Sign in to follow this  
Brendo

Under 21 game tomorrow!

I really can''t wait. I know it''s no Norwich game, but still should be good! Not as good as not having the international break, but still should be good never the less.Anyway, does anyone have any idea who is going to play? I know Carroll isn''t, because the other 3 strikers were in the team last game and played well. Notable players: Ryan BertrandMicah Richards (think he is injured)Michael MancienneKieran GibbsChris SmallingMarc AlbrightonJack Wilshere (no idea if he will play, is he in the senior squad?)Jordan HendersonMuambaaaaaaDanny RoseNathan Delfenaouso (or how ever the fuck you spell it)Danny WelbeckDaniel Sturridgeanyone else? But yeah, should be good atmosphere is a full(mainly) Carrow Road.

I reckon:

Fielding

Richards   Smalling   Jones   Gibbs

Henderson   Muamba   Wilshere   Rose

Sturridge   Welbeck

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]Gibbs is out.
[/quote]

It''ll be Bertrand starting!

don;t get out much then !!!! will not be great and those names don;t fill me with any enthusiasm at all , a good night out for kids , but adults not so much

[quote user="gary "]don;t get out much then !!!! will not be great and those names don;t fill me with any enthusiasm at all , a good night out for kids , but adults not so much[/quote]

Depends whether you actually have any interest in football, which I''m assuming you don''t?!

[quote user="The Beard"]

[quote user="gary "]don;t get out much then !!!! will not be great and those names don;t fill me with any enthusiasm at all , a good night out for kids , but adults not so much[/quote]

Depends whether you actually have any interest in football, which I''m assuming you don''t?!

[/quote]

Couldn''t agree more - the first game I saw like this at Carrow Road had most of the players who the following year went on to win the World Cup for England in the side - obviously not worth going out for!

the majority won;t even be regular premier league players let alone internationals - I saw Denmark under21''s at Carrow Road in the early 80''s - only remeber Woods and Watson playing rest just passed me by

International football bores me

[quote user="gary "]the majority won;t even be regular premier league players let alone internationals[/quote]

Seems like a pretty poorly informed comment.  From the OP''s lists, without looking into it in any detail:

Micah Richards - a regular for Man City, for a few seasons, and has been capped by the full international team
Michael Mancienne - has spent a couple of seasons on loan at Wolves playing regularly in the Premier League.
Kieran Gibbs - has played plenty for Arsenal and has been called up to the full internationals, if I''m not mistaken
Chris Smalling - played regularly for Fulham last year and has made a few appearances for Man Utd already this year.
Marc Albrighton - has played fairly regularly for Villa this season
Jack Wilshere - played regularly for Arsenal and capped as a full international
Muambaaaaaa - played regularly for Bolton and Birmingham City over the last three seasons
Danny Welbeck - has made appearances for Sunderland and Man Utd in the Premier League
Daniel Sturridge - has made appearances for Chelsea and Man City in the Premier League

From the current full England squad, Joe Hart, Tom Huddlestone, Adam Johnson, Jack Wilshire and Ashley Young have all been in U21 squads within the last few years.

So yeah, no point watching the Under-21''s, as nobody that plays for them is ever any good.

Thought it was a pretty tame encounter. [:(] Wilshere was poor, ish. Henderson and number 7 impressed me. As did Albrighton when brought on. We looked decent at the back, but just not that good. Now I am no Romania expert, but in my opinion, we have some really decent youngsters and should''ve walked that game. Actually, how the hell didn''t we automatically qualify? Some clearly good players there for their clubs, but don''t seem to be amazing. Some clear resemblance to the senior side. [:$] [:-#]

That''ll be the Romania who won eight and drew one of their ten qualifying games then.  Good to see the lack of respect for the opposition extends to under-21 level too...

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]That''ll be the Romania who won eight and drew one of their ten qualifying games then.  Good to see the lack of respect for the opposition extends to under-21 level too...[/quote]Oh, fair enough. Haha my my I was wrong. But come on, you''d hardly expect them to be great? [:|]And if they got 25 points out of 30, then they''d have qualified automatically?

They did win their group - I checked.  I don''t know a great deal about this tournament but I assume that the group winners qualify for play-offs rather than automatically.