Sign in to follow this  
flecky76

Not happy with record attendance this evening

This might be slightly tongue in cheek, but I don''t like the idea of breaking attendance record (since all-seater) for an England game...  would be far happier it being broken for a NORWICH game, after all it is OUR ground!!  To outsiders, it will seem that we are only capable of filling the stadium for a non-Norwich game, whereas we know that''s not strictly the case!  Obviously non-segregation adds a few hundred extra seats available, but given our newly-increased capacity to around 26,500 (after segregation), here''s hoping we break it again in November against Leeds or Scum!!!!

Then I can rest in peace...

I hope we it break with Palace or Boro. To those watching tonight there was not an explanation it just made it seem people show for an England game and not a club game

[quote user="Lambert is King"]I hope we it break with Palace or Boro. To those watching tonight there was not an explanation it just made it seem people show for an England game and not a club game[/quote]

Perhaps the ticket prices last night was a factor to consider, not just an England or club game issue.

[quote user="flecky76"]This might be slightly tongue in cheek, but I don''t like the idea of breaking attendance record (since all-seater) for an England game...  would be far happier it being broken for a NORWICH game, after all it is OUR ground!!  To outsiders, it will seem that we are only capable of filling the stadium for a non-Norwich game, whereas we know that''s not strictly the case!  Obviously non-segregation adds a few hundred extra seats available, but given our newly-increased capacity to around 26,500 (after segregation), here''s hoping we break it again in November against Leeds or Scum!!!!

Then I can rest in peace...[/quote]

Agreed.  But i don`t think we`ll have to wait too long before we break it.

[quote user="Herman "]You''ll get Brendo started again,Mr C[:P][/quote]He''s fucking right though!All those glory huntinng cunts can fuck off for all I care! Sod their money! Well they can give the club their money, but not turn up. [:)]

The record was never going to be broken with a Norwich game because there is always the need to segregate supporters when we play, thereby losing seating capacity. (There was no requirement for segregation last night).  

The current ground capacity at Carrow Road is 27,033 which gets reduced to about 26550 with segregation.

I can''t understand why H&S prevented us from selling 27,000 cause their was no segregation and the crowd was mainly kids.

I''m sure last nights 25,700 crowd will get beaten this season probably for the Leedscum game and the Derby game and if we''re pushing for a top 6 spot from late February onwards we''ll get 26,000+ for most games!

Didn''t SDP say it was something to do with the corporate boxes as to why capacity was limited to under 26k last night? We''ll beat 25,749 several times this season I''m sure.

We''ll break that record several times this season, wouldn''t be surprised if the Palace game is over 26k if they bring a reasonable amount which they generally do. If not I''d imagine Leeds and Ipswich will both be in the region of 26500 next month and there''ll be many others as the season progresses especially if we keep doing well..

Personally I am delighted with the attendance we got on Friday night. It shows the complete folly of having places like MK Dons and Plymouth as candidate cities for the world cup bid. Obviously neither could be considered as venues for the game yesterday because they were hosting league 1 fixtures the next day. However I think the FA have had a lucky escape as both games would in all probability have been played in front of pretty sparse crowds. This would have looked terrible in the context of the world cup bid which is meant to showcase the enthuasam of local communities for football.

The issue of the world cup leaving a legacy is also something I find hilarious. The legacy of the World Cup in South Africa will be stadiums which are complete white elephants. The same would happen with a 45,000 stadium in Milton Keynes or Plymouth will never be even half full and could suffocate the club in the way a big stadium has helped to crush Darlington. Call me biased but increasing the capacity of Carrow Road to around 30,000 would be a much richer legacy because it would potentially open it the club to a new generation of fans particularly if it meant ticket prices could be reduced.

I don''t think attendances will be an issue if we hosted the World Cup again, wherever the matches are held.

[quote user="Largey"]I don''t think attendances will be an issue if we hosted the World Cup again, wherever the matches are held.[/quote]

But what about this idea of leaving a positive ''legacy'' that FIFA are seemingly obsessed about.

[quote user="Jacko"]

Personally I am delighted with the attendance we got on Friday night. It shows the complete folly of having places like MK Dons and Plymouth as candidate cities for the world cup bid. Obviously neither could be considered as venues for the game yesterday because they were hosting league 1 fixtures the next day. However I think the FA have had a lucky escape as both games would in all probability have been played in front of pretty sparse crowds. This would have looked terrible in the context of the world cup bid which is meant to showcase the enthuasam of local communities for football.

The issue of the world cup leaving a legacy is also something I find hilarious. The legacy of the World Cup in South Africa will be stadiums which are complete white elephants. The same would happen with a 45,000 stadium in Milton Keynes or Plymouth will never be even half full and could suffocate the club in the way a big stadium has helped to crush Darlington. Call me biased but increasing the capacity of Carrow Road to around 30,000 would be a much richer legacy because it would potentially open it the club to a new generation of fans particularly if it meant ticket prices could be reduced.

[/quote]

We have already shown that most of the time with a larger stadium our stadium would also look empty and only be full when we are winning something or playing Ipswich or filling seats at ridiculously low prices adding to our debt. If Milton Keynes were top of the Championship or in the premiership or even giving away tickets like we used to as much as I hate to say it  ( hate franchise ) they would have at least as many fans as us. Cheap football at FCR just to get fans in is a thing of the past.  

Even when theres no game, people always find something to moan about.  If it weren''t for the free bet thread, i wouldn''t logged onto this site for the last week.  What does it even matter what the record attendance is?  Fans on here wind themselves up over such trivial things that they cannot influence or change.

[quote user="jed exodous"]Even when theres no game, people always find something to moan about.  If it weren''t for the free bet thread, i wouldn''t logged onto this site for the last week.  What does it even matter what the record attendance is?  Fans on here wind themselves up over such trivial things that they cannot influence or change.[/quote]

Agreed. Completely pointless thread !

[quote user="LinkNR9"]The record was never going to be broken with a Norwich game because there is always the need to segregate supporters when we play, thereby losing seating capacity. (There was no requirement for segregation last night).  [/quote]I heard we''re going to have a friendly U21 game at Carrow Road against Holland in a month or two.  They''re giving Nana a deck chair infront of the Hotel.

We have already shown that most of the time with a larger stadium our stadium would also look empty and only be full when we are winning something or playing Ipswich or filling seats at ridiculously low prices adding to our debt. If Milton Keynes were top of the Championship or in the premiership or even giving away tickets like we used to as much as I hate to say it  ( hate franchise ) they would have at least as many fans as us. Cheap football at FCR just to get fans in is a thing of the past.  

The 1st part of your post is true. I think we''d get 30-35,000 crowds if we established ourselves in the Premeirship or were pushing for promotion in the Championship or against the Scum or seling cheap tickets but putting us at a similar level to a club that on a good day can''t attract crowds even half of what we get is just wrong and stinks of the "little old Norwich" urban myth that so many fans seem to believe.