Sign in to follow this  
InLambertWeTrust!

So who thinks....

[quote user="CT"]that if dear ol Bryaaaaaaaaaan was in charge we''d be sitting pretty in the championship promotion spots?

This should set the cat among the pigeons [;)]
[/quote]

I will admit it did make me laugh that he could not even judge what his own son''s best position was. Particularly as Angus Gunn has now gained international recognition as a goalkeeper. But I think it is wrong to keep continuing to bash him given his personal and playing exploits for both Norwich and the local community. The board made the correct decision to remove him and replace him with Paul Lambert. Lets leave it there.

Of course we would. In fact I think we would be top by now.

Gunny was a great managerial talent who could have walked into any other job. His modest demeanour was such that he decided to go into telephone sales.

Never forget that he signed Holty. Those that say Lambert wanted him at Colchester well before we did but they couldn''t afford him were just spouting sour grapes.

Nope - I will always remember the brave backs to the wall effort at The Valley a couple of years ago. The special talent of putting Shackell at left back.

Boy - those were really the days!

Your a key seems to be sticking, what have you been upto during the international break.

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]Of course we would. In fact I think we would be top by now. Gunny was a great managerial talent who could have walked into any other job. His modest demeanour was such that he decided to go into telephone sales. Never forget that he signed Holty. Those that say Lambert wanted him at Colchester well before we did but they couldn''t afford him were just spouting sour grapes. Nope - I will always remember the brave backs to the wall effort at The Valley a couple of years ago. The special talent of putting Shackell at left back. Boy - those were really the days![/quote]

Umm Lambert said that.

[quote user="IncH_HigH "]Your a key seems to be sticking, what have you been upto during the international break.[/quote]Aaaaaaaanaaaaaaaal traaaaaaaaaaaaaaaansexuaaaaaaaaaaaaaals?[;)]

No offence CT but in all honesty there''s really little point to this topic, we can all guess what might have happened last season under Gunny but he''s gone and we''ve got Lambert. Gunny tried and gave it his best which sadly wasn''t good enough.

No need to bring it all up again, nor to disrespect a man who should still be held in high regard as one of the finest Goalkeepers we''ve had. I#m happy with the way the club has progressed under Lambert & i''m thankful for that.

[quote user="CT"]that if dear ol Bryaaaaaaaaaan was in charge we''d be sitting pretty in the championship promotion spots?This should set the cat among the pigeons [;)][/quote]bloody hell stop with the Gunny bashing. he was sacked, we got a new manager, we got promoted, we are now 3rd. Gunny was a useless football manager, but is a top bloke and was a top player. I hope in time people will remember his 12 year playing career in our most successful ever peirod, rather than his ill fated and ill advised 10 month spell as manager

[quote user="The Saturday Boy"][quote user="CT"]that if dear ol Bryaaaaaaaaaan was in charge we''d be sitting pretty in the championship promotion spots?

This should set the cat among the pigeons [;)]
[/quote]

bloody hell stop with the Gunny bashing. he was sacked, we got a new manager, we got promoted, we are now 3rd. Gunny was a useless football manager, but is a top bloke and was a top player. I hope in time people will remember his 12 year playing career in our most successful ever peirod, rather than his ill fated and ill advised 10 month spell as manager
[/quote]

Thats far too sensible to have been posted on here mate

[quote user="CT"]that if dear ol Bryaaaaaaaaaan was in charge we''d be sitting pretty in the championship promotion spots?[/quote]Nobody, I would imagine.

Yawn yawn yawn!

Can''t we leave poor old Gunny alone!

He was an easy cheap scapegoat of the former failing, run out of ideas board who was in the wrong place at the wrong time and was never going to turn the job down!

For the record, I think had we keep Gunny in charge last season and Paul Lambert would of never happened we''d of finished in the top 10 outside the play off positions and we''d now be playing in front of 20-21,000 crowds (at best!) stuck in League 1 for possibly quite a few years!