Sign in to follow this  
Chunky Norwich

Stefanovic

Just read that he''s signed for Havent & Waterlooville (or whatever they''re called).

Really don''t mind players leaving the club or trying to better themselves but do feel a bit of schadenfreude in this case seeing as we stuck through with him for a full year paying him thousands of pounds a week

[quote user="Chunky Norwich"]Just read that he''s signed for Havent & Waterlooville (or whatever they''re called).

Really don''t mind players leaving the club or trying to better themselves but do feel a bit of schadenfreude in this case seeing as we stuck through with him for a full year paying him thousands of pounds a week[/quote]Glenn roeder... football genius!

He looked like a decent acquistion when he played for us in those very few games, but shame about injury.

Good luck to him [Y]

He was obviously a very good player when he came to us, but due to injuries it never really worked out. He always said when he left the club that he wanted to return to playing football somewhere on the south coast and it seems he has achieved that.

Hope he does well down there and is now over his injuries.

He was obviously a decent player before he joined Norwich. Problem was that when he joined us he was at the end of his career and clearly couldn''t think or move as fast he once did. I saw him play in his first match for us at Coventry on the opening day of the season 2008/09 and I winced when he scythed down one of their forwards just outside our area. How he wasn''t sent off God only knows. Then not so long after I was at Southampton when he did the same but this time the foul was deemed to be inside the area and a penalty/given away in a match we deserved to win and blew it. No doubt he was still commanding defending high balls coming into the area but IMO he was more of a liability than an asset.

sadly he was not the clairvoyant you seem to think necessary for the job

[quote user="Chunky Norwich"]Just read that he''s signed for Havent & Waterlooville (or whatever they''re called). Really don''t mind players leaving the club or trying to better themselves but do feel a bit of schadenfreude in this case seeing as we stuck through with him for a full year paying him thousands of pounds a week[/quote]

Not this old chestnut again. We paid him because he had a contract. He wanted to stay, we wanted to offload, a settlement was agreed, he left. He certainly doesn''t deserve the sort of opprobium he gets when all he did wrong was pick up a serious injury for the cause. I agree he was past his best, but he was a decent guy and a good pro. I hope he gets some enjoyment out of his final seasons.

It''s a pity more ex-Bigtime Charlies don''t swallow their pride and do likewise...... The players around him will benefit and it shows that he is not just obsessed with money.  Since the likes of Martin Peters et al went out of the game in their twilight years football has never been the same.

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="Chunky Norwich"]Just read that he''s signed for Havent & Waterlooville (or whatever they''re called). Really don''t mind players leaving the club or trying to better themselves but do feel a bit of schadenfreude in this case seeing as we stuck through with him for a full year paying him thousands of pounds a week[/quote]

Not this old chestnut again. We paid him because he had a contract. He wanted to stay, we wanted to offload, a settlement was agreed, he left. He certainly doesn''t deserve the sort of opprobium he gets when all he did wrong was pick up a serious injury for the cause. I agree he was past his best, but he was a decent guy and a good pro. I hope he gets some enjoyment out of his final seasons.

[/quote]Lol ,is that a real word?[;)]

My My! At Waterloo, Stefanovic defendedOh yeah, and we have replaced him with some bloke from WBA

The history book on the shelf

Is always repeating itself

Waterloo - his knees were defeated and always sore

Waterloo - got a big payoff, so he''s not poor

Waterloo - Haven''t they got better things to do?

Waterloo - maybe they''ll scrape up into League Two

[quote user="Beauseant"]

when all he did wrong was pick up a serious injury for the cause.

[/quote]

What about all those penalties Beaus[:^)]

Maybe we should forget about them and add them to Docs total. They''d soon get lost amongst that lot[;)]

Good luck to him even if it doesn''t make b uggerall difference to me or Norwich City FC!

To me Stefanovic epitomises what was so wrong with the club at the time. He was a player clearly on the wane who was signed cause of his name. He was good with the ball at his feet but not great at defending. I suspect that even if he didn''t get injured he would of struggled for us.