting for promotion. Would you have thought years ago that Fulham would get to the European cup final? And that Blackpool would be winning at Anfield, even Stoke are aiming for Europe now, and this could be us in a few years to come under good management, financially and on the field management aswell

[quote user="ryan1992"]

[/quote]Here''s why I don''t care: it''s s**t. The premier league is crap. I don''t care if the team I support is playing such terribly small and unglamourous clubs as Leeds, Cardiff, Barnsley, Forest, Bristol City, Crystal Palace etc. The premier league is horrible. The Champions League is even worse, don''t get me started on that. It''s another ridiculous competition, set up by the Powers That Be to ensure Man Utd play Barcelona every year, even though (no doubt to their dismay) it doesn''t always turn out like that and they have to put up with minnows like Inter Milan playing Bayern Munich.Wanna know why Fulham got to the Europa League final? Because all the "big" teams put their eggs in the Champions League basket, or the domestic league in order to qualify for the Champions League, and so they play their reserves in the Europa League - it''s (sadly) now a mickey mouse cup, even though it once was the finest cup in world football. You wanna know why Blackpool beat Liverpool? Because Liverpool have run out of money. They can''t buy their way to success now, or buy replacements for their substandard players and it''s destroying them from the inside out. I find it hilarious, but it''s all about MONEY. If they had the money they had two seasons ago, they''d turn Blackpool over just like Chelsea and Arsenal did. I like Arsenal - they''re the only "big" team that are run to a budget.To me the premier league is overhyped glamourous nonsense all entirely revolving around money, either having it given to you on a plate, or raking in as much as you can. Kind of kills the "sport" part of it, for me.

[quote user="ryan1992"][quote user="Canary1902"]

[/quote]

But, no offence to him, but is your brother from Manchester, or does he ever go to games? I''m sure people who go to Man U matches would prefer to see them win and its a bonus if Liverpuddle flop, and theyd take a Man U win rather than seeing Liverpool lose anyday. For me, I''d love NCFC to be in the Premier League, but I''d hate to lose in a cup final/semi or anything else to that lot down the road!

[/quote]I''m with you Ryan!

[quote user="Mook"][quote user="ryan1992"]

[/quote]

Here''s why I don''t care: it''s s**t. The premier league is crap.

I don''t care if the team I support is playing such terribly small and unglamourous clubs as Leeds, Cardiff, Barnsley, Forest, Bristol City, Crystal Palace etc. The premier league is horrible. The Champions League is even worse, don''t get me started on that. It''s another ridiculous competition, set up by the Powers That Be to ensure Man Utd play Barcelona every year, even though (no doubt to their dismay) it doesn''t always turn out like that and they have to put up with minnows like Inter Milan playing Bayern Munich.

Wanna know why Fulham got to the Europa League final? Because all the "big" teams put their eggs in the Champions League basket, or the domestic league in order to qualify for the Champions League, and so they play their reserves in the Europa League - it''s (sadly) now a mickey mouse cup, even though it once was the finest cup in world football.

You wanna know why Blackpool beat Liverpool? Because Liverpool have run out of money. They can''t buy their way to success now, or buy replacements for their substandard players and it''s destroying them from the inside out. I find it hilarious, but it''s all about MONEY. If they had the money they had two seasons ago, they''d turn Blackpool over just like Chelsea and Arsenal did. I like Arsenal - they''re the only "big" team that are run to a budget.

To me the premier league is overhyped glamourous nonsense all entirely revolving around money, either having it given to you on a plate, or raking in as much as you can. Kind of kills the "sport" part of it, for me.
[/quote]

I''d hate to have a manager/team/Chief executive etc who dont want Norwich to achieve anything. Luckily for people like you we have QPR and Cardiff away soon, so losing to these will probably put us mid-table, I mean, having a good/successful team to be proud of would be a terrible thing wouldn''t it? [:|] Would you seriously want to pay hundreds of pounds to watch a team who is doing anything they can to not go up? Our best ever time in our history was when we were in the Premier league and in Europe. As ive said, i would take being an average Premier league side over rotting in the championship anyday. The longer you are in this league, the worse a team you become, eventually ending in relegation to league 1. Do you want this aswell?  

[quote user="Mook"][quote user="ryan1992"]

[/quote]

Here''s why I don''t care: it''s s**t. The premier league is crap.

I don''t care if the team I support is playing such terribly small and unglamourous clubs as Leeds, Cardiff, Barnsley, Forest, Bristol City, Crystal Palace etc. The premier league is horrible. The Champions League is even worse, don''t get me started on that. It''s another ridiculous competition, set up by the Powers That Be to ensure Man Utd play Barcelona every year, even though (no doubt to their dismay) it doesn''t always turn out like that and they have to put up with minnows like Inter Milan playing Bayern Munich.

Wanna know why Fulham got to the Europa League final? Because all the "big" teams put their eggs in the Champions League basket, or the domestic league in order to qualify for the Champions League, and so they play their reserves in the Europa League - it''s (sadly) now a mickey mouse cup, even though it once was the finest cup in world football.

You wanna know why Blackpool beat Liverpool? Because Liverpool have run out of money. They can''t buy their way to success now, or buy replacements for their substandard players and it''s destroying them from the inside out. I find it hilarious, but it''s all about MONEY. If they had the money they had two seasons ago, they''d turn Blackpool over just like Chelsea and Arsenal did. I like Arsenal - they''re the only "big" team that are run to a budget.

To me the premier league is overhyped glamourous nonsense all entirely revolving around money, either having it given to you on a plate, or raking in as much as you can. Kind of kills the "sport" part of it, for me.
[/quote]

Now Mook you know full well that "BigBob''s Little Norwich" competed against the best in that league a few years ago regularly beating those top clubs including Manchester United. The fact we now have to be content with Barnsley and Scunthorpe is because "The Cooks Little Norwich" spent a few bob on knives and forks.

But seriously I agree with your points entirely but we do have to aim to play in that Poxy Premier League. We are a football team in a football league competition. You cannot stand still. It''s just not possible. You have to strive to be the best or else slip down with those who are unable to compete anywhere near the top of the pyramid. This happened a few seasons ago when we sold our good players and replaced them with "Championship players". Hucks commented on it if you remember. But we didn''t stand still because the ambitious clubs came past us ensuring we went backwards.

The best thing that could happen would be if we gained promotion to the top division at the same time that the game came to it''s senses. We''d then be in a very strong position indeed. Cook or no cook!

[quote user="ryan1992"]

I''d hate to have a manager/team/Chief executive etc who dont want Norwich to achieve anything. Luckily for people like you we have QPR and Cardiff away soon, so losing to these will probably put us mid-table, I mean, having a good/successful team to be proud of would be a terrible thing wouldn''t it? [:|] Would you seriously want to pay hundreds of pounds to watch a team who is doing anything they can to not go up? Our best ever time in our history was when we were in the Premier league and in Europe. As ive said, i would take being an average Premier league side over rotting in the championship anyday. The longer you are in this league, the worse a team you become, eventually ending in relegation to league 1. Do you want this aswell?  

[/quote]Yeah.That''s exactly what I want.If you''re not going to read my post, why bother having this conversation. Tw*t.

Run with the hare and hunt with the hounds. We all want the best for Norwich City and the Premiership would offer this, financially and in status. Unfortunately the Premier League is now, as a previous post highlighted ....... " S**t".   

[quote user="IBA"] I''m afraid I resent the whole Premiership setup......''pal''. I resent seeing average players getting £40k a week. I resent what its done to the lower leagues. i resent what its done to the International setup. We are, after all, still paying for the last excursion to the promised land. And I''m far from on my own......''pal'', In fact i''d suggest that many of those beyond wide eyed teen years would be quite happy to see the prem elite sail away into the Euro league they so badly want and leave the rest of us to contest a structured and exciting national league. There have been many discussions on here about it. Ask around.....''pal''[/quote]

This is bordering hilarious!

I guess that you also resent seeing us in a playoff position?

A return to Premier League football, even for one season, could balance the books at Norwich.

[quote user="ryan1992"]

[quote user="BA"]....and he''s right[/quote]

Why am I a * for wanting Norwich in the Premier League?

[/quote]No.... You''ve just been surrounded by arse wipes......

run with the hare........ there is another saying. you can fly with the Eagles or peck shite on the ground with the chickens. i know which i prefer. ( i put a capital at start of Eagles so it wouldn''t be taken to mean palarse)