Sign in to follow this  
Excited Canary

George Francomb joins Bees

He has just joined Barnet on an initial one month loan. Initial thoughts a bit dodgy, seeing as we only have one recognised right back...maybe a loan coming our way?

Thought?

Dunno, maybe just means if he settles there that he could stay longer.Good news, regular football can only help his development.

Korey can play if Martin gets injured during/before a game, Francombe hasn''t been on the bench much/at all this season has he?

So probably a good thing, if he''s starting for them.... (although, if we where loaning a RB, i''m sure everyone would start moaning, that we need our own players, not loanees :P)

Might as well get first-team action if he can''t make the bench, the most promising academy player outside the match-day squad..

strange though how we were never really packed with RB''s, had a dodgy first choice RB, sold spillane and now getting rid of the potential RB especially considering PL''s comments the other day about not having qualms about moving r martin across to centre back if needed

[quote user="The Lord"]Might as well get first-team action if he can''t make the bench, the most promising academy player outside the match-day squad..

strange though how we were never really packed with RB''s, had a dodgy first choice RB, sold spillane and now getting rid of the potential RB especially considering PL''s comments the other day about not having qualms about moving r martin across to centre back if needed[/quote]I imagine that is part of the reason for why it''s only a month.

Good move for all parties, I guess.

I think, from what I''ve seen, Francomb has got a bit of promise about him but he''s still a long way off being ready.

a months loan indicates he isnt far away from the first team. he is still young and needs games. will no doubt feature at Barnet and learn something...he looks a decent player when he plays for us and the loan will do him good.

Nice bit of quasi nepotism as well.  Seems he knows the manager having been mates with his son.  It''s not what you know - it''s who you know!!