Sign in to follow this  
Jakesacanary

Rise in young football hooligans ?

I have just read on the BBC Website that there has been a rise in young hooligans at football matches.......mainly at lower league games. Is this evident at England matches, note the flags around the ground.

Thoughts please....

"Is this evident at England matches, note the flags around the ground. "

Wow! It''s so clear now you mention it. English flag does equal young football hooligan... is *so* obvious! Lets just string up anyone with a modicum of national pride, under the age of 25... just to make sure, eh?

More BS spread by the media.  Football hooliganism is nowhere  at the levels of the 70s & 80s.  What is happening is clubs clapping down hard on stupid stuff like, pitch encroachment (sounds familiar).  And enforcing prejudiced chanting.  Hooliganism isn''t up, clubs are clamping down.

Does anyone know Belinda?

Where does she sit, if it’s the lower Barclay I will buy you a pie and a pint (sorry fruit based drink for the ladies)

She stood her ground, even if she did get a bit wound up by the mockney wannabe Neanderthal.

[quote user="canary cherub "]

There''s a phone in on Radio 5 Live right now

Mostly older hooligans saying "I''m fighting for my club/country"

[:S]

[/quote]thats a pathetic comment from the people on the phone in.. "im fighting for my country" no you arent you fat, sweaty old man,,,give him a rifle and send him to afghanistan.. after he has sh*t himself he might just decide to fight a bit.

[quote user="canary cherub "]

There''s a phone in on Radio 5 Live right now

Mostly older hooligans saying "I''m fighting for my club/country"

[:S]

[/quote]Radio FiveLive. The graveyard of intelligence.

[quote user="cantthinkofagoodname"]Does anyone know Belinda?

Where does she sit, if it’s the lower Barclay I will buy you a pie and a pint (sorry fruit based drink for the ladies)

She stood her ground, even if she did get a bit wound up by the mockney wannabe Neanderthal.[/quote]

Whereas you merely belittle with sexist patronisation.

[quote user="ur just a man in a jacket"]Norwich has the NHS (Norwich Hit Squad). Dont know much about the people though or where they sit[/quote]

last time I saw any of them was at Chelsea away in the Prem. they all looked early 40''s

[quote user="no. 6"]Police in talking up crime just before their budgets get slashed shocker.[/quote]Succinctly observed....Next it will be the firemen complaining about the heat..... doctors complaining that they have to see sick people and civil servants protesting about bed sores having sat on their lazy arses all day.

I teach at a High School in Norfolk, and a lot of the young lads there follow City home and away.

Hate to say it, but the vast majority of them love the thought of being a football hooligan. May well just be a case of kids being kids, but the glorification of fighting over football from films like Green Street has really gone to their heads.

Hopefully they''ll grow up a bit and realise how pathetic they sound.

[quote]

I teach at a High School in Norfolk, and a lot of the young lads there follow City home and away.

Hate to say it, but the vast majority of them love the thought of being a football hooligan. May well just be a case of kids being kids, but the glorification of fighting over football from films like Green Street has really gone to their heads.

Hopefully they''ll grow up a bit and realise how pathetic they sound.

[/quote]Surely most of it is just bravado?

Very possibly.

The thing is, you go back even a few years and that attitude didn''t exist amongst the City supporting kids i came across, so i think there might actually be something in this.

|BA said

Whereas I merely belittle with sexist patronisation.

Do I ?

I was actually plagiarising Al Murry the pub landlord, it’s called humour.

I feel as though I have been corrected by the politically correct fun police.

I was actually praising her.

[quote]

Very possibly.

The thing is, you go back even a few years and that attitude didn''t exist amongst the City supporting kids i came across, so i think there might actually be something in this.

[/quote]I see what you mean.  Something has caused it then...

Society is changing, and football fanship is changing with it. We have gone from football being the working man''s drug of choice, to it being evolved into a family choice of entertainment, then maybe the average family being priced out of it and the prawn sandwich fan picking up the mantle. Now, all of a sudden times are looking tough, police numbers are down, society will inevitably become more violent as people have less in their pockets, and are maybe a lot angrier about their position in life right now.

May I ask cthe original poster what the hell flags at England games got to do with hooligans? Some people really are naive. I''ve followed England for decades and we are now some of the best supporters in the world,also our domestic clubs our now better than most. Jeez,you wouldn''t of stood a chance in the 70/80s mate.

Time to chuck St. George over the seas to where this ''mythical'' entity originated .... but for reasons other than just the flag issue.......Bring on St. Edmund.... a proper Saint and King of the Angles.

So i have a george cross flag and i am a hooligan? ok [:D] perhaps i''m in the BNP too! just because i have a george cross flag (which so happens to be my countrys flag) typical sterio typing of the white english fans as hooligans and racists .............[:P]

hooligans! nowadays!!! yeah right, anyone who likes me can remember games in the 70''s can tell you what real hooliganism is (and i was never one)

More a case of youngsters thinking there hard and with the lack of discipline at home and school they get away with it

Spot on Lilly, we''re a ready made scapegoat for poor parents.

I''m not sure what comparisons between the 70s and now have to do with anything though. So what if the trouble seen at games isn''t as bad as it was back then? The issue is that it''s worse than it was in the 90s...

[quote user="ur just a man in a jacket"]Norwich has the NHS (Norwich Hit Squad). Dont know much about the people though or where they sit[/quote]Can catch them in the snakepit acting hard to the away fans from 100 yards away.

HAH! Sounds like the ducks in the neighborhood pond I take my dog to on walks. He jumps in after them, they swim away, the leash reaches its end so he swims back to me, and the ducks turn around and come after him! He gets out, shakes off the water, sees them coming, jumps in after them, they swim away......etc.