Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for FONCY with the Pink un Pickers

Out of interest Nutty how many pups on average have made a selection this season?

[quote user="Sparkos"]thanks for the intro nutty. I have still not forgiven Man City after they stitched me up last season.

Keep the naps coming thick and fast please fellow pups as it looks like a tough week to me![/quote]

The lovely county of Cornwall, Sparkos, that''s where my cyber travels have lead me to this week and to the city of Truro, no less -- below is a picture of Truro cathedral:[img]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/0f/Truro_stmarysst.jpg[/img]Truro City FC are currently 2nd in the Zamaretto Premier Division having accumulated 23 points from 10 games and their opposition tomorrow are Halesowen Town who are 5th off the bottom having accumulated a mere 10 points from 12 games.That''s my selection this week, Sparkos - good luck.

[quote user="cityangel"]Out of interest Nutty how many pups on average have made a selection this season?[/quote]

Angel, the average is probably around 65 each week. The most is 69 one week last month. I am hoping we get to 70 one week soon and never tire of trying to recruit new posters. Many posters are on the board a fair bit of time each week and don''t leave a selection. Perhaps they feel it''s not for them. Or they are unsure of how it works. The free bet is free to join and free because it costs us nothing.

Anyway, I''m glad you asked because it gives me an excuse to post this again[Y][:)]

As with all messageboard communities new people join all the time. Many of you probably notice these threads and assume it''s not for you. Nothing could be further from the truth. Us PUPs are not an exclusive club. Anyone can take part, it''s free to join in and the only requirement is to post a selection on each weeks thread.

So I’ll post this brief run through again this week for anyone who may be interested :-

The Pink Un Message Rays Funds For FONCY Free Bet Thread

The free bet was set up by my good friend Ray Ducker (Arrdee) to raise money for the Academy. It''s a totally free bet because it''s sponsored by Dixmar Racing who give the best odds every week in an attempt to maximise any winnings for the academy.

How It Works

Every Wednesday during the season I start the new weeks thread. The ''Pink Un Pickers'' (PUPs) then select their ''best selection'' from the weekends football fixtures. On the Friday evening the nominated picker from our PUPs rota selects 6 results from the weeks picks. I then phone these through to Billy Dixon at Dixmar Racing and post the bet and the odds on here on the Saturday lunchtime.

Have we won?

So far there have been 19 winning weeks and the World Cup win in which we have won £1032 for the academy. There have been plenty of near misses too and the ''Pink Un Pickers'' have had a lot of fun trying. Of course we can''t lose thanks to the generosity of our good friend Billy Dixon and of course we have our own PUPs competition at the same time. So it''s a win win situation every week for the Pink Un Pickers!

Want To Take Part?

Just register with the Pink Un Message Board and post your very best selection on the thread. It''s as simple as that.

Top v Bottom in the Norwegian league division 2. Asker should be too strong against Fana. Asker are 14-6-3 this season and with three games to go they are locked in a battle for the title. Fana are 3-4-16 and are pretty much certain to go down. (Odds from Ladbrokes)Best of luck Sparkos. Tough week, but theres been some fantastic picks so far.

I really dislike these International weeks, however Sparkos has the picking pedigree to find us 6 winners this week.Hope this isn''t too late for your consideration Sparkos, but I may have just found a diamond this week.1am our time, Sunday morning USA v Poland - HOME WINFifa ranking 18 v 66, and on home soil for the USA should be a formality.Good luck all Pups, you''ve all done a sterling job in such a hard week - even Shyster has impressed me with his well thought out pick, you''ve really taken to this thread!Leedscanary

Thank you all for your contributions this week and thanks also for the many wishes of good luck! After much consideration I have opted for the following 6......

Southampton to beat Tranmere

Senegal to beat Mauritius

Spain U21''s to beat Croatia U21''s

MK Dons to beat Dagenham & Redbridge

Darlington to beat Hayes and Yeading

Chesterfield to beat Southend

Hope these 6 do the business for us and get us some more valuable cash! For the record Nutty my nap this week is Chesterfield.

Late again sorry it''s been a hectic week and I''ve only just arrived home from the Eng U21 game(anybody else get stuck in the riverside multi storey?) Anyway against my better judgment I gonna go with .......France home win against Romania.Good luck all.[Y]

[quote user="Sparkos"]Thank you all for your contributions this week and thanks also for the many wishes of good luck! After much consideration I have opted for the following 6...... Southampton to beat Tranmere Senegal to beat Mauritius Spain U21''s to beat Croatia U21''s MK Dons to beat Dagenham & Redbridge Darlington to beat Hayes and Yeading Chesterfield to beat Southend Hope these 6 do the business for us and get us some more valuable cash! For the record Nutty my nap this week is Chesterfield.[/quote]

Thank you Sparkos. I knew you were the man for the job this week. One of the many, many things I learnt from Ray was to try to place the pickers in weeks that would compliment their strengths. I knew from your record that you were the best PUP for this particular week. And you have responded with a magnificent looking 6 selections. If there''s any justice your name will be added to Rays line of fame tomorrow night.

I will get these to Billy in the morning and post the odds on here. I think we are looking at a very good potential return this week[Y]

[quote user="Herman "]Have you tried inviting Hucks to be a PUP,Nutty?[:)][/quote]

Good idea Herman.[Y] I will see if I can persuade him to come on board.

[quote user="Shyster"][quote user="Sparkos"]thanks for the intro nutty. I have still not forgiven Man City after they stitched me up last season. Keep the naps coming thick and fast please fellow pups as it looks like a tough week to me![/quote]

The lovely county of Cornwall, Sparkos, that''s where my cyber travels have lead me to this week and to the city of Truro, no less -- below is a picture of Truro cathedral:

Truro City FC are currently 2nd in the Zamaretto Premier Division having accumulated 23 points from 10 games and their opposition tomorrow are Halesowen Town who are 5th off the bottom having accumulated a mere 10 points from 12 games.

That''s my selection this week, Sparkos - good luck.
[/quote]

Just a question for either Shyster or Nutty, which bookies offer odds on the Zamaretto Premier Division? Just wondering so I know in future just how far down the football pyramid I can go for my selections.

A good question. Oddschecker list all the available odds from all the big bookies. The Non-league link is here http://www.oddschecker.com/football/non-league/blue-square-premierIf you scan over the tab at the top saying ''More'' then that will give you a full list of leagues. You can often find that there are non-league cups going on as well that will give you some one-sided games. The league matches I find are a bit too much of a lottery, but Shyster has found one that looks as good as any.

NN - www.oddschecker.com might be a worthy addition to your resource library on the opening page. I find it a good resource to find what matches are on in a given week, and goes down to the most obscure of leagues. It doesnt have any tables or form, but the other sites on your list have that covered.

Good morning Pups The bet is on with Dixmar Racing, so thanks to our good friends Sparkos and Billy Dixon we have...

2/5

Southampton

1/7

Senegal

1/2

Spain U21’s

10/11

MK Dons

8/11

Darlington

10/11

Chesterfield

Which will win for the Academy £126.70p. As always I ran the same bet through one of the big bookies and the return would only be £100.75. So once again thats big difference and it just goes to show why we should bet with Billy. My own ambitious “fiver acca” came to £152 with Boyle but the potential pay out with Billy is £277!!! Of course they still have to win and I haven’t even been close this year!

So dont forget that the best odds on all the weekend football are available to each and every one of us so if you are doing a line today or even fancy these give Billy a ring and get yourselves sorted. It really is a big difference!

So now its "game on". Southampton, MK Dons Darlington and Chesterfields get us underway today at 3pm. Then we have Senegal at 7:30 and Spain U21’s at 8:30. So we will be all done and dusted in what could well be one very exciting day for all us PUPs.

Good luck everyone.............[:)]...............

[quote user="Trent Canary"]NN - www.oddschecker.com might be a worthy addition to your resource library on the opening page. I find it a good resource to find what matches are on in a given week, and goes down to the most obscure of leagues. It doesnt have any tables or form, but the other sites on your list have that covered.
[/quote]

That is a brilliant idea! Thank you Trent. I will get this sorted with our friend The Butler ASAP.

Well done Sparkos for finding these in a real tough week - the potential payout illustrates this.And thanks to Billy for such outstanding odds - the guys a real gem.

[quote user="I am a Banana"]Nutty, you have either put alot on the bet or just gone for some real outsiders!![/quote]

As I said, it was just a fiver young Nana. Nine homes, SpainU21, 5 in the ACN and 3 English ones.

[quote user="city-till-i-die"]Colchester v HUDDERSFIELD away win for Lee Clarks men...good luck one and all[/quote]

Credit where it''s due, with Huddesfield leading 2-0 at HT, this is looking like the pick of the week thus far [img]http://www.pinkun.com/cs_pinkun/cs/emoticons/emotion-21.gif[/img]It wouldn''t have been my selection.

[quote user="Duncan Edwards"]Southampton for me this week, looking to break my crap run of picks. Good luck.[/quote]

What possible use is there in coming in with a pick at 2.45 of a Saturday afternoon you anus?