Sign in to follow this  
Dame to Blame

Will we ever get a decsion fir once

Once again a stonewall penalty according to the radio skysports and worthy , will we ever get a bit of luck this season the refs have been just awful and have cost us a few points this season , points that could keep us up im convinced that some of the refs are getting back handers form a few guys in asia .

I was watching Sky Sport News and Alan McNally was commentating when they went to him and he said "its a penalty", then a pause then "its not been given" almost incredulously. Even the presenter of the show agreed it was blatant.

I think this was the same ref who was at our game against Soton who awarded everything to them- including another blatant penalty from a Hux cross in front of the Barclay. If so the guy should never referee another match involving our team as he must be biased against us.

We have definitely been on the end of some shocking decisions this season, worth a few points by now probably.

You could say it evens itself out, looking back on last season we got some shocking decisions in our favour for penalties, re-takes etc

We were at the game last night and perfectly in line with Francis''s shot as it flew into the box and onto the arm. So was Wiley perfectly in line too. It was an unbelievable non-decision, but totally typical of the big-team loving attention-grabbing sycophants of Referees we seem to be cursed with all to often.

That said I felt a strange mixture of pride as well as depression last night - pride at the team whose commitment was first class (God - I sound like Worthy now, but it was more noticable than the majority of occasions he''s said it), who battled well and actually looked solid defensively for the vast majority of the game (Holt''s ability to cover the full backs was noticably helpful in that respect) and the smallish group of supporters by this seasons standards who were as ever absolutely magnificent in their non-stop singing (more than can said for the whinging and silent blue-noses). The pitch was a pudding - worst I''ve seen for ages even in Fizzy League - and we really deserved something out of the game. Let''s hope no heads drop before the real crunch on saturday - siege mentality CAN be a good thing!!

[quote]Once again a stonewall penalty according to the radio skysports and worthy , will we ever get a bit of luck this season the refs have been just awful and have cost us a few points this season , points...[/quote]

I told you all back in the summer that the ref`s don`t give the little teams many big decsions, its not fare i know but thats life...

[quote]Once again a stonewall penalty according to the radio skysports and worthy , will we ever get a bit of luck this season the refs have been just awful and have cost us a few points this season , points...[/quote]

While I do agree we should have had a penalty, I don''t see the point of complaining about a penalty we didn''t get.  If we had taken half our chances Wednesday, we could have won comfortably.