Sign in to follow this  
Pabs

Is Simeon Jackson the new Earnie?

Watching Jackson''s performance against Brizzle on Saturday helped me to come to a comparison between him and Rob Earnshaw...

What a finisher! He had only two good chances to score and got both of them. He had another one or two half-chances and at least worried the keeper or got an effort near goal (ie.the header at far post). Also, he can probably go through some games where he doesn''t get much of a chance or seems anonymous but could pop up with a winner if given a sniff.

I think the big difference he could make is that his pace and running in behind leaves more space deeper for Hoolahan in particular to have a bigger impact on game. I think C Martin is a smashing player, but he also tends to come deep, whereas Jackson gives more options for our midfielders and offers them the space to exploit whilst he is giving last-line defenders a headache.

I am trying not to go over the top about Jacko, he has had one good game, but just some observations really. I think that between our main three strikers there will be enough goals to keep us near the top of the league!

Not sure he''s the new Earnie, but your comment about his pace creating more space for Wes is spot-on and the main reason I was so excited by his goals on Saturday. If he proves his worth at this level then our team will be greatly improved.

I still think that by season''s end our front two will be Martin and Jackson...

Has Simeon rolled up in the club car park yet - in a gas gorging Hummer (with decorative spinning hub-caps)?

Then....and only then, will Simeon Jackson, be the new Earnie...

Has he got "short fat hairy legs"?

Will he pick my bonds?

Can he drive a milk float?

More information needed before an answer can be given

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

Has Simeon rolled up in the club car park yet - in a gas gorging Hummer (with decorative spinning hub-caps)?

[/quote]

Funnily enough, he does drive a big, black Mercedes 4x4 (not a milk float), as he dropped it off at STS on Carrow Road when I was in there getting my tyres changed, a few ago.

[quote user="The Beard"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

Funnily enough, he does drive a big, black Mercedes 4x4 (not a milk float), as he dropped it off at STS on Carrow Road when I was in there getting my tyres changed, a few ago.

[/quote]

Was there a ''booster cushion'' on the drivers seat....?

I thought that he reminds me of mckenzie. Similar build, quick and looks like he could be a handful for defenders. If he bangs in two against the scum I along with thousands of others will be one happy man esp seeing a certain MR Keane crying at the final whistle. Roll on November!

[quote user="SnakepitCanary"]

He''s apparently the 7th most efficient striker in England:

http://www.imscouting.com/global-news-article/Leeds-Davide-Somma-is-most-efficient-scorer-in-England/11111/

A goal ever 100 minutes isn''t bad at all.

[/quote]I think they''ve underestimated his value at €400k, seeing as we spent £600k+ on him this summer.Somma''s undervalued too, at €100-250k. He should be worth a bit more, given his start.

Earnshaw briefly diverted from football to become a member of the highly sucessful dutch dance act ''Superfreakz'', famously appearing in the Michael Jackson Thriller parody hit ''Super Freak''.

Only when Jackson can bost similar success can you make such a comparison.

In short, possibly. Earnie came to us with a bigger reputation and certainly delivered. He did play many of his games as a lone striker too, but with Hucks and Crofts attacking from the wings. We play a different style now, but I certainly see the likeness.