Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Hotrod

Cody Mac

Not sure if this has been posted already, I don''t get to be around broadband much these days see, but i was watching ''goals of the week'' on the bbc site and saw England''s number 1 chipping in with a great solo goal.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/

Well done Cody!

Hadn''t seen it before.  Very nice goal, though if he was still here people would complain about how wide he had pulled in order to collect the ball.

That was class! Chipping the ball round the outside of the defender was very crafty, wrong-footing the whole defence. I think he''s got more of a footballing brain than he''s often credited with. Difficult to judge how he''d fare against better defences though.Still think we should have kept him here & loaned Oli. But I suppose at least he now has the opportunity to score goals & prove his worth.

Cody has those flashes of utter inspirational football where I think he could be something special. Other times he makes the most basic of mistakes. I think a season at Gillingham will do him well.

[quote user="TheGoogler"]Cody has those flashes of utter inspirational football where I think he could be something special. Other times he makes the most basic of mistakes. I think a season at Gillingham will do him well.[/quote]Utterly agree [Y]

... and he was brought down after breaking away at pace in the first minute resulting in the opponent being booked, and could even have been sent off.  I really think that Lambert should be considering the option of playing Jackson and Cody together next season. With the pace of both of those in the same team we could cause many problems for the opposition as opposed to the more statuesque play of Holt and Martin. 

Very pleased to see Cody doing well, but to say he should be starting for us is ludicrous.

Hopefully the year away will improve his all-round game, meaning he can come back and challenge next season, as opposed to us moving him on and having to bring someone else in.

A strong side needs 5 good strikers in my opinion. We have 4 in Holt/Jackson/Martin/Johnson. If Cody keeps his form up, he''ll force himself back into our squad.

[quote user="El Choppo"]He''s playing in League Two for a reason.

[/quote]

Indeed, and he is also doing very well for a reason, not least because he is a good player.  [:D]

[quote user="CanaryJames"]Very pleased to see Cody doing well, but to say he should be starting for us is ludicrous. Hopefully the year away will improve his all-round game, meaning he can come back and challenge next season, as opposed to us moving him on and having to bring someone else in. A strong side needs 5 good strikers in my opinion. We have 4 in Holt/Jackson/Martin/Johnson. If Cody keeps his form up, he''ll force himself back into our squad.[/quote]

It''s not a case of him having to start. It would just be a great option available that we currently lack.

[quote user="paul moy"]That''s three consecutive Saturdays that he has scored.... this time a headed goal  [/quote]Was also quite conclusively voted man of the match on most the Gillingham fan websites too, they hold him in very high esteem.Could be following those performances up with another MOM Champagne again today (or whatever the equivalent is that they award at League Two level).

[quote user="paul moy"]

[quote user="El Choppo"]He''s playing in League Two for a reason.[/quote]

Indeed, and he is also doing very well for a reason, not least because he is a good player.  [:D]

[/quote]I agree, but if he was as good as you suggest then we wouldn''t have used him as bait to sign Simeon Jackson.

[quote user="paul moy"]... and he was brought down after breaking away at pace in the first minute resulting in the opponent being booked, and could even have been sent off.  I really think that Lambert should be considering the option of playing Jackson and Cody together next season. With the pace of both of those in the same team we could cause many problems for the opposition as opposed to the more statuesque play of Holt and Martin. [/quote]So you''re basing that on one scoring three goals in league 2 and the other one after starting two games.Cody or Holt? Errr.....

[quote user="John"]Could be following those performances up with another MOM Champagne again today (or whatever the equivalent is that they award at League Two level).[/quote]Lambrini.  [;)]

[quote user="NCFC-47"] If we got promoted to premiership would you seel him or loan to another club?
[/quote]

not "If" but When we get

A good hard working player with a great attitude, who looks like he''ll score goal whenever he''s been in our side, but i''m not sure he''s going to be able to hold down a regular spot upfront for us at the levels that Lambert wants to reach. I''d personally gladly see him on our bench but at 25 he probably needs to play alot more games than we as a club can offer him and not sure if i can see him breaking into the front line even if he stayed on next season, isnt he in the last year of his contract aswell?