Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for FONCY with the Pink un Pickers

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

Senegal vs Mauritius - home win

Good luck everyone[:)][Y]

[/quote]

[:O] For f*cks sake, what is this? National Anus Day!

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Shyster''s just in from the pub [B][B][B][B][B]

[;)]

[/quote]

[:D] I am actually, Ed - well, been back an hour or so.This business with people putting their naps in late is a tad annoying though.

[quote user="Shyster"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

Shyster''s just in from the pub [B][B][B][B][B]

[;)]

[/quote]

[:D] I am actually, Ed - well, been back an hour or so.

This business with people putting their naps in late is a tad annoying though.
[/quote]

I do have to agree with this. Because there not actually helping the picker, which is why this thread is done. But I understand why they put their nap in for the league table.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]Ah, just seen that''s been taken, so if it''s ok I''ll offer another option.

Barnet : 2-2-1-7-6 at home, to beat Bradford, who are 0-2-3-2-8 away.

Although this is a relegation scrap, Barnet are scoring goals at home, but Bradford look to be sitting back and getting beaten too easily.[/quote]

[:D]

[quote user="Shyster"][quote user="city-till-i-die"]Colchester v HUDDERSFIELD away win for Lee Clarks men...good luck one and all[/quote]

Credit where it''s due, with Huddesfield leading 2-0 at HT, this is looking like the pick of the week thus far [img]http://www.pinkun.com/cs_pinkun/cs/emoticons/emotion-21.gif[/img]

It wouldn''t have been my selection.
[/quote][Y] cheers Shyster

[quote user="Shyster"][quote user="Duncan Edwards"]Southampton for me this week, looking to break my crap run of picks. Good luck.[/quote]

What possible use is there in coming in with a pick at 2.45 of a Saturday afternoon you anus?[/quote]Dickhead. Maybe not everyone has as much free time on their hands as you?

[quote user="Shyster"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

Senegal vs Mauritius - home win

Good luck everyone[:)][Y]

[/quote]

[:O] For f*cks sake, what is this? National Anus Day!
[/quote]

It must be if you''re here . . . [;)]

Sparkos my friend - that Darlo result was a real choker! You got MK Dons and Chesterfield, the two 10/11 shots that were responsible for such a big potential return. It was a well thought out six in what was a difficult week with a reduced choice. Thank you for making such a great effort and I am already looking forward to your next week in charge.

Finally back to winning ways thanks to Guisley.  Unlucky with the acca.

On a side note, i haven''t read this thread for a couple of days, but looks like its kicked off with the late entries.  While it isn''t any use to the picker, if the pup can only get online after the final selections are posted, then surely they are still allowed to select so they are counted on the pups table to improve their reputation.  As long as its not the same pups week in week out who are selecting late, then i''ve no problem. 

[quote user="Big Slob"][quote user="Shyster"][quote user="Duncan Edwards"]Southampton for me this week, looking to break my crap run of picks. Good luck.[/quote]

What possible use is there in coming in with a pick at 2.45 of a Saturday afternoon you anus?[/quote]Dickhead. Maybe not everyone has as much free time on their hands as you?[/quote]

Get real, tw@t-features, Edmundo puts these threads up midweek and you reckon people can''t find the time to post a couple of sentences with a prediction? Must take all of two minutes ffs.I''m off to check past threads for repeat offenders.

Unlucky Sparkos, really hard week to pick 6 winners out of, cannot believe I managed to pick a 10/11 shot, much better than the usual 1/6ish ones going around!

Nutty - I''m away next week and dont think I will be able to get near a computer so I trust it is okay for me to let you have my selection very early?  I dont want to be late and incur the wrath of Shyster lol!!  I would like to nap Cardiff City vs Bristol City home win please.  Thanks

Possibly not the best person to be saying this, given my previous history, but...Do you think we could find it in ourselves to leave the bickering and arguing off this thread?  It was started to aid a good cause, it continues to aid that good cause AND serves as a memory to perhaps the best all-time poster on this board and a man who was a close friend of many of the people who carry the tradition on.Seeing people getting slated for picking "bad" selections is not what this is about, and I for one would appreciate it if we could keep the love here on this thread and take our differences "outside".Thanks.

[quote user="Shyster"]I''m off to check past threads for repeat offenders. [/quote]Duh duh duhhhhhhh!Be afraid, be very afraid!

[quote user="El Choppo"]Possibly not the best person to be saying this, given my previous history, but...Do you think we could find it in ourselves to leave the bickering and arguing off this thread?  It was started to aid a good cause, it continues to aid that good cause AND serves as a memory to perhaps the best all-time poster on this board and a man who was a close friend of many of the people who carry the tradition on.Seeing people getting slated for picking "bad" selections is not what this is about, and I for one would appreciate it if we could keep the love here on this thread and take our differences "outside".Thanks.[/quote]

Message received, Chopski [img]http://www.pinkun.com/cs_pinkun/cs/emoticons/emotion-21.gif[/img]      >[:#]

Shyster - I noticed the result for your nap today (Same result as mine by the way). Let your picking do the talking - so far your proving to have an eye for it.

[quote user="El Choppo"]Possibly not the best person to be saying this, given my previous history, but...

Do you think we could find it in ourselves to leave the bickering and arguing off this thread?  It was started to aid a good cause, it continues to aid that good cause AND serves as a memory to perhaps the best all-time poster on this board and a man who was a close friend of many of the people who carry the tradition on.

Seeing people getting slated for picking "bad" selections is not what this is about, and I for one would appreciate it if we could keep the love here on this thread and take our differences "outside".

Thanks.

[/quote]

I totally agree with El Choppo - this has always been a pleasant thread to read but is now becoming a bit of a bind to read. For the sake of the man who started this thread can we have a little support and respect.

That said I do think the reason for this thread is being lost a little and it''s the academy that will suffer.

[quote user="Herman "]Great minds and all that.Let''s hope they keep up their great run[Y][:D][/quote]

So glad I didn''t check the scores throughout the game - they conceded in the first minute!!!  [:$]

Came through in the end though [<:o)][B]

Unlucky Sparkos, nothing else to say. On a personal note I''d like to thank top of League 2 Port Vale for being unable to beat 10 man bottom of the league Hereford! Another team off my Christmas Card list!!!

And as has already been said, please don''t let this thread descend to the bickering found on various others around here. Remember the golden rule...theres no blame or criticism here.

Senegal won 7-0 tonight and Spain Under 21''s won 2-1 so for the second season in a row I have managed to get 5 out of 6.........close but no cigar!

Have really enjoyed my week in charge though and it was nice to see people have to think outside of the box for a change instead of plumping for the usual ''hotpots'' like Chelsea, Man Utd, Rangers, Celtic, Real Madrid etc etc.

Hopefully I will get a shot at it again next season when it will e a case of 3rd time lucky i hope?

[quote user="Sparkos"]Senegal won 7-0 tonight and Spain Under 21''s won 2-1 so for the second season in a row I have managed to get 5 out of 6.........close but no cigar! Have really enjoyed my week in charge though and it was nice to see people have to think outside of the box for a change instead of plumping for the usual ''hotpots'' like Chelsea, Man Utd, Rangers, Celtic, Real Madrid etc etc. Hopefully I will get a shot at it again next season when it will e a case of 3rd time lucky i hope?[/quote]

Tremendous effort Sparkos, really unlucky.

[Y]

[quote user="Sparkos"]Senegal won 7-0 tonight and Spain Under 21''s won 2-1 so for the second season in a row I have managed to get 5 out of 6.........close but no cigar! Have really enjoyed my week in charge though and it was nice to see people have to think outside of the box for a change instead of plumping for the usual ''hotpots'' like Chelsea, Man Utd, Rangers, Celtic, Real Madrid etc etc. Hopefully I will get a shot at it again next season when it will e a case of 3rd time lucky i hope?[/quote]

You are a member of an ever growing band of 5 out of 6 errs. (twice now for me)

Sparkos you gave it a good go and again got done by a B*****d result.

That''s why bookies can afford free bets!!

(sorry Billy[:$])

Unlucky again this week :(

But why am i doing so well? Another right pick for me...maybe if i start picking Almeria again, we might get some more luck overall?

My selection doesn''t play ''til tomorrow. But whatever happens I got one thing right this week and that was asking you to make the final selections. You were so unlucky Sparkos.

As for the other stuff..

The idea of the free bet is to raise money for our great clubs academy. But we also have a competition amongst ourselves. Our league helps focus minds which in turn is good for raising funds. The two go together. If you miss the deadline its still good to put in a pick. If you miss it by a day come on and select a Sunday game. It''s always been this way ever since I started the PUPs league.

And how many weeks running am I going to come on here and say pay no regard to our friend Shyster. You''re good at pressing buttons, I''ll give you that Shyster. But you''re also good at the free bet. People won''t recognise that while you wind ''em up though....

You would certainly make someone a cracking Mother-In-Law[;)]

Unlucky Sparkos. As I know all too well, 5 out of 6 feels so much worse for some reason, but they were great picks mate.[Y]

Thats a shame Sparkos, so close but you did your best [:)].

As I''m off the table now I went for a 100% certainty this week Port Vale who are top of the league to beat Hereford at the bottom [:@][:$][:''(]

Oh Dear - god knows what I''ll go for next week!

Does that mean i''m allowed to gloat Nutty? Even the top picker was copying me this week :P Although i''m sure he found it himself.....